Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    HALF-TIME | Peterborough United 0 Charlton 0

After a slow start, the Addicks grew into the half, but it remains goalless at the break. #cafc

• Options
    Drizzly with cloudy patches
  • Options
    Scrappy game, we look really light up front without Taylor.
  • Options
    I didn't get very far when I asked this last time but would be grateful if one of you guys who is watching this live would give me a clue was to what sort of formation are we playing.

Stands back and awaits witty replies!!
  • Options

What's the verdict then on the first half , from those watching ?

Our midfield is doing well supporting each other and bursting into the box. The exception is Pratley, whom the entire game has completely bypassed. Obviously he'll score now but...once again I can't see the point in him being there. Fosu or Marshall please
  • Options
    When Williams is in the game we’re on top. Sarr looks great and Purrington has been very solid.

Definitely a goal here for us
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The stats say very even.
  • Options
    After a slow start we evened up the half. Draw would not be a bad result with Taylor and Aribo out. Of course we hope for more.
  • Options

Watching England play cricket on the t.v. and following the match thread on here.
    Heaven

I am doing the same! But keep seeing my husband in the England cricket crowd on tv......sure the match thread will be more exciting. COYRs.
    What time shall I come round?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Phew! I could sense Peterborough taking the initiative. Hope we can dominate the second half and bring home the 3 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty average half from us, struggling in final third without taylor as expected. Would bring on fosu for pratley and go 4-2-3-1
  • Options
    Not a bad half of Football... all square is probably fair reflection on the match

Peterborough started brightly but for all their possession didnt create anything threatening whilst Charlton have slowly grown into the game and wouldnt have been harsh had we taken the lead - Grant is doing well leading the line on his own but isnt a natural lone targetman (take note any clubs wanting him), the top three certainly need to get closer to him to ensure he doesnt get isolated, all three (Williams | Reeves | Pratley) are doing really well to close down.

Sarr-gio Ramos and Bielik though are by far our best players so far; snuffing out anything that gets close to our area whilst Purrington is having a much better game compared to last week
  • Options
    Totally unforgettable half . Highlight of the day so far is meeting @jimmyseed .
    We’re missing Taylor big time.
  • Options

I didn't get very far when I asked this last time but would be grateful if one of you guys who is watching this live would give me a clue was to what sort of formation are we playing.

Stands back and awaits witty replies!!

Last I heard it was the same formation Wellington used at Waterloo.
  • Options
    The good news from the West Indies is England now only need another 500 runs to win.
  • Options

Pretty average half from us, struggling in final third without taylor as expected. Would bring on fosu for pratley and go 4-2-3-1

We're playing that...

Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Sarr | Purrington
    Cullen | Bielik
    Reeves | Pratley | Williams
    Grant
  • Options
    Just watched the penalty appeal back in slow motion... Was bloody daylight between Williams' leg and their player

Great call from the Referee
  • Options
    Purrington is playing well today.
  • Options
    Thought it was reported as 4-3-2-1.

That’s like a 4-3-3 but because Williams and Reeves aren’t natural wide men, they’ve been tucked in behind the striker instead.
  • Options
    Couldn't think of anything clever so will have a go at what I think it's supposed to be: 4-2-3-1 (I think?) with Cullen and Beilik in the 2 at the base.

Means we don't seem to know where to play the ball in the last third, lots of mis=timed runs and misplaced passes and, as said, really missing Taylor's hold up play and aggression.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We're playing that...

Phillips
    Cullen | Bielik
    Grant
    Slightly defensive formation though, Fosu for either Pratley or Reeves please
  • Options

Purrington is playing well today.

One goal saving clearance, had looked very solid
  • Options

We're playing that...

Phillips
    Cullen | Bielik
    Grant
    Slightly defensive formation though, Fosu for either Pratley or Reeves please
    Neither Reeves or Pratley have done that badly though

Would also consider Lapslie before Fosu at the present Im afraid
  • Options
    Agree with above. Defence looks solid, if we can get closer to Karlan we can take control. They are scared of Williams, they keep fouling him. Reeves looks good too.

But given the unfamiliar formation, I'll still take a point from this.
  • Options

We're playing that...

Phillips
    Cullen | Bielik
    Grant
    Good man. I knew I could rely on you to give me a sensible answer!!!!!
  • Options

Just watched the penalty appeal back in slow motion... Was bloody daylight between Williams' leg and their player

Fair enough. Silly of him, he had done the hard work.

• Options
    Watching from sunny San Francisco. Early but should be shirtsleeves today.

COYR!!
  • Options

Fair enough. Silly of him, he had done the hard work.

Yeah its actually frustrating as surely had to just hammer it across the goal and hope it either ended with a Charlton player connecting or a deflection off a Peterborough player
  • Options
    The Addicks are back out for the second half. 45 minutes to go....COYA!! #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!