Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injury Update; Morgan, Aribo, Vetokele, 25/1/19

Comments

• Because of the 5 year contract signed when we were in the Championship. Igor is our top earners on 7K a week (heard this from different folk) which sounds plausible

So we would have paid him £1.82m in wages over the period of his contract.

66 appearances and 12 goals.

• edited January 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Ah okay. So we think he's going to drop a fabric strip that hasn't been used since the 1960's on his toe injuring him for life.

We just used electrical tape or black and yellow police tape as our kit was yellow and black.

Afternoon officer and how did you acquire this police tape for social use? :smiley:
  • So Igor comes on as a sub and drops something of butterfly weight on his fecking toe and is out for another six months because he is made of glass----- ok chief
  • 20 new posts, I was expecting to read about a new injury!
  • 20 new posts, I was expecting to read about a new injury!

Been fun reading about tie ups though right...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ah okay. So we think he's going to drop a fabric strip that hasn't been used since the 1960's on his toe injuring him for life.

We just used electrical tape or black and yellow police tape as our kit was yellow and black.

Ffs it’s a joke, why be so bloody pedantic!
  • stonemuse said:

Dazzler21 said:

Ffs it’s a joke, why be so bloody pedantic!
    My response was a joke based upon the age of the saying and that I had NEVER heard it before.

Why so serious?
  • So Igor comes on as a sub and drops something of butterfly weight on his fecking toe and is out for another six months because he is made of glass----- ok chief

Glad we agree :wink:
  • edited January 2019
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Afternoon officer and how did you acquire this police tape for social use? :smiley:
    Fortunately our CB was a Police Officer as was our coach... Both arrogant knobs but the CB was a right nasty piece of work. He broke my nose at a party for stopping him fight the host... It was mentioned on here I think about 8-10 years ago!

The other worked in anti terrorism, so now and then we'd get cooler tapes like SO19, Explosive, Corrosive etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

Leeds United wore ground breaking ones in the early 70's

LOL. Brings back memories. I was running a boys team at that time. Bought them all numbered tie-ups. Worth a goal start as it demoralized other teams facing such a "professional" outfit.
  • Addickted said:

Because of the 5 year contract signed when we were in the Championship. Igor is our top earners on 7K a week (heard this from different folk) which sounds plausible

That's a Duchatelet bargain.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Addickted said:

Because of the 5 year contract signed when we were in the Championship. Igor is our top earners on 7K a week (heard this from different folk) which sounds plausible

Harsh. He missed two years of his short career because CAFC mismanaged his injury. Was one of the most feared strikers in the Championship at one time. Can't see why Bows doesn't give him short game time to help his fitness. Do our crocks not cross-train?
  • Oggy Red said:

I'm not going to try and be judge and jury over whether Igor can have any impact this year.

He's been desperately unlucky with the 2 injuries this season, and even when he was fit in between,
    he was kept out by our inform goalscoring duo.

He's an experienced player, capable and can finish.
    Once he's fit, he may well have an important part to play in the run in games.

That's why I love your posts Oggy, you really are an eternal optimist!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Addickted said:

Harsh. He missed two years of his short career because CAFC mismanaged his injury. Was one of the most feared strikers in the Championship at one time. Can't see why Bows doesn't give him short game time to help his fitness. Do our crocks not cross-train?
    It was a joke about the value of Duchatelet's signings.

I am a big Igor fan and think he probably can still do it at this level of he stays fit.
  • I don’t think Igor is the answer when looking for a replacement for Grant.
    We need someone with pace.
    How many penalties has Grant won this season?
  • seth plum said:

Pearce?

Meh, we've got Sarr, we're alright. ;)
  • edited January 2019

Vetokele starting for the U23s today.

And starting 1st team on Saturday ..... (!)

• Sponsored links:

• If we go back to calling him Ventokele we can pretend he's a new signing
  • Ready made excuse for only signing one more player.
  • I like Vetokele but he’s been very I forubate with injuries and a then poor injury management since he joined us.

I’ve not been certain his heart is really in it ever since his first serious injury in the championship.

He did look pretty good at sint Truiden in the Belgian top (pub) League before getting injured again.

I do hope he regains fitness and form and fires us into the championship but I am also not going to hold my breath as that would end badly.

Asphyxiation
  • Vetokele starting for the U23s today.

Surprised he's playing in a "proper" match so soon, but a positive sign that his shoulder must be strong enough for contact
  • If we go back to calling him Ventokele we can pretend he's a new signing

Don't you dare!
  • Vetokele starting for the U23s today.

The New Eltham branch of the St John's ambulance are on stand by.

I hope it's a home match !
  • Valley11 said:

I don’t think Igor is the answer when looking for a replacement for Grant.

The original Igor had just as much pace as Karlan. Karlan though also seemed to fill out a bit this year and became able to outmuscle as well as outrun defenders. That has never been true of Igor, so to that extent he and Taylor would have to work in a different way. But a fully fit and (in time) confident Igor would be well worth trying for.

• Valley11 said:

The original Igor had just as much pace as Karlan. Karlan though also seemed to fill out a bit this year and became able to outmuscle as well as outrun defenders. That has never been true of Igor, so to that extent he and Taylor would have to work in a different way. But a fully fit and (in time) confident Igor would be well worth trying for.

I'm not sure he's looked sharp since 2014 when we first signed him...
  • Extremely surprised he is playing today, I was expecting him to be involved next Monday. Even more so that Bows said they’re giving him a mini pre-season.

Possibly get an hour into him today and see how he reacts. I don’t think he’d be involved as soon as Saturday, that would surprise me.
  • Valley11 said:

Igor often played on his own upfront, and gave as good as he got with two big lumps.