Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    Kent have named the same 13 for the game against Warwickshire starting tomorrow. 

Meanwhile a joint Kent/Sussex 2nd XI have been taking on Middlesex 2nd XI. Middlesex made 362-9 declared of which a certain 17 year old by the name of Joshua Atherton made 157*. 

One suspects that this will be a case of the apple not falling far from the tree and the lad is destined one day to follow in his father's footsteps.
    Talk about being misinformed - it wasn't Josh Atherton that got the 157* but Josh de Caines. I'm also reliably informed that this lad is the son of a French lorry driver. But I might have made that up too!
  • Options

Zak Crawley’s classy century puts Kent on top: Recent Match Report - Warwickshire vs Kent, County Championship Division One, 1st Innings | ESPNcricinfo.com - via ESPNCricinfo app

• Options
    CHG said:

Zak Crawley’s classy century puts Kent on top: Recent Match Report - Warwickshire vs Kent, County Championship Division One, 1st Innings | ESPNcricinfo.com - via ESPNCricinfo app

Fat Bob speaks highly of Creepy I'm reliably informed.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    CHG said:

Fat Bob speaks highly of Creepy I'm reliably informed.
    Let’s hope we can keep hold of him
  • Options
    Kent have named the same 13 for the game against Warwickshire starting tomorrow. 

Meanwhile a joint Kent/Sussex 2nd XI have been taking on Middlesex 2nd XI. Middlesex made 362-9 declared of which a certain 17 year old by the name of Joshua Atherton made 157*. 

One suspects that this will be a case of the apple not falling far from the tree and the lad is destined one day to follow in his father's footsteps.
    Talk about being misinformed - it wasn't Josh Atherton that got the 157* but Josh de Caines. I'm also reliably informed that this lad is the son of a French lorry driver. But I might have made that up too!
    Is Josh de Caines one of Michael Caine's French cousins?
  • Options
    403-7.....Robinson 81 no. :)
  • Options
    5 batting points!
  • Options
    404-7 now
  • Options
    Neither Trott nor Bell playing for Warwickshire.

Does that mean the replacement batters are better or have we got a potential result there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited April 2019
    Well played Ollie. 
    Is this pitch is not as flat as it seems?
  • Options
    Who's that scoring runs?
    Who's that scoring runs?
    Ollie, Ollie Robinson, Ollie, Ollie Robinson!
  • Options
    Well done Ollie. I'm sure that's just the first of many.

We have some competition now in the batsman/keeper division - in addition  to Robinson's hundred, both Rouse and Cox got tons for the 2s this week. We also have some bloke in the IPL who does the same job when he's not carrying the drinks.
  • Options
    475-7 at lunch
  • Options
    489-8.....Robbo 131 no.
  • Options
    So three academy products (Zac Crawley, Ollie Robinson and Jordan Cox) all scored hundreds in Kent colours in the last 48 hours - and the oldest one is Crawley at the ripe old age of 21 years and 68 days.
  • Options
    500 up for Kent
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Kent declaring their first innings, after what happened in the Sussex Somerset game, that's an impressive turnaround!

We've plenty of bowling options, indeed before the match I would have considered the batting to be a bit light! 4 seamers, Riley plus DBD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent declaring their first innings, after what happened in the Sussex game, that's an impressive turnaround!

We've plenty of bowling options, indeed before the match I would have considered the batting to be a bit light! 4 seamers, Riley plus DBD.
    Somerset.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    One swallow and all that but what’s with the sudden run scoring from the young guns after a less than impressive showing in Div 2? Is the pitch a road?
  • Options
    Wicket for Stevo! Rhodes caught behind by Robinson

26-1
  • Options
    Joe Denly opening for KKR now
  • Options
    Kent declaring their first innings, after what happened in the Sussex game, that's an impressive turnaround!

Somerset.
    Well some rural county full of yokels  :D
  • Options
    36-2, Milnes gets Banks
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Golden Duck for Denly
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Stewart said:
    Golden Duck for Denly
    It was one of those dismissals that you could consider a tad unlucky - it was only off stump that ended up cartwheeling towards the boundary after all.

I'm afraid that's what comes of getting no time in the middle. Likewise with Billings and with conditions very much different on their return home they will probably need some time to acclimatise. Then the World Cup will, no doubt, claim them both.
  • Options
    75-2
  • Options
    84-3 Two for Milnes now. That pesky Surrey reject, Sibley, is still there on 40*