Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    What we do have is enough midfielders to get into two teams. And they are decent ones too. So we just have to set up a bit differently, and use the players we have. At least Bowyer and JJ have had time to work something decent out. I know Fosu is not playing as well as he was last season, but he was completely unplayable in the first half against Gillingham. On his day, he is better than anything in this league so he would be my first name on the team sheet and the challenge would be how to get that Gillingham type performance out of him
  • Options
    Lino’s call as was the pen. Very weak referee.
  • Options

Cunt of a ref but it’s 1 player yes we’re light up the front but for some fans to give up is disrespectful to the rest of the team, let’s get behind the team on Saturday and get 3 points and more importantly shut that rotund jock fuck Evans up!!

I don’t think anyone’s giving up or saying they won’t get behind the team”, but Taylor is our best player by a mile and our best striker by ten miles. Losing him, for three games, harshly is obviously going to cause some consternation.
  • Options
    But if you line up our players against Posh's on Saturday, ours will be better overall, even without Taylor.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Cunt of a ref but it’s 1 player yes we’re light up the front but for some fans to give up is disrespectful to the rest of the team, let’s get behind the team on Saturday and get 3 points and more importantly shut that rotund jock fuck Evans up!!

I don’t think anyone’s giving up or saying they won’t get behind the team”, but Taylor is our best player by a mile and our best striker by ten miles. Losing him, for three games, harshly is obviously going to cause some consternation.
    A poster earlier joking about sending tickets back could be considered a bit like we’ve lost already a few on social media saying the same yeah it’s tough but taylor could do his acl next week and be out for the rest of the season so just have to make do with what we have.
  • Options
    Not sure that would be true if we played an 18 year old as second striker.
  • Options

se9addick said:

A poster earlier joking about sending tickets back could be considered a bit like we’ve lost already a few on social media saying the same yeah it’s tough but taylor could do his acl next week and be out for the rest of the season so just have to make do with what we have.
    “Joking” probably the important word there.
  • Options
    Fosu to score a couple on saturday?
  • Options

The potential for this to kick Fosu in to form is probably the only positive I can find from this situation!
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

I think they’ve done it to justify the Finley suspension.
    Either that or they simply don’t want to admit their officials are seriously substandard and managed to mess up 3 decisions.

Or they've solely rescinded the GK's ban because they too felt that it wasnt a penalty and are removing red card by way of an apology to Accrington
    Why would they be looking at the penalty incident, that was about ten minutes later and not related.

Because we'd have been the only team down to 10 men at the time and so may not have been in a position to even get the penalty yet instead may have been defending the draw
    If that's really the way you think the FA works and they actually do work like that, there's no hope for you or the FA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least it ain't friverlous.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

I think they’ve done it to justify the Finley suspension.
    Either that or they simply don’t want to admit their officials are seriously substandard and managed to mess up 3 decisions.

Or they've solely rescinded the GK's ban because they too felt that it wasnt a penalty and are removing red card by way of an apology to Accrington
    Why would they be looking at the penalty incident, that was about ten minutes later and not related.

Because we'd have been the only team down to 10 men at the time and so may not have been in a position to even get the penalty yet instead may have been defending the draw
    If that's really the way you think the FA works and they actually do work like that, there's no hope for you or the FA.
    I honestly dont trust any Footballing Bodies anymore

They're all as bad as each other running the Sport into the ground in the chase for more and more greed
  • Options

Afraid not, but a debut hatrick from Wilberforce Ocran.

You read it here first! :smile:

• Options

The potential for this to kick Fosu in to form is probably the only positive I can find from this situation!
    You two been drinking??

Fosu averages 584 minutes a goal this season....- which is twice as bad as Marshall !!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

maybe worth noting we scored and won a game on saturday after taylor had been sent off.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

maybe worth noting we scored and won a game on saturday after taylor had been sent off.
    Absobloodyexactly
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don’t panic!
    This formation will sort Perterborough out:

Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Sarr | Purrington
    Cullen | Bielik
    Fosu | Williams | Reeves
    Grant

Substitutes Bench: Maxwell | Dijksteel | Lapslie | Marshall | Hackett-Fairchild | Ocran

Cheers, Robbo.

Phillips

Solly Bauer Sarr Seaburrington

Bielik

Reeves Cullen

Williams

Grant Fosu

• Options
    Is Reeco fit? Could he play?
  • Options

Failed a fitness test on Saturday hence Ocran being on the bench

Bowyer didnt go into his injury much after the game as he wanted to wait on the scan results I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Sarr | Purrington
    Bielik
    Fosu | Cullen | Williams | Reeves
    Grant

As a 4-1-4-1 formation; Cullen can drop back alongside Bielik when we're on the back foot
    Fosu | Williams | Reeves can all take it in turns supporting Grant

Playing the diamond (or an altered version) against Peterborough might not be a wise idea what with Marcus Maddison being one of the best wingers in the League in my opinion and has always caused us problems i.e. he terrorised us up there in their 4-1 last season and was the bugger who put in the cross against us at the Valley that led to the penalty in August; by playing four in the middle at times it'll make us that little bit wider to deal with him

Also dont think its a problem having Grant as the sole Striker up front at times (provided he's not completely isolated); i.e. He does it whenever the opposition have a corner as he's usually our sole player left up field... He also showed against Shrewsbury how he managed to hold the ball up yet then keep the ball and turn the Defender, using his pace to test the Goalkeeper which led to our first goal - What we cant do though is just lump balls up to him as though he's Lyle Taylor, thats not his game and will just see the ball come straight back, need to be a bit more clever and quicker with our passing
  • Options
    As a whole, Reeves and Fosu in for Pratley and Taylor sounds fairly positive to me.
  • Options
    I think this is the first time in the last three years I can remember having real options in midfield, especially since Williams came along.
    Crofts, Foley and Ulvestadt days anyone?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think this is the first time in the last three years I can remember having real options in midfield, especially since Williams came along.
    Crofts, Foley and Ulvestadt days anyone?

And we’re still missing Aribo!
  • Options
    Clarke?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Failed a fitness test on Saturday hence Ocran being on the bench

Bowyer didnt go into his injury much after the game as he wanted to wait on the scan results I think
    He's also nowhere near ready to be starting in this kind of game
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Afraid not, but a debut hatrick from Wilberforce Ocran.

You read it here first! :smile:

Throwing a youngster into a game where the opposition are no shrinking violets (I'm being kind here) could be a recipe for disaster. Think LB will 'pad out' the midfield but we have players who are quick so hopefully we can catch them on the break. Would love to put one over that obnoxious sweaty sock.

• Options
    Put this in both threads

At about 5 seconds u see him use his foot but in no way was it a red
  • Options
    That is probably just about a soft booking