Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley Away Post Match Views

Another 2-1 Defeat
Another injury
Another suspension

How I love Saturdays

Comments

• Shite, team for Wallsall match will be hard to pick now, will have to compromise a couple of positions, like Bielik at the back but a patchwork midfield or Sarr at centre back but Stevenson and Dijksteel as full backs
  • We wouldn’t want it any other way.
  • Two games and two losses over the very important Xmas/New Year period already. Throw in the fact that our paper thin squad is completely decimated by injuries.

I honestly can’t see us going up this year. Playoffs at best but I fear it will be a repeat of last season.

Sell up Roland.
  • 2 christmas defeats for us.
    2 christmas wins for Millwall.

Brilliant.

Slip down to 6th.

Could've been worse but Luton and Sunderland both drew so didn't lose too much ground on them today.

Have to pick things up and get back to winning ways on Tuesday.
  • Felt for a while that Pratley is a good player that we got a season too late.

Bare bones now and no respite in sight.

Happy Christmas : - (
  • edited December 2018
    To be fair - the way he has played the last couple of games, Solly isn't a loss. Wondering if he is doing a job for the team despite not being 100%. Squad just isn't strong enough for automatics, play offs are possible even probable. Will help if owner allows Bowyer to bring in a couple of loans, Doubt it though - we are just going to have to work through our injury crisis and see where we are when players start coming back.
  • Wasn’t Ward supposed to be in the squad today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bag of shite!
  • We have some terrible luck and the squad is looking thin now.

Didn’t deserve anything from the game but Barnsley weren’t particularly good either except the first 20 minutes
  • edited December 2018
    Shit team performance.
    Beautiful goal by Reeves.

Taylor is often our best outlet up front and our best option at the back.
  • Felt for a while that Pratley is a good player that we got a season too late.

Bare bones now and no respite in sight.

Happy Christmas : - (

Agree with this, doesn’t have the legs anymore.
  • Listened on Valley Pass, we sounded out of it in the first half albeit two great strikes for them. Second half we sounded much more in the game and with a bit more luck could have nicked a point.

We aren’t generally a lucky side though and what we ended up with was Pearce sounding injured, Solly getting a second yellow and sent off and a 2-1 loss.

A point would have been a great result. A loss isn’t terrible but is a bit disappointing.
  • First quarter of an hour they were all over us. I thought we were in for a 5-0 hammering. Held out TIL half time but offered nothing. My two girls and wife wanted to go at half time it was that bad. Good rally after Reeves goal and could have nicked a point. God knows who we play at the back New Years Day.
  • Poor first half, decent second half.
    Portsmouth & Luton are looking good for the automatics.
    Sunderland, Barnsley, Peterborough and Charlton looking good for the play offs, with only Doncaster close.
  • Another 2-1 Defeat
    Another injury
    Another suspension

How I love Saturdays

Who picked up an injury? Who is now suspended?

• Sponsored links:

• Undone by two lovely Barnsley goals today - they werent much different to the team that came down to the Valley in October whilst we're down to the bare bones.

Its a shame that we got our goal so late - It did have a feel that Barnsley had been so comfortable for so long that they werent able to raise the tempo to the start of the game meaning we may have gotten an equaliser.

Bielik did well in the heart of midfield, whilst felt that Grant never gave up - Play-Offs should now be our main target, would have been surprised had we finished top two anyway but have a feeling that Barnsley will be our Semi Final opponents, not sure if they have quiet enough themselves to get top two either.

Have banged on about it a few times but thought the ref wasnt strong enough and was weak by not sending off their player early on for being last man; Solly's red was equally harsh yet wonder if he didnt help by jumping into the challenge slightly as he certainly won the ball
  • Another 2-1 Defeat
    Another injury
    Another suspension

How I love Saturdays

Who picked up an injury? Who is now suspended?

Pearce injured.
    Solly was sent off.
  • Tough first 20. First goal unlucky as the ball had gone out for a throw during the run up to it, but lino missed it. Second goal absolute beauty. Dijksteel got pelters from Steer for not closing down, but the quality of finish was not what you expect from league 1. Rest of first half little quality from either side.

Second half spirited come back that shows the impact of Bowyer. Solly very unlucky to get sent off.
  • Shame! Barnsley were crap I thought! We are just so low in depth and quality at the moment it is unreal!
  • Not allowed to post anything anymore.

You just did !
  • The cheap beer oop north is a small consolation

A terrible first 25 minutes, Barnsley scored 2 excellent goals, but it could have been more. After then we steadied the ship and were competitive for the rest of the match, if lacking in quality.

Nobody came out with a lot of credit after that performance really. Good finish by Reeves for the goal, but I’m struggling to say anything more positive as our football was very average today
  • Too many injuries beginning to take there toll. Keep the faith I'm confident we will still finish in the play offs and our injury jinx will turn around soon...