Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• 129 to win.
    Mmmmmm.....let’s not try for that with 6 down.
    Dig deep and a draw must be our only target.
  • 308-for 7

Kent need 118 runs to win
  • edited May 2019
    6 down....Kuhn out dam it.
    We could get a draw yet but we are now into the tail!
    Harsher people than I would say that on this season's form we were practically into the tail before lunch.

Other teams' tails wag more than my little Yorkie terrier (especially against us); a Manx cat normally has more of a tail wag than we do.
  • 8 down, 4.2 overs left
  • Super Kent!
  • Sounds like a really good game of cricket to have watched. 
    Over 1300 runs scored and 38 wickets taken.
    So much for Kent's tail not wagging. 
    Huh. 
  • Great effort today,  decent pitch too as there were plenty of runs but nearly a result. Indeed if we had bowled Surrey out for 50 less, we could even have won. Well maybe!
  • Like I said after the Doncaster game.... never in doubt. 
  • Well done...... but we really have to stop getting ourselves into these back to the wall situations.
  • edited May 2019
    Well done...... but we really have to stop getting ourselves into these back to the wall situations.
    Remember we are playing the big boys now. We arent playing the likes of Glamorgan, Northants or Worcester these days.

Just out of interest, if (and it’s a big if) Charlton win promotion to the Championship, do you expect Charlton to win most games? 

• Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:
    Well done...... but we really have to stop getting ourselves into these back to the wall situations.
    Remember we are playing the big boys now. We arent playing the likes of Glamorgan or Northants these days.

Just out of interest, if (and it’s a big if) Charlton win promotion to the Championship, do you expect Charlton to win most games? 

When you say the likes of Glamorgan and Northants don't forget  Worcester 
  • Good that. Will need every point we can get. 
  • Stewart said:
    Remember we are playing the big boys now. We arent playing the likes of Glamorgan or Northants these days.

Comment edited to match your needs.
  • Stewart said:

Did you have anyone in mind when you mentioned Worcester ... ?
  • Stewart said:

Did you have anyone in mind when you mentioned Worcester ... ?
    😁
  • Stewart said:
    Remember we are playing the big boys now. We arent playing the likes of Glamorgan, Northants or Worcester these days.

No of course not.....what a strange question, why do you ask?
  • Well done ,guys !

May I just say that I played NO part in this steely performance from our lads  and no dances of any kind were performed.

Not a bad start to the season in the 4 dayers...keep it up ,please.

• edited May 2019
    Stewart said:

Wasn’t having a dig or anything, I ask because you expect Kent to win every match they play when the opponents are so much better
  • What's important is that we've made a much better start to the season than Warks who've lost all 3 of their games

While we want to do as well as possible, success for me would be staying up even if means finishing 7th
  • Stewart said:
    Stewart said:

Wasn’t having a dig or anything, I ask because you expect Kent to win every match they play when the opponents are so much better
    Do I.......you must be bloody kidding, I ‘always’ knew it was going to be tough going.
    What I was referring to was us getting ourselves into seemingly match winning positions only to fall apart and putting ourselves on the back foot..........something we have done on several occasions in the last couple of weeks, whether batting or bowling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lets not forget we had them 90 odd for 6.

it's Surrey that should be relieved..
  • MrOneLung said:
    Lets not forget we had them 90 odd for 6.

Surrey have 3 draws so far, the Sunderland of county cricket
  • I did mention that Dickson likes Beckenham. With an average of 110.50 I bet he wish he could take the pitch with him!
  • Some unashamed Kentish nostalgia I've found.

A profile of the late Brian Luckhurst, a lovely man and true gentleman I was privileged to meet more than once, which features our own Derek Ufton amongst others those 'of an age' will identify easily enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Gj_gM77VQ&feature=youtu.be

and highlights of the 1973 B&H final featuring Kent and Worcestershire. A different age in field placings, commentary styles and so much else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UvCqYWoIdc

Enjoy.
  • MrOneLung said:

Ho ho
  • MrOneLung said:

Surrey have 3 draws so far, the Sunderland of county cricket
    Fuc#$%g ho
  • LenGlover said:
    Some unashamed Kentish nostalgia I've found.

A profile of the late Brian Luckhurst, a lovely man and true gentleman I was privileged to meet more than once, which features our own Derek Ufton amongst others those 'of an age' will identify easily enough.

and highlights of the 1973 B&H final featuring Kent and Worcestershire. A different age in field placings, commentary styles and so much else.

Enjoy.
    This one bit of commentary by Richie Benaud says it all so far as how times have changed "52-2 off 22 overs. A much more healthy looking scoreboard than earlier"
  • LenGlover said:
    Some unashamed Kentish nostalgia I've found.

Enjoy.
    Amazingly in the semi final Kent beat Essex after scoring 169/9 in 55 overs!
  • Essex 
    190-for 3 wickets