Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do you write/draw an X?

Comments

• Options
    If you don't do 5 then there is something wrong with you.
  • Options

There's plenty wrong with me
  • Options

I’m not a fucking lunatic. :wink:

We know you're not.

How do we know you're not?

Because...

I’m a 7!!!

• Options
    aliwibble said:

For upper case 7
    For lower case 9 (as Lord Romford suggested, it's a hangover from doing A-level Maths)

Exactly the same as Ali, the 7 for normal writing and the algebra x (for want of a better name), for anything else.

Another thing .....old work friend of mine, phenomenal intelligence, graduated from Oxford .... can't write the ampersand & symbol.

Always made a mess of it ..... used to get me to write it for him.

• Options

I'm right handed but left footed , just noticed the 8's seem to be amongst the more intelligent posters on here
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

aliwibble said:

For upper case 7
    For lower case 9 (as Lord Romford suggested, it's a hangover from doing A-level Maths)

Exactly the same as Ali, the 7 for normal writing and the algebra x (for want of a better name), for anything else.

Another thing .....old work friend of mine, phenomenal intelligence, graduated from Oxford .... can't write the ampersand & symbol.

There are very few reasons to write an ampersand, or a plus sign. One of the things that infuriates me is someone typing "&" or "+" in a sentence, in the belief it takes less time (it doesn't) or makes the sentence easier to read (it doesn't) or clearer (it's not).
  • Options
    Saves you two characters on twitter though :-)
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Oggy Red said:

aliwibble said:

For upper case 7

There are very few reasons to write an ampersand, or a plus sign. One of the things that infuriates me is someone typing "&" or "+" in a sentence, in the belief it takes less time (it doesn't) or makes the sentence easier to read (it doesn't) or clearer (it's not).
    Personally I agree with you, Chizz. I never normally write an ampersand unless it forms part of a business name, for example, "Steptoe & Son".

It's also quite common to see it on French shop signs, advertising, etc ..... "Dupont & Fils".

I bet you really needed to know that! :smile:

• Options
    It's a five from me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Thought it was 7, tried it out, nope - it's 5.
  • Options
    7, because I'm not a monster
  • Options
    7 fo me.
  • Options
    Obviously 7 - anything else is mutated
  • Options

I'm right handed but left footed , just noticed the 8's seem to be amongst the more intelligent posters on here
    8 for me also!
  • Options
    7 ( lefty)
  • Options

8, I'm also right handed & left footed.
  • Options
    8 (right handed).
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm a 7

It's the only way a left hander should do it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a 6. Had to write it on a piece of paper without thinking to find out though.
  • Options

I lied......I'm a 7
  • Options

Best thread of the day.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Mainly I do it like this

Haha ..... you plum. :smile:
  • Options
    I always draw my x with stink lines and a speech bubble saying "Boo hoo, I wish I hadn't dumped Russ, he's such a hunk"
  • Options

Didn’t realise there was any other way.

There is no other way. Anyone saying otherwise is lying through their teeth. Sad fantasists trying to draw attention to themselves. Palace supporters who hide in the kitchen at parties.