Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    The somewhat tall order of 360 required to win 
  • Options
    The somewhat tall order of 360 required to win 
    Even taller when you're 28-4 in the 10th over ...
  • Options
    94 all out so lost by the small matter of 264 runs. One can't help thinking that it might have been closer with the likes of Kuhn, Denly, Billings and DBD
  • Options
    Close game. 
  • Options
    A return visit to Lords looking a long way off.
  • Options
    Played 2 .
    Won1
    Lost 1
    Long way to go 
  • Options
    Played 2 .
    Won1
    Lost 1
    Long way to go 
    Played 2
    Won 0
    Lost 2

Not quite such a long way to go
  • Options
    Didn't we lose the first 2 last year as well? 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Grim start to the 50 over cup but reinforces my feeling that Somerset have got a very strong side in all formats this year
  • Options
    Relax. Kent have an easy game at Beckenham on Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Kent were playing today, but it's all quiet on this thread so I must be mistaken.
  • Options
    I thought Kent were playing today, but it's all quiet on this thread so I must be mistaken.
    Agreed 
  • Options
    Lost with 10 overs to spare. Something needs to change quick. Middle order is poor unfortunately 
  • Options
    Glad I wasn’t able to go today, a humbling defeat really but not surprising when you look at that lineup
  • Options
    In short........at present, our bowling attack is much more of a problem than our batting!

• Options
    Glad I wasn’t able to go today, a humbling defeat really but not surprising when you look at that lineup
    Agree, so many injuries at the mo

I enjoyed it there today though, great to have cricket back in Beckenham on a glorious sunny day 👍
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Most of the injuries are batsmen though, that bowling line up is very village, Which is our biggest problem. They have no  discipline at all. Are there any bowlers out there we can get onloan which a county doesn’t need at the moment? 
  • Options
    Were in a great position at 200-2 off about 30 overs. 

Finishing on 298 from there is a shocker.

Great day though. Sun, beer, mates, cricket... love it!
  • Options
    Anyone know why Sky didn't show any of the London Cup games today?
  • Options
    Bank Holiday Monday and no cricket on in England? Madness. What are the ECB playing at? Royal London games on tomorrow and Wednesday!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:
    Bank Holiday Monday and no cricket on in England? Madness. What are the ECB playing at? Royal London games on tomorrow and Wednesday!  
    It doesn’t make any sense. Many of the County Championship games start on Mondays which also seems crazy.
  • Options
    Denlys back for Kent today, that should help us a little bit. 
  • Options
    I hope Joe hasn't left his form behind in India, having done bugger all out there
  • Options
    Renshaw out injured, 1 in, 1 out...

18-1 after 6.3, Dickson the man out
  • Options
    Kent are 262 for 7 with 1.5 overs left
  • Options
    I hope Joe hasn't left his form behind in India, having done bugger all out there
    Denly got 56
  • Options
    Between Innings - Kent are 282 for 8
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    282-8 off 50.
    Bit of disappointing last over.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Between Innings - Kent are 282 for 8
    Can't see that being anywhere near enough with our attack