Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• edited September 2019
    195-5
  • 209-5.....that’s a bit better!
  • edited September 2019
    Just 392 runs ahead now! Billings wants a ton
  • edited September 2019
    If we set them 400 plus and they manage to get it then frankly they deserve it.

I'd be inclined to get past 400 in the remaining few overs then declare overnight to make optimum use of the early morning conditions with a 10:30 start.
  • The lead is now 402 Bilbo 90* will he get his ton?
  • O'Riordan out for 9.

2 balls left this over and 2 overs after that today. Bilbo on 95
  • Still 2 days to go right? 
  • LenGlover said:
    The lead is now 402 Bilbo 90* will he get his ton?
    Notts paying a hefty price for Moores missing a big stumping opportunity off Ashwin 2nd ball of his innings
  • CHG said:
    Still 2 days to go right? 
    Yes
  • Rayner gone too
  • Sponsored links:

• 228-7

10 balls to go of the day

Billings 96*
  • Rayner out for 0. 10 balls left tonight Bilbo 96*
  • Our card looks somewhat strange - after Billings (96*), Crawley (82) and Cox (13 retired) the next top score is 9
  • He's done it! Bilbo 100* 4 balls left lead 416
  • Billings gets his ton!
  • Great moment for him as he's struggled since his return from injury
  • Billings out next ball
  • Bilbo out c&b for 100 off the last ball 236-8 at the close a lead of 416.
  • Doesn't look like Cox is coming back in - well not tonight anyway
  • It would take Notts 3 innings to get 400!
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon they will declare overnight.
  • LenGlover said:
    I reckon they will declare overnight.
    Not sure they have any reason to especially if Cox can bat again. If Notts survive 2 days they will get the runs and as unlikely as that might be, even another 20 or so runs might make a difference.
  • LenGlover said:
    I reckon they will declare overnight.
    Not sure they have any reason to especially if Cox can bat again. If Notts survive 2 days they will get the runs and as unlikely as that might be, even another 20 or so runs might make a difference.
    My thinking would be to make the most of the conditions prevailing with a 10:30 am start and a new ball particularly if it's overcast early on. Two or three early wickets would make a big difference. There is a school of thought that if they can chase 417 they would deserve it.

A few bowling and fielding stats if they are of interest:

As previously mentioned Stevo needs 3 wickets to have 500 career first class wickets for Kent.

Milnes needs 3 wickets and Podmore needs 4 for their 50 wickets for the season.

Olly Robinson needs 1 catch or stumping for 50 dismissals in his first full season.
  • ITMA !!!!!

Stevo strikes- Notts 27 - 1 
  • Guess who's on a hatrick ? 

:-)
  • Come on Stevo! 499 wickets for Kent now!

29-2 both to God.
  • Podders has just received his party invite.

Notts 33-3
  • Cox did come back into bat this morning and made 20 in the end. Our lead was 439 so with Notts at 38-3 they still need another 403
  • Stevens strikes.104 for 6.
    500th First Class wicket for Darren Stevens!

Be interesting to know how many have been LBW as it's the classic Stevo dismissal
    Funnily Rikki Clarke (a young whippersnapper at 37) got his 500th first class wicket yesterday, but then Stevo's bowling has matured with age as I don't think it was that dangerous as a youngster

Lord Stevo started life as a batsman; according to Wikipdia he was an opening batsman in his early days at Grace Road.

I guess he didn't bowl too much at Leicester and it was only Kent that saw his true potential as a deity-in-waiting.