Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don’t panic!
    This formation will sort Perterborough out:

Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Sarr | Purrington
    Cullen | Bielik
    Fosu | Williams | Reeves
    Grant

Substitutes Bench: Maxwell | Dijksteel | Lapslie | Marshall | Hackett-Fairchild | Ocran

Only 6 subs?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options

Taylor pushes the keeper off him using his feet.

Keeper then get up and pushes Taylor using his hands.

Tyalor's red upheld. Keeper's is rescinded. What's the difference between the two action though?

Violent conduct my arse. At the very least they should have reduced the suspension to one for ungentlemanly conduct or something, that I could just about wear, but a three match suspension for that is utterly ridiculous.

You dont get red cards for simply pushing players!!... Half that lot in the melee should have been off for that alone if thats the case

Only cause for Maxtead to see red was if he'd pushed him in the face
  • Options
    At least someone won the crossbar challenge at 00:16
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    First thing, it was a goal. No way was the keeper blocked unfairly.

Secondly, the keeper doesn’t push Taylor to the ground, he falls on him. Right decision to rescind the red card.

Thirdly, Taylor does push against him but it’s not a kick out. Yellow card.

I wonder if the club shot themselves in the foot sending that footage though? It looked even less like a push/kick on the standard angle.
  • Options

Taylor pushes the keeper off him using his feet.

Keeper then get up and pushes Taylor using his hands.

Tyalor's red upheld. Keeper's is rescinded. What's the difference between the two action though?

Violent conduct my arse. At the very least they should have reduced the suspension to one for ungentlemanly conduct or something, that I could just about wear, but a three match suspension for that is utterly ridiculous.

You dont get red cards for simply pushing players!!... Half that lot in the melee should have been off for that alone if thats the case

Only cause for Maxtead to see red was if he'd pushed him in the face
    Both teams are lucky only one player each got red.
  • Options
    According to their owner Taylor studded the keeper. The push of the legs against him may have caused the reaction, but the keeper is certainly not limping or in any way injured at the end of that clip! I can see why he was sent off, and even why the card was not rescinded (although I think both decisions are harsh). The keeper doesn't deserve a red, but how can the 15 get away with the sly kick out at Taylor when he was on the ground?
  • Options
    Water under the bridge I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Bit of an overreaction from the Stanley players which ultimately has done neither team any favours. If they'd not gone steaming in after seeing Taylor's soft kick out, then Taylor probably would've got a yellow at most, Finley and Sykes would not be facing any potential retrospective bother and their first choice keeper would've still been in the pitch.

At least it ended in 3 points.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

JamesSeed said:

Don’t panic!
    This formation will sort Perterborough out:

Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Sarr | Purrington
    Cullen | Bielik
    Fosu | Williams | Reeves
    Grant

Substitutes Bench: Maxwell | Dijksteel | Lapslie | Marshall | Hackett-Fairchild | Ocran

Only 6 subs?
    The seventh sub will depend on injuries. Reeco, Clarke.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    addick05 said:

Oggy Red said:

Fosu to score a couple on saturday?

Afraid not, but a debut hatrick from Wilberforce Ocran.

You read it here first! :smile:

Throwing a youngster into a game where the opposition are no shrinking violets (I'm being kind here) could be a recipe for disaster. Think LB will 'pad out' the midfield but we have players who are quick so hopefully we can catch them on the break. Would love to put one over that obnoxious sweaty sock.

I never thought anyone would take my comment seriously.

It was just meant to be a bit of fun! :smile:
  • Options
    Is Igor even close to fitness?
  • Options
    drewman said:

Is Igor even close to fitness?

Just started running could be mid feb at best or end of next month assuming he doesn't break down when contact is allowed in training.
  • Options
    Taylor to be banned for at least 5 games, once he has 2 more yellows, Grant sold, have no new decent replacements, so we all know we can sit back and forget promotion and enjoy mediocre, I love RD :smiley:
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Taylor to be banned for at least 5 games, once he has 2 more yellows, Grant sold, have no new decent replacements, so we all know we can sit back and forget promotion and enjoy mediocre, I love RD :smiley:

I'm sure after the 37th league match the yellow card instant ban will be when a player receives 15 yellows, meaning he will need to avoid two more cards in the next five matches when he returns.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I must have missed this. Where's he gone to?
  • Options
    Someone needs to edit the thread title to be "What do we do without Taylor and Grant?"
  • Options
    A team of Naby Sarrs in front of goal?
  • Options
    Can we recall Ajose?
  • Options

Can we recall Ajose?

Hopefully not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure don’t think so I remember discussions on this without reading the rules personally. The discussions concluded that now loans are half or full season with no recall unless it’s a keeper and you are in an emergency running out of keepers situation.
  • Options
    Hackett-Fairchild to start up front on Saturday

• Options
    big rumour that grant is off to hudds for 2 mil, so we best get used to rhf
  • Options
    I didnt see him in the Trophy games yet from the highlights I saw of our MK Dons clash he looked unfortunate not to score

Not to mention his last cameo I thought he was better than he has been of late and set up a few counter-attacks
  • Options
    Might have just been an off day but didn't pull up any trees in the Donny cup game. It's his big chance to make his mark and I wish the lad well.
  • Options
    He did have Ajose as his partner against Donny.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    iaitch said:

He did have Ajose as his partner against Donny.

Neither did much but it was a two way street.

Edit; they were in the Statbank bottom two, Ajose 3.97, RHF 4.58
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Lee isn’t always straight in these comments. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Reeco starts on the bench. He likes to keep the opposition guessing, or feed misinformation.