Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• 163-6

D B-D 61* the rest are laying down and dying.
  • 165-for 6 wickets

Kent need 173 runs to win

• A typical fourth innings procession from Kent.

Wander to the middle, say hello to everyone ... and a few balls later say cheerio. Next!
  • 188-for 6 wickets

Tea - Kent need 150 runs to win
  • Tea: 188-6 DBD 67*, Stevo 19*

Stevo played out the last two balls before the interval .. 4 followed by 6.

150 needed to win off a minimum 30 overs.

Stevo's probably thinking "hey guys, we can still win this ..."

;)
  • edited May 2019
    Kent all out 224 lost by 113 runs.

D B-D 81
  • Harmer got 8/98, can't argue with that
  • Someone I know (!) said to me at the weekend the reason Kent will go down is because in this league you can’t have Joe Denly as your best spinner... 

but there again he didn't know only only one team is relegated this season. Essex muppet. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Someone I know (!) said to me at the weekend the reason Kent will go down is because in this league you can’t have Joe Denly as your best spinner... 

but there again he didn't know only only one team is relegated this season. Essex muppet. 
    That's no way to speak of your nephew
  • I wish I was joking but he genuinely didn’t know only one down this season ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• No idea why we picked Qayyum for this match, he's at best an average white ball spinner
  • Warks beating Surrey is funny, but a draw would probably have been better for us, seeing that Warks will almost certainly be relegation rivals
  • No idea why we picked Qayyum for this match, he's at best an average white ball spinner
    What if anything does that say about the management's opinion of Charlton fan Adam Riley?

Do they think Qayyum is more of a wicket taker or do they just want the variety of a left armer?

• LenGlover said:
    No idea why we picked Qayyum for this match, he's at best an average white ball spinner
    What if anything does that say about the management's opinion of Charlton fan Adam Riley?

Do they think Qayyum is more of a wicket taker or do they just want the variety of a left armer?

Perhaps Adam was too pissed after Sunday to play on Monday!
  • LenGlover said:
    No idea why we picked Qayyum for this match, he's at best an average white ball spinner

That thought did occur to me too to be honest but I didn't want to cast aspersions.
  • LenGlover said:

Riles was never in the 13 man squad. He phoned me on Monday and was perfectly sober. Albeit is was in the evening!
  • https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/viljoen-returns-for-vitality-blast/

Hardus Viljoen returns for the Blast. I'd forgotten about him, but he played for us briefly in 2016
  • I see Surrey have lost again - the Surrey thread seems curiously quiet this season  :)

Warks and Notts heading for a draw, strange performance by Notts, 97 all out in the 1st innings, 247-3 in the second
  • I see Surrey have lost again - the Surrey thread seems curiously quiet this season  :)

Warks and Notts heading for a draw, strange performance by Notts, 97 all out in the 1st innings, 247-3 in the second
    Sounds like a Kent-style performance: crap first innings score yielding no batting points, decent second knock.
  • Spinner Ollie Raynor joining us on loan from Middlesex.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spinner Ollie Raynor joining us on loan from Middlesex.
    Not good news for Adam Riley. Raynor seems to have slightly lost his way, so potentially a great move for him.

Weird how Kent are so good at producing batters and keepers but not bowlers.
  • 10-2

bring on the rain.
  • That Somerset attack looks fearsome. Overton, Overton, Gregory, Brooks, Leach
  • I'm saying nothing.

( Too busy dancing...)
  • Oh blimey!
  • That Somerset attack looks fearsome. Overton, Overton, Gregory, Brooks, Leach
    ... Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grubb.