Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury Update; Morgan, Aribo, Vetokele, 25/1/19

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

I'd like to see him, Parker and Fosu start on Saturday.

Ditto, assuming Igor is ready (which he may not be).

.........Cullen
    Reeves.......Jonniesta
    ...........Fosu
    ......Parker Vetokele

It's a good front 6 on paper.
    that feels like it has goals in it whereas Saturday didn't
  • Options
    Think, particularly in the absence of Aribo, Fosu has to play. He's blown cold to warm for most of this season, but he adds pace and go past people with the ball and 'break the lines'. We badly, badly missed both those attributes on Saturday and it left us just passing the ball from side to side 40 yards from goal just like we so often used to under Robinson. He's had a so-so season so I'm not going to guarantee it all get s better if he plays, but I would say some of the best performances we've had this season have had him, Grant, Aribo, Reeves, and Taylor sharing little flicks, step-overs and back heels in tight spaces on the edge of the oppostion's penalty area and got us a lot of joy.

Don't think Vetokele is ready to start yet so Reeco should get another chance -in his last two games he;s played well as a sub in a front two and poorly starting as a lone striker. I'd give him another but in a front two this time with Fosu just behind so he has support to take defenders away from him and give him a bot more time and space. Even on Saturday, when he did get the ball under control there were a few moments where he used it quite intelligently.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

If God had wanted us to play football on paper, he would have wallpapered the sky with grass ... No, hang on a minute ... that's not quite right ...
  • Options

Think, particularly in the absence of Aribo, Fosu has to play. He's blown cold to warm for most of this season, but he adds pace and go past people with the ball and 'break the lines'. We badly, badly missed both those attributes on Saturday and it left us just passing the ball from side to side 40 yards from goal just like we so often used to under Robinson. He's had a so-so season so I'm not going to guarantee it all get s better if he plays, but I would say some of the best performances we've had this season have had him, Grant, Aribo, Reeves, and Taylor sharing little flicks, step-overs and back heels in tight spaces on the edge of the oppostion's penalty area and got us a lot of joy.

Don't think Vetokele is ready to start yet so Reeco should get another chance -in his last two games he;s played well as a sub in a front two and poorly starting as a lone striker. I'd give him another but in a front two this time with Fosu just behind so he has support to take defenders away from him and give him a bot more time and space. Even on Saturday, when he did get the ball under control there were a few moments where he used it quite intelligently.

Veto is ready. Scored 1 and made 2 today for the under 23’s. Highlights are on the QPR site but you have to sign in. Have a look at out number 10 today as well.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Anybody know the latest on Lewis Page, JFC and Jason Pearce?

JFC, my guess is pre-season at the earliest. Certainly not this season.

There was a video on Instagram the other day of Pearce running on the anti-gravity treadmill. Sage will have a better idea of what that means in terms of timeline, but I'd guess another 3-4 weeks, but that's a pretty uninformed guess.

Don't know about Page. Haven't heard anything recently.
    Not a bad uninformed guess mate.

It very much depends on how much weight he was actually running with on the AlterG machine. Once he’s gone through this phase he will be be continuing to work on the strength of his ankle and then will be running outside, hopefully not too far away.

I’d probably put my money on closer to the 4 week mark, only because where he isn’t as mobile as say, Bielik, as well as how long he was in a boot for, it might take him a little longer, so could be back in time for the Portsmouth game. It very much depends on Pearce himself and I hate to say it, but our situation. If we pick up an injury in defence, you could maybe see him back sooner, only because he puts his body on the line for the team.

However, don’t be surprised at the same time if he is back by the end of the month.

Essentially, I haven’t heard or been told anything about Pearce’s recovery exactly but I know that Page is probably a little closer to a return than some may think. That doesn’t mean he is too close though.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    SDAddick said:

.........Cullen
    Reeves.......Jonniesta
    ...........Fosu
    ......Parker Vetokele

Think we could well see that on Saturday. I really like that midfield, but maybe at the same time expect one of Reeves or Fosu not to start and it’ll be Lapslie or Pratley.

We will see how this week’s training goes.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Also, as proven in the Vetokele interview, he was told 12-13 weeks which is what I said a long time ago. Hence the prediction of the middle of this month. He is in theory 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Let’s hope we get him fit quickly and he takes over from where Grant left.
  • Options
    I like the look of that team on paper. Problem is with arguably 3 of our main 4 defenders either injured or suspended I don't think Bowyer will want to throw caution to the wind and be as attacking as that.

I expect he will want two sitting in front of the CBs so don't be surprised to see Pratley and Cullen both start
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Anybody know the latest on Lewis Page, JFC and Jason Pearce?

JFC, my guess is pre-season at the earliest. Certainly not this season.

There was a video on Instagram the other day of Pearce running on the anti-gravity treadmill. Sage will have a better idea of what that means in terms of timeline, but I'd guess another 3-4 weeks, but that's a pretty uninformed guess.

Don't know about Page. Haven't heard anything recently.
    Not a bad uninformed guess mate.

It very much depends on how much weight he was actually running with on the AlterG machine. Once he’s gone through this phase he will be be continuing to work on the strength of his ankle and then will be running outside, hopefully not too far away.

I’d probably put my money on closer to the 4 week mark, only because where he isn’t as mobile as say, Bielik, as well as how long he was in a boot for, it might take him a little longer, so could be back in time for the Portsmouth game. It very much depends on Pearce himself and I hate to say it, but our situation. If we pick up an injury in defence, you could maybe see him back sooner, only because he puts his body on the line for the team.

However, don’t be surprised at the same time if he is back by the end of the month.

Essentially, I haven’t heard or been told anything about Pearce’s recovery exactly but I know that Page is probably a little closer to a return than some may think. That doesn’t mean he is too close though.
    With Cullen back, and both Pratley and Dijksteel being able to fill in for a game at CB, at the moment there's no need to rush Pearce back. Things can change though...
  • Options
    I really think if Igor gets fit he can do a really good job for us alongside Taylor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Igors misses is due so if she is a few days late he may not be availble for Saturday
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Veto is ready. Scored 1 and made 2 today for the under 23’s. Highlights are on the QPR site but you have to sign in. Have a look at out number 10 today as well.
    Who is that then?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

.........Cullen
    Reeves.......Jonniesta
    ...........Fosu
    ......Parker Vetokele

Smallest team ever
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Who is that then?
    Guessing Wassim Aouachria, Algerian new signing from Marsaille, 18, played two scored three, at least one assist. Big bloke, not slow. Possible alternative to RHF., already working well with Igor.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Who is that then?
    Guessing Wassim Aouachria, Algerian new signing from Marsaille, 18, played two scored three, at least one assist. Big bloke, not slow. Possible alternative to RHF., already working well with Igor.
    In the U23s. I wouldn’t get too excited just yet. Big gap between that and the first team, as shown by Reeco.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

SDAddick said:

.........Cullen
    Reeves.......Jonniesta
    ...........Fosu
    ......Parker Vetokele

Smallest team ever
    Preparation for next season
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Who is that then?
    In the U23s. I wouldn’t get too excited just yet. Big gap between that and the first team, as shown by Reeco.
    When Nathan Jones was Coach to the U21's as it was then, we scored 6 against Huddersfield at Sparrows Lane. Joe Pigott scored 4 yet could never quite make the step up at cafc. (Has done ok since)

Lee Bowyer, JJ and Jason Euell had long careers in the game. If Wassim Aouachria is good enough for the 1st team squad then he will be given his chance.
  • Options
    Wassim was the player I was talking about. He maybe worth a place on the bench, after all, we are not blessed with options.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Who is that then?
    Wassim Aouachria
    Is he the player with the record number of vowels in his name?

And how do you pronounce it? ..... ok, just Wassim, then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

Who is that then?
    You haven't seen this guy face to face, Exiled, he doesn't hold himself like a raw kid. He came through the ranks of one of the biggest clubs in France after all.
  • Options

Igors misses is due so if she is a few days late he may not be availble for Saturday

He's posted a bit on his Instagram today of what looks like the labour ward in a hospital
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

He's posted a bit on his Instagram today of what looks like the labour ward in a hospital
    Yeah saw that, doesnt look like she has gone into labour tho as they were going for a walk around the hospital(a tactic used to induce labour)
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Yeah saw that, doesnt look like she has gone into labour tho as they were going for a walk around the hospital(a tactic used to induce labour)
    Perhaps Bowyer has had a word in Igor's shell ..... you know, get it sorted before Saturday or you don't get your win bonus. :smile:

• Options
    Igors baby has been born
  • Options

Igors baby has been born

Best wishes to all.
  • Options
    I’ve seen a few posts on insta in last few days that JFC is back training. I assume that just means he has back running, rather than training with first team?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

I’ve seen a few posts on insta in last few days that JFC is back training. I assume that just means he has back running, rather than training with first team?

Saw that post today of him on the grass, seems very quick he is doing that already, still think there is 0% chance he will play this season
  • Options
    Watch him bag a hat trick to celebrate the birth.