Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury Update; Morgan, Aribo, Vetokele, 25/1/19

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Jake is at Bromley Addicks on Thursday so will ask him about his recovery then.
  • Options
    Sage said:

andyg90 said:

I’ve seen a few posts on insta in last few days that JFC is back training. I assume that just means he has back running, rather than training with first team?

Saw that post today of him on the grass, seems very quick he is doing that already, still think there is 0% chance he will play this season
    Jake’s recovery has been fantastic, well ahead of schedule as really no one would’ve expected him to be running outside without pain at this stage of his recovery. The injury back in August was bad.

With the quality we have in midfield, I think it could be foolish to play him at the end of the season if he were to be classed as ready. Likelihood is, he won’t be ready but we got to give him a chance to get going in pre-season.

If he carries on as he has, puts in the hard graft as he has, he could be available before the end of the season, we do still have around 3 months, but I really don’t think it’s worth the risk if he is not 100% ready. This is a crucial time coming now as it’s where he will be working on more specific strength and conditioning and making sure his knee can deal with agility runs.

There is a huge difference between being able to run outside in a straight line to running in different directions and doing something like an Illinois agility test.
    When I saw that picture my first thought was it puts him on track to be back for pre-season. Anything before then, as you say with far more experience than myself, probably isn't worth the risk.

Happy for him though. Even though Cullen and Bielik are players of real quality, we have missed him. He is a special player at this level.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    If Igor is still possibly a week away then I would prefer to wait. With the lack of strikers we have at the club, Igor is too important for our promotion chances to be thrust back into action before he’s completely ready. Taylor will still miss at least three games before the season ends. We need Igor fit and confident to even have a chance.
  • Options

If Igor is still possibly a week away then I would prefer to wait. With the lack of strikers we have at the club, Igor is too important for our promotion chances to be thrust back into action before he’s completely ready. Taylor will still miss at least three games before the season ends. We need Igor fit and confident to even have a chance.

If I understand the rules correctly, Taylor would need to be a complete fool, to get a 3rd suspension this season.

You would have to get 10 yellows by 37 games, for a further 2 match suspension.

(I'm presuming the 2 yellows v Fleetwood are discounted as it can't be right to double count them, as they turned "red").

We've played 31, so 32 after Saturday.

Therefore, Taylor would need to collect 2 yellows in 5 games for a further ban. (If I'm right).
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    .........Cullen
    Lapslie.......Pratley
    ...........Williams
    ......Parker Vetokele/RFH

is my guess
  • Options

If I understand the rules correctly, Taylor would need to be a complete fool, to get a 3rd suspension this season.

You would have to get 10 yellows by 37 games, for a further 2 match suspension.

(I'm presuming the 2 yellows v Fleetwood are discounted as it can't be right to double count them, as they turned "red").

We've played 31, so 32 after Saturday.

Therefore, Taylor would need to collect 2 yellows in 5 games for a further ban. (If I'm right).
    In a way the best way for Taylor to get another ban is the Wycombe / Bradford game especially if we cant get the first of those called off for having enough Internationals

Means Lyle can go away and represent Montserrat without having a conflicting interest i.e. If they beat the Cayman Islands in their last CONCACAF Nations League game with other results going their way then they'll qualify for the Gold Cup in the summer... Is basically their version of the Euros and is a brilliant opportunity for the small island who usually dont get anywhere near the Major Tournaments
  • Options

He's done that already this season! :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

He's done that already this season! :smile:
    And one of those is against AFC Wimbledon - they will know perfectly how to wind him up.
  • Options

Wally Downes will demand it of his players to wind up Lyle Taylor, if Covered end has done the maths correctly (I believe him) then 2 yellows in 5 would be likely going on Lyle's track record this season. The curse of Duchatelet always knows when to kick in, and I'm not talking about the thugs from Accrington Stanley.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

andyg90 said:

I’ve seen a few posts on insta in last few days that JFC is back training. I assume that just means he has back running, rather than training with first team?

Saw that post today of him on the grass, seems very quick he is doing that already, still think there is 0% chance he will play this season
    Jake’s recovery has been fantastic, well ahead of schedule as really no one would’ve expected him to be running outside without pain at this stage of his recovery. The injury back in August was bad.

With the quality we have in midfield, I think it could be foolish to play him at the end of the season if he were to be classed as ready. Likelihood is, he won’t be ready but we got to give him a chance to get going in pre-season.

If he carries on as he has, puts in the hard graft as he has, he could be available before the end of the season, we do still have around 3 months, but I really don’t think it’s worth the risk if he is not 100% ready. This is a crucial time coming now as it’s where he will be working on more specific strength and conditioning and making sure his knee can deal with agility runs.

There is a huge difference between being able to run outside in a straight line to running in different directions and doing something like an Illinois agility test.
    When I saw that picture my first thought was it puts him on track to be back for pre-season. Anything before then, as you say with far more experience than myself, probably isn't worth the risk.

Happy for him though. Even though Cullen and Bielik are players of real quality, we have missed him. He is a special player at this level.
    Problem is, that he's out of contract in the summer and we've low balled him with a contract offer. I know personally that he pulled out of investment opportunities recently due to the high risk of being out of contract and out of playing football for a year.

He'll want to be back in the team as soon as he's able and safe to do so. Don't be surprised if we see him before the season ends.
  • Options
    Joe Aribo is fit for Charlton’s home game against Blackpool this weekend – with captain Jason Pearce set to play in an U23 match tomorrow.

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer said: “We’re getting stronger all the time.

“Joe has trained this week and we’re hoping he’ll be okay to be in the squad.

“Pearcey is playing an U23 game tomorrow, so he should be good for selection from next weekend as well, if he comes through that okay.

“It is a good time for everybody to start coming back now, especially for the big push.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-get-double-injury-boost-ahead-of-blackpool-match/
  • Options
    clive said:
    Joe Aribo is fit for Charlton’s home game against Blackpool this weekend – with captain Jason Pearce set to play in an U23 match tomorrow.

“Pearcey is playing an U23 game tomorrow, so he should be good for selection from next weekend as well, if he comes through that okay.

“It is a good time for everybody to start coming back now, especially for the big push.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-get-double-injury-boost-ahead-of-blackpool-match/
    When does Karlan get back?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

When does Karlan get back?
    Season 2020-21 :-)

• Options
    edited February 2019
    clive said:

We are getting stronger all the time Lee. Problem is we are also getting weaker all the time with the constant injuries and non-replacement of sold key players.