Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do you write/draw an X?

Comments

• Options

3, is the magic number

Are you left handed?
    Yes, does that impact?
    Only in as much as it means you follow the same pattern as me (I'm right handed), but in reverse, which might be because you are a left hander?
  • Options

McBobbin said:

8 for me. I'm a southpaw/cackhanded wandering if there's correlation? One thing I've noticed from a couple of left handers of my acquaintance is that they do ticks backwards. The big bit then the little bit. They should be hung as witches.

I’m cackhanded and an 8 too.
    Also, when I mark a student’s work, I draw my ticks backwards (I do the small bit first, then the long bit, but the small bit is on the right - the only reason is that it’s quicker for me to do it that way and that’s vital when marking 200 odd test papers over a weekend!)
    I go from left to right too when doing a tick

Didnt know there was a different way of doing it, it felt awkward trying to do an invisible tick from right to left on my desk a second ago - Certainly going to get questions when others come into the office shortly and see all these imaginary ticks and crosses thats for sure
    No, right to left. Like this:
    I second @McBobbin... What the hell is that!!
  • Options

McBobbin said:

8 for me. I'm a southpaw/cackhanded wandering if there's correlation? One thing I've noticed from a couple of left handers of my acquaintance is that they do ticks backwards. The big bit then the little bit. They should be hung as witches.

I’m cackhanded and an 8 too.
    Also, when I mark a student’s work, I draw my ticks backwards (I do the small bit first, then the long bit, but the small bit is on the right - the only reason is that it’s quicker for me to do it that way and that’s vital when marking 200 odd test papers over a weekend!)
    I go from left to right too when doing a tick

Didnt know there was a different way of doing it, it felt awkward trying to do an invisible tick from right to left on my desk a second ago - Certainly going to get questions when others come into the office shortly and see all these imaginary ticks and crosses thats for sure
    No, right to left. Like this:
    I second @McBobbin... What the hell is that!!
    It’s a left handed tick. :sunglasses:
  • Options
  • Options
    8. This appears to be all over Twitter/Buzzfeed. Bit of a "Is the dress blue or gold?" type of thing. Got no idea what it all means though...
  • Options
  • Options
    Correctly (8 BTW.)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Left handed innit.
  • Options
    3 Master Race reporting in
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    For those asking what the reason is. It’s just a trending topic on twitter. No deep and meaningful plan to get inside any of your minds....I’m not a fucking lunatic. :wink:

Although I do think it’s interesting. Like others have said. I’ve never really thought of there being more than one way
  • Options
    Definitely a 7
  • Options
    I used to work with a bloke who wrote the number 8 as two circles on top of each other rather than the correct way which of is to write an S from top to bottom and then a straight diagonal line like this / to link it up.
    He was a twat.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    7, and my wife is Brian too
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Left handed innit.

Not in my case

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Seven.
  • Options
    The highly secretive 9 faction draw their Xs by drawing four little lines that meet in the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 and 5
    (and Bob's 9 of course)
  • Options

I’m a 7!!!

yeah 7 for me
  • Options
  • Options
    It’s 8. And after all I should know how to write my signature :wink:
  • Options
    7 for me
  • Options

No. 8

Did anyone else have to write an X either on paper on invisibly on the table before responding?

Me did...😂, I'm a 7
  • Options
    8 for me