Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Ollie 25* and Blakey 18* leading a recovery (of sorts) ... 86-5.

A sixth-wicket partnership of 41*

• Ollie 25* and Blakey 18* leading a recovery (of sorts) ... 86-5.

A sixth-wicket partnership of 41*

Shhhhh  :)
  • 101-6, Blake the man to go
  • Stevo played a "black ops" style of innings, in and out before anyone noticed.

101-7
  • Let's hope we can at least get the 3 bowling points for this match
  • Resuming my rain dance immediately.  3 further completed sessions and Somerset could have another win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't it be nice to have Somerset finally win the Championship over moneybags Hampshire and the rest of them? I think you guys can afford one defeat ;)
  • Somerset in reply

6-2
  • 14-3 now .... who would be a batter ? 
  • 40-4

Podmore 3-12
  • Top score is currently Extras with 15
  • I see Martin Saggers is one of the Umpires. Not just a former player but also a bowling coach at Kent too. Surprised for that reason by the appointment but I suppose cricket is different from say football in that respect. Can't imagine Mike Dean officiating at a Tranmere game for example!
  • 14 wickets in the day already.

Points deduction for the pitch in the offing?
  • Somerset 66-4 at tea
  • I see Martin Saggers is one of the Umpires. Not just a former player but also a bowling coach at Kent too. Surprised for that reason by the appointment but I suppose cricket is different from say football in that respect. Can't imagine Mike Dean officiating at a Tranmere game for example!
    That is a bit surprising if he is also coaching at Kent. I guess cricket is a bit different, and a "biased" umpire will quickly be kicked off the circuit anyway. Until recently of course, all the international umpires were from the host nation too!
  • Sponsored links:

• 84-4, come on Saggers we need a wicket  :D
  • LenGlover said:
    92-4
    You got us a 5th wicket, Len ! 

97-5

but now 112-5
  • Two wickets in an over for Stewart!

Scores level, Somerset 139-7

Come on you boys ! 

Need to finish them off .
  • Followed by one of the worst overs I've ever seen.

Cue a big partnership.

17 wickets so far in the day. What will the points deduction be?
  • How do tickets work for the tests, I often get home from work about 4, would it still be full price to get in then to watch the rest of the day?
  • How do tickets work for the tests, I often get home from work about 4, would it still be full price to get in then to watch the rest of the day?
    You don't get returns like Wimbledon.
    If you're in the London area you may consider buying Day 5 tickets for The Oval or Lords if there are any left, as they are much cheaper. Oval refunds if no play, Lords doesn't.
  • LenGlover said:
    Two wickets in an over for Stewart!

Cue a big partnership.

17 wickets so far in the day. What will the points deduction be?
    How many of the wickets have been down to the pitch? Is it a case of atmospheric conditions helping the bowlers?

Or, heaven forbid, county batsmen thinking they can play like Viv Richards when their natural level is more Keith Richard?