Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options

The fact that even the club does not seem to receive a proper explanation for the decision shows that the FA disciplinary system, and indeed the whole approach to refereeing, remains totally unfit for purpose.

This.

The club should receive a proper explanation.

It's the FA Regulatory Commission, not some secret society.

• Options
    Had to attend a Herts FA hearing a couple of weeks ago to give evidence about something of nothing, these things are complete bollocks with tossers thinking they are judges and Perry Masons. Trying to introduce reason is a complete waste of time!
  • Options
    I don't get why people are so sure Lyle did anything too violent. The Stanley players were getting more and more wound up, Lyle was not helping with his attempts to bend the rules. When the two of them hit the deck they may have just reacted, then the situation boiled over.
  • Options

But it would need to be a decent striker - a decent striker who doesn't mind reverting to the bench when Taylor is back! We can still win the games and Taylor gets a rest which could help us later in the season:)

It needs to be a decent striker who believes he's good enough to dislodge Lyle (or Karlan) from the team and is willing to fight to do that.
  • Options

But it would need to be a decent striker - a decent striker who doesn't mind reverting to the bench when Taylor is back! We can still win the games and Taylor gets a rest which could help us later in the season:)

It needs to be a decent striker who believes he's good enough to dislodge Lyle (or Karlan) from the team and is willing to fight to do that.
    Yes agreed. So who might that be on our budget?
  • Options

So if you stamp on a bloke on the floor with ‘14’ on your back it is violent conduct.

But if you stamp on the same bloke on the floor with ‘15’ on your back then turn at the crowd and swear and then barge into a manager on the way off the pitch it isn’t?

Or is it just because The Sun ran the video of the 14?

If you run at a lino and make him back into the stand it is ok.

If you talk to the press after the game and openly slag off the ref it is ok.

If you get pushed to the floor and then gently raise your leg and don’t hit anyone it is a 3 game ban.

Yeah, ok the EFL. Thank gawd it’s this lot fighting for our staffs unpaid bonuses...

This.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I don't get why people are so sure Lyle did anything too violent. The Stanley players were getting more and more wound up, Lyle was not helping with his attempts to bend the rules. When the two of them hit the deck they may have just reacted, then the situation boiled over.

He almost certainly didn't. but a kick out tap won't get overturned. Had a red card not been given, he wouldn't have faced a retrospective penalty. The Accrington players steamed in as players do and when the ref decided he had to send the keeper off, he then clearly felt Taylor had to go too. I predicted this because I absolutely know that common sense is not part of these things.
  • Options
    Unbelievable.

Just wait for the reaction on here and the wider community when we see the footage that was sent from the club.

They’re a bunch of incompetent well, better to stop here.

Ridiculous.
  • Options

Had to attend a Herts FA hearing a couple of weeks ago to give evidence about something of nothing, these things are complete bollocks with tossers thinking they are judges and Perry Masons. Trying to introduce reason is a complete waste of time!

I remember having to appear at a couple of disciplinary hearings during my playing days .... invariably a kangaroo court presided over by an ageing committee that had already made up their minds before they'd even heard any evidence.

Complete waste of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about retrospective action against the pub team?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

I remember having to appear at a couple of disciplinary hearings during my playing days .... invariably a kangaroo court presided over by an ageing committee that had already made up their minds before they'd even heard any evidence.

Complete waste of time.
    I don't want to go into too much detail but I provided a written account and some ancient arsehole picked on a word I used and I explained his interpretation of the word was not how it was meant. He kept on about this word thinking he was clever, but there are two descriptions of the word in the dictionary, I clarified the one I meant. He probably didn't know there were two he was so thick! I hate these people. I know the game needs them to run, but so many of them are complete arseholes! Rant over!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yes agreed. So who might that be on our budget?
    I dunno, but I'm a football fan living in a foreign county and who watches one match a week on an internet feed, always involving one team. It's not my job to know every potentially available footballer in Europe - that's what our scouting and recruitment department are paid to do. I don't even know what our budget is - and neither do you other than to say it probably is zero in terms of transfer fees - or what clubs/players will be asking for financially. I knew nothing about Lyle Taylor when we signed him and probably I wouldn't have believed someone as good as him was kicking around in the lower leagues and available to us but he was so the players are out there.

It's defeatist to suggest we can't/won't find someone, and it'd be defeatist of a player to sign accepting they will only ever be second choice. I don't want any player at this club to be happy to sit on the bench, but they should all be professional in accepting it when they are asked to do so. It's an every day part of being a professional footballer
  • Options
    I am sure if the right player is out there and available to us, Bowyer will get him. My implication is, he might not be.
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned yet he gave a little kick out at the keeper on 1.38 in the sky coverage
  • Options

I am sure if the right player is out there and available to us, Bowyer will get him. My implication is, he might not be.

That's life then isn't it? He might be available, he might not be available neither of us know for sure either way so we'll just have to watch this space, pointless worrying about something uncontrollable like that.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes, well see what happens. My point is we can't just get any striker. I can be negative about the prospects of finding one, but I would hope Bowyer isn't.
  • Options
    The beauty is the fact there is actually no harm in playing Billy Clarke if the need were to arise

He's only played for Charlton this season, he'll only be able to go on a half-season or permanently join another club so its not as though he'll be tied in for the rest of the season

The other factor is if Bowyer does want to move him on, playing him might be a chance to showcase what he can do to potential suitors

Worst case scenario is he gets another injury and so cant be moved on
  • Options
    It's the hope that hurts to be fair.
  • Options
    Not a surprise ban upheld,they wont go against officials unless blatantly obvious,probably only spent about two minutes debating it as the Port and lemons can only be put off for so long.Put Fosu up front and wide,plenty of long balls over the defence and we will run them ragged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I suspect he has not returned to being the player he was before the injury yet.
  • Options
    As I previous posted, will not get turned over because we are not Liverpool or Man United (I know their keeper got off but still)

Least he’s got three days to get a loan in.
  • Options
    Disgusting decision. He's been carrying a few knocks so hopefully gives him a much needed rest but the EFL are a disgrace to football.
  • Options

Disgusting decision. He's been carrying a few knocks so hopefully gives him a much needed rest but the EFL are a disgrace to football.

That is the best way to look at it. He is the sort of player that plays through niggles, but they can catch up with you. So it could be an opportunity to get him as strong as possible for the challenges ahead, especially if the other players can do the business without him. We are not a one player team.
  • Options
    If nothing else it's a great chance for a loan signing to come in and make an impact, with no Lyle for 3 matches

Hopefully the 3 match ban makes it less likely he'll get to 10 bookings before the cutoff too...
  • Options
    Sadly the people that run the game in this country are a complete bunch of wankers.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I assumed Taylor had done a Beckham back flip because for 5 Accrington players to turn into feral beasts was strange.
    Because there was a scrum i could only see Sykes putting the boot in and unsure what Lyle did.

Has Lyle made any comment now the appeal has been thrown out because he knows.
  • Options

!!!!!!

You don't half post some shit sometimes.
    Comment taken back. Sorry. Lyle has admitted it. I admire his honesty.

Even if we had been succesful in getting overturned, we need another striker. One of G&T was bound to get injured or banned. Was a mistake letting Ajose go out? On paper yeah. But if Bow feels he is not a good fit for the squad, then maybe not. I reckon LLLB is playing mind games with our rivals. We need to let this galvanise us and turn the anger on the pitch to results.
    You are a top bloke, just need to take a breath before you post sometimes! :-)
  • Options

I assumed Taylor had done a Beckham back flip because for 5 of Accrington players to turn into feral beasts was strange.
    Because there was a scrum i could only see Sykes putting the boot in.

Has Lyle made any comment now the appeal has been thrown out because he knows.

• Options
    Wtf
    At least explain why????