Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    Anyone older than me seen a worse Bowling attack over the years?

I've  Been watching Kent for over 12 years and I can’t seem to remember a bowling line up so uninspiring. 
  • Options
    Why isn't Denly bowling?
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but can teams make signings after the season has started or does it not work like that?
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but can teams make signings after the season has started or does it not work like that?
    You can make loan signings certainly
  • Options
    Why isn't Denly bowling?

Back injury apparently. It was Probably caused from all the sitting around he did in the IPL 
  • Options
    Why isn't Denly bowling?

Back injury apparently. It was Probably caused from all the sitting around he did in the IPL 
    Or the weight of his wallet  :wink:
  • Options
    I really genuinely think you guys should be looking at Stuart Meaker on loan. A genuinely quick bowler and wicket taker. Apparently he is over his injury problems. 

He had a really good winter playing grade cricket in Aus and was even called up to the NSW state squad (but didn't play a game for them) so he definitely impressed out there. 

Noises from Alec Stewart at the last members meeting that he is back to bowling at his best but is just a bit down the pecking order at Surrey now. He was in the squad for the one day game today and if injuries keep going the way they are then he may well get a go sooner or later. He needs to be playing to improve so everyone would benefit.

I would say the same about Matt Dunn but he is currently injured.
  • Options
    I really genuinely think you guys should be looking at Stuart Meaker on loan. A genuinely quick bowler and wicket taker. Apparently he is over his injury problems. 

He had a really good winter playing grade cricket in Aus and was even called up to the NSW state squad (but didn't play a game for them) so he definitely impressed out there. 

Noises from Alec Stewart at the last members meeting that he is back to bowling at his best but is just a bit down the pecking order at Surrey now. He was in the squad for the one day game today and if injuries keep going the way they are then he may well get a go sooner or later. He needs to be playing to improve so everyone would benefit.

With Blake, Crawley and Dickson having to share 10 overs between them I'd take Derek Underwood right now. 
  • Options
    Gloucestershire win by 6 wickets
  • Options
    And I was looking forward to the cricket season......!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’re doomed 
  • Options

With Blake, Crawley and Dickson having to share 10 overs between them I'd take Derek Underwood right now. 
    At 74 or whatever he is that may be a stretch but I saw him in his sixties getting good club cricketers out playing for Old England. Same run up feet still at ten to two.
  • Options
    Can things get any worse ?

Well, the answer is YES !

Just a couple of balls into Glamorgan's innings this morning, Bilbo suffered a serious shoulder injury trying to stop runs and is now off the pitch following a lengthy period of on field treatment including receiving oxygen.

It's thought to be a dislocation.

I don't beleeeeeve it !!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    What a disastrous season this has turned out to be So far
  • Options
    Glamorgan 12-1 thanks to Pod.
  • Options
    Completely Charltonised this season with our injuries

The only (very small) consolation is that we're effectively out of the Royal London already so it's not as if we have anything to play for until the CC resumes on the 14th May
  • Options
    What in the world is Sam Billings doing at mid off instead of behind the sticks anyway?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Glamorgan 12-1 thanks to Pod.
    I’ve imagined you doing a rain dance all day to give Kent their first point! 😀
  • Options
    What in the world is Sam Billings doing at mid off instead of behind the sticks anyway?

To be fair he is probably jet lagged. He has also only kept once in the last 10 weeks and is recovering from his recent op necessary to remove splinters from his backside. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Match delayed - Glamorgan are 68 for 2 with 25.0 overs left
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Match reduced to 40 overs.
    For clarification .
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    For clarification .
    40 overs?

Kent's batting doesn't normally last that long anyway.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    For clarification .
    40 overs?

Kent's batting doesn't normally last that long anyway.
    Maybe so.
    But as a guest on this thread I'm too polite to say so. 😋
  • Options
    Billings has had his shoulder relocated and is going to have scans tomorrow to see the extent of the damage. Wish him a speedy recovery.

• Options

Come on now. We are mid table in the CC1 and we are going to win the T2
  • Options
    Billings has had his shoulder relocated and is going to have scans tomorrow to see the extent of the damage. Wish him a speedy recovery.

From our experience of 2 in one game, out until July at least? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Is that because it's nigh on impossible for us to be all out inside 12 balls?
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Is that because it's nigh on impossible for us to be all out inside 12 balls?
    Don't give the ECB ideas.
  • Options

Can there be a worse injury for a keeper?
    Hate to say it but let’s face it, it’s pretty horrendous.