Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do you write/draw an X?

Comments

• Options

Didn’t realise there was any other way.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    8 but is there any reason behind this ?
  • Options

8 but is there any reason behind this ?

Thinking just the same.....7 anyway.
  • Options

No. 8

Did anyone else have to write an X either on paper on invisibly on the table before responding?

Yes me :joy:
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

8 for me. I'm a southpaw/cackhanded wandering if there's correlation? One thing I've noticed from a couple of left handers of my acquaintance is that they do ticks backwards. The big bit then the little bit. They should be hung as witches.

I’m cackhanded and an 8 too.
    Also, when I mark a student’s work, I draw my ticks backwards (I do the small bit first, then the long bit, but the small bit is on the right - the only reason is that it’s quicker for me to do it that way and that’s vital when marking 200 odd test papers over a weekend!)
  • Options

McBobbin said:

8 for me. I'm a southpaw/cackhanded wandering if there's correlation? One thing I've noticed from a couple of left handers of my acquaintance is that they do ticks backwards. The big bit then the little bit. They should be hung as witches.

Also, when I mark a student’s work, I draw my ticks backwards (I do the small bit first, then the long bit, but the small bit is on the right - the only reason is that it’s quicker for me to do it that way and that’s vital when marking 200 odd test papers over a weekend!)
    I go from left to right too when doing a tick

Didnt know there was a different way of doing it, it felt awkward trying to do an invisible tick from right to left on my desk a second ago - Certainly going to get questions when others come into the office shortly and see all these imaginary ticks and crosses thats for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 for me
  • Options
  • Options
    Only on Charlton life will I ever see a group of people discussing how they right the letter ‘x’ on a Monday morning.

I’m a 7 too.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

For upper case 7
    For lower case 9 (as Lord Romford suggested, it's a hangover from doing A-level Maths)

Snap.
  • Options
    6, lot of freaks on here...
  • Options
    3, is the magic number
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

3, is the magic number

Are you left handed?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

If writing an x while writing a sentence, I’ll do number 8, but if writing an x while using algebra, I’ll do a ‘curly’ x, sort of like two letter ‘c’s, back to back. (I’ve always been told that mathematicians do this to help distinguish between an ‘x’ and a multiplication sign, which seems feasible, but I don’t know for sure if it’s true...) :smile:

This. 8 for me. I blame A-level Physics and Econometrics at Uni.

(The psychiatrists will probably say that those that say 8 are more likely to commit mass murder or something!)
  • Options
    Unless there is some reason for asking the question I really don’t get it.
  • Options

3, is the magic number

Are you left handed?
    Yes, does that impact?
  • Options
    always a 7
  • Options

No. 8

Did anyone else have to write an X either on paper on invisibly on the table before responding?

I was drawing an invisible X in front of me. Which did look a bit weird!
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I go from left to right too when doing a tick

Didnt know there was a different way of doing it, it felt awkward trying to do an invisible tick from right to left on my desk a second ago - Certainly going to get questions when others come into the office shortly and see all these imaginary ticks and crosses thats for sure
    No, right to left. Like this: