Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    86-2. Crawley out lbw for 45
    14 of the 32 wickets to fall have been LBW. Early season conditions and modern day trigger movements that mean a batsman covers all three are probably to blame. 
  • Options
    109-2
  • Options
    Awful bog of an Edgbaston pitch to blame imo 
  • Options
    We win by 8 wickets!!!!!!
  • Options
    won by 8 wickets 
  • Options
    124-2 (19.4 ov) Renshaw 48* DBD 18*

Win by 8 wickets.

Title challenge back on ... 😉
  • Options
    Great win that. Should have been 2 from 2, really thought we would struggle in this league. Too soon for that kind of talk 😉
  • Options
    Never in doubt...

For April, there have been a lot of runs scored around the country and a lot of relatively flat pitches. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Great weekend for me.
    Addicks, Lewis Hamilton and Kent all win.......I’m a Happy Bunny!
  • Options
    Well done chaps
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great weekend for Addicks & Kent supporters ! 

Long may it last !

( And hope your lot do QUITE well, @blackpool....:-) )

• Options
    Well done Kent. Hopefully the first of many wins this season. 
  • Options
    Well done Kent, you have set a standard for yourselves now
  • Options
    Up to the dizzy heights of 3rd!

Only Somerset won their first two matches.
  • Options
    Kent V Hampshire Royal London One Day Cup on Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Cricket HD tomorrow (Wednesday), 12.30 pm.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Just bet £30 on a Kent win at 13/10. That will make the day interesting at the very least. 
  • Options
    Won toss and elected to bowl.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Rob Key on Sky said of Zac Crawley, that he is the best youngster to come through the Kent ranks in the last 20 years. High praise indeed.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Rob Key on Sky said of Zac Crawley, that he is the best youngster to come through the Kent ranks in the last 20 years. High praise indeed.
    Crawley is a talent and was one that was identified at a very young age as capable of making it. Key actually said "best young batsman" to come through in the last 20 years - whilst we haven't produced any quick bowlers of note and only Riley in the spinning department, I suspect he qualified it because he would have had Billings in mind as a cricketer simply because he is one of the best glove men in the country and can bat a bit too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Slightly surprised Robinson isn't playing. Rouse keeps wicket, Klaassen makes his debut

• Options
    PeterGage said:
    Crawley is a talent and was one that was identified at a very young age as capable of making it. Key actually said "best young batsman" to come through in the last 20 years - whilst we haven't produced any quick bowlers of note and only Riley in the spinning department, I suspect he qualified it because he would have had Billings in mind as a cricketer simply because he is one of the best glove men in the country and can bat a bit too.
    Yes, none of the 5 bowlers playing today are home grown
  • Options
    Slightly surprised Robinson isn't playing. Rouse keeps wicket, Klaassen makes his debut

Neither Robinson or Riley were in the 14 and are playing in the current 2s game against MCC Young Cricketers which started yesterday. Both are being saved from first team duty so they can turn our for Bexley in their first friendly of the season on Saturday!
  • Options

Neither Robinson or Riley were in the 14 and are playing in the current 2s game against MCC Young Cricketers which started yesterday. Both are being saved from first team duty so they can turn our for Bexley in their first friendly of the season on Saturday!
    Riley I wasn't surprised about as Qayyum has tended to be ahead of him in white ball cricket. Robinson is more surprising, as Rouse is hardly know for his explosive white ball batting.
  • Options
    Hants 106-2 off 20
  • Options
    I wondered why Blake has been bowling spin for the 2s. With DBD back bowling too we aren't short of options.
  • Options
    127-3 (25.4)

JM Vince c Klaassen b Imran Qayyum 56

Compass Boy still 18*
  • Options
    I wondered why Blake has been bowling spin for the 2s. With DBD back bowling too we aren't short of options.
    It's always surprised me that he never tried bowling before. Even with his excellent fielding, unless you're world class a pure batsman at 6 or 7 is a bit of a luxury
  • Options
    163-3 off 30!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    It's always surprised me that he never tried bowling before. Even with his excellent fielding, unless you're world class a pure batsman at 6 or 7 is a bit of a luxury
    I believe Blake has had problems with his back in the past which stopped him bowling the medium pace stuff he used to bowl.

Spin bowling may not exacerbate the problem perhaps.

EDIT:

All that said he is bowling rmf according to cricinfo.