Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    He's done it!! 64-4 but more importantly 500 wickets for Kent for Stevo!!
  • Options
    "going down, going down, going down, going down, going down, going down, going down, going down, going down, going down "
  • Options
    Interesting to see Alex Hales playing last night in the Caribbean Premier League. Another player who was picked to open for England in Test cricket even though he wasn't even good enough to do it in the County Championship.
  • Options
    Now it's time for Matt Milnes to come out to play with his friends.

Notts 91-5, lunch now taken.

To win: Kent need 5 wickets, Notts need a miracle i.e. 349 runs.

There's only five sessions left in the match so if we play our cards right and juggle our bowlers properly (i.e. let His Lordship own one end) we might just sneak a victory.
  • Options
    Apologies to those who can't access Twatter at work ...

This is a nice sight for a bowler ...

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Lord Stevens 500th First Class wicket for Kent ...

LBW - what other way would it be?!

Edit: Click on the tweet below to see the video clip of the wicket in the tweet thread

• Options
    Notts have been pitiful this season in the CC, after plundering "smaller" counties for several of their best players (Duckett, Clarke etc). 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The man the myth the Legend 
  • Options
    The man the myth the Legend 
    With 500 FC wickets he hasn't mythed that much.

I'll get me coat and see meself out ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    148-6
  • Options
    Stevo update:

He's still got it!

195-8, Lord Stevens 17-3-45-4, on course for another 5-fer. Match figures of 34-10-84-9 so far for the up-and-coming all-rounder.

Ollie Raynor got the last wicket to fall, his first of the match.

• Options
    195-9
  • Options
    195-9
    Please let DI Stevens get the last wicket!
  • Options
    195-9
    And so he does! Kent win by 227 runs.
  • Options
    195-9
    And so he does! Kent win by 227 runs.
    Hooray, there is a god!

And he got 10 wickets in the match!
  • Options
    I know the Twenty20 went a bit pear shaped, but the county championship has been another matter. much better than I feared at the start of the season, and we look forward to another season in the top flight next year.
  • Options
    One relegation fought off, over to you Charlton

• Options
    CHG said:
    One relegation fought off, over to you Charlton

As long as we don't have a Charlton version of the Essex Championship match from the other week, especially against the knuckle-draggers from the Rusty Toolbox, I'll be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done our brave boys ! 
  • Options
    I have to admit Kent performed far better in the county championship than I thought they would. 
    Well done all.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    What have A Hearne, JR Mason, FE Woolley, LJ Todd, WH Ashdown, GW Johnson and DI Stevens all got in common?

They have scored 10,000 runs and taken 500 wickets for Kent in first class matches. Just 7 players and DI Stevens has achieved this feat at a time when the first class programme is severely truncated to previous eras.
    Bless his cotton socks ! 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    What have A Hearne, JR Mason, FE Woolley, LJ Todd, WH Ashdown, GW Johnson and DI Stevens all got in common?

They have scored 10,000 runs and taken 500 wickets for Kent in first class matches. Just 7 players and DI Stevens has achieved this feat at a time when the first class programme is severely truncated to previous eras.
    Bless his cotton socks ! 
    I was fairly resolved that we were moving in a different direction but I am now thinking it was a poor decision to let him go 
  • Options
    Hampshire easily beat Surrey so stay above us in 4th. 
  • Options
    Hampshire easily beat Surrey so stay above us in 4th. 
    Just helping out our nearest and dearest. 
  • Options
    Who do Kent feel is ready to step into stevos boots ??? They surely must have someone lined up?!

Out of all the bowlers, He Bowled the most overs in both innings. Really don’t see where they are going with this, seems as though we still are heavily relying on him to get us through matches. 
  • Options
    I have to admit Kent performed far better in the county championship than I thought they would. 
    Well done all.
    But sell our club and fuck off??