Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully he'll be a bit like Danny Haynes. Strong, quick, surprisingly good with his head, ususally shoved out wide because of his pace but can flourish at centre forward. Granted Haynes was pretty ineffectual in L1 the half season we were there with him but after that he was on fire in the brief periods where he wasn't hogging the physio table. If you offered me 'Danny Haynes but his hamstrings work' I'd take it, so fingers crossed
  • Options
    Can I just say that I am underwhelmed.
  • Options
    Sometimes players look better in a better team, I am guessing Parker was the insurance for Eisa deal not going through. Lets see how he gets on. Might be good that expectations are not high.
  • Options
    Seems more of a back up for Lyle than a straight replacement for Karlan. I wonder whether bow's may be tempted to revert back to a 4 5 1 we've certainly got a lot midfield.
  • Options
    I dont know much about Luton but I doubt very much if they have the training facilities and academy set up that we have,their stadium is half the size of ours and therefore I am sure our running costs are much more than theirs.With regards blaming boycotters for lack of signings,of course crowd levels affect losses at the club,but my point is if you were in Rolands place would you sanction outlay on players if you were hated and ridiculed even on your own doorstep,he openly wants rid of the club,and if anyone thinks he is going to spend more than necessarry to keep it going they are in cuckoo land.
  • Options
    I doubt they are paying a crock £7.5k a week either
  • Options
    guess its already been mentioned but I presume the only reason even this deal went through is because Ricky Holmes made it possible. they bought in a winger so we were able to buy their winger. another reason for people to respect Holmes.
  • Options

anyone who thought/said we would get any of the transfer budget go and stand in the corner NOW !

Until The Rat goes we trade in the Poundland rejects bucket .The fact that we were 4th until this window reflects just how well Bowyer and his support staff are doing ------ longer term is very bleak .

I guess any money received for KG went towards the debt CAFC owe to Strapix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

Don’t really know anything about him but logic tells me that Bowyer/ Gallen rate him / have chose him over Ricky Holmes.

Would those unhappy have been happier if we had announced Holmes?

. If they rated him so highly why a 6 month contract? I
    Because in footballing terms it’s a short term fill. At a wider level we have a business that loses £500-600k a month, that the owner is looking to sell, and one way of making it more attractive is to reduce overheads / medium term commitments as much as possible. As a journeyman, Parker is unlikely to increase in valuation so there is little strategic gain in committing him for longer, imo
    Is it also because we have reached the maximum number of loanees allowed?
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Don’t really know anything about him but logic tells me that Bowyer/ Gallen rate him / have chose him over Ricky Holmes.

Because in footballing terms it’s a short term fill. At a wider level we have a business that loses £500-600k a month, that the owner is looking to sell, and one way of making it more attractive is to reduce overheads / medium term commitments as much as possible. As a journeyman, Parker is unlikely to increase in valuation so there is little strategic gain in committing him for longer, imo
    Nope, we've still got one more spot; Eisa would have made it the maximum number that are allowed in a matchday squad
  • Options

a player that cannot get into a team in a relegation scrap - fuck me

Do people do no research? He's missed the last 2 games but played the previous 11 straight!
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I dont know much about Luton but I doubt very much if they have the training facilities and academy set up that we have,their stadium is half the size of ours and therefore I am sure our running costs are much more than theirs.With regards blaming boycotters for lack of signings,of course crowd levels affect losses at the club,but my point is if you were in Rolands place would you sanction outlay on players if you were hated and ridiculed even on your own doorstep,he openly wants rid of the club,and if anyone thinks he is going to spend more than necessarry to keep it going they are in cuckoo land.

Let’s be clear - it’s not net spending he would have been sanctioning. It’s reinvesting some of the money he didn’t have before this month in pursuit of a stronger financial position at the end of the season. Any business can sell its plant but it can’t be surprised if its ability to trade successfully declines as a consequence.

Of course Luton’s costs are much lower but my point is that you massively overstate the impact of rising crowds on their overall financial position and at Charlton such an effect would be negligible in terms of policy.
  • Options

a player that cannot get into a team in a relegation scrap - fuck me

Do people do no research? He's missed the last 2 games but played the previous 11 straight!
  • Options

I am sure Parker was not our first choice,but he is a decent player.Grants goalscoring ratio was diabolical before he teamed up with Taylor,and I am sure Parker will score enough to sway the doubters.With regards the incoming transfer money,this is how clubs survive.Sunderland,Portsmouth supporters have stuck by their clubs through turbulant times,even Crowds at Luton now approach 10000.These clubs could afford to get more people in.It is no good boycotting the club and then moan about selling players to cover the deficit.When we got relegated after our first season in the premier league I think we only sold Danny Mills,our crowds were only 2-3000 down on the premier league attendancies ,the club was able to pay its way.I am not in any way supporting RD but football clubs are a business,and owners dont like losing money(especially if they are hated as much as RD is)

Nonsense.

Grant was scoring before Taylor. He's scored more than Parker

And you then revert to blaming other fans. Let it go, you're wrong, the fans aren't the problem, Roland is.
    Oh behave... Taylor after all was the reason Karlan scored all those goals @ Crawley!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Right, guys. Goals compilations aren't cutting it any more. I'm going in.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/couples-come-dine-with-me/on-demand/61821-039

Just out of interest Leuth , what did he cook?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he's any good for us, any chance we can get a preseason game in Antigua?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Feel sorry for him yet find its a joke that FIFA always seem to continue to go after the easy cases yet dont come down hard on clubs like Red Star especially as Parker cant be the sole recipient of that treatment

Like him more now after reading that and really hope he succeeds with us
  • Options
    Did I just read that he is currently injured?
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Yep. He's proper Charlton already.
  • Options
    What a story! And a vegan footballer, too
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Nope, we've still got one more spot; Eisa would have made it the maximum number that are allowed in a matchday squad
    OK, thanks does that mean we can still get another loan in or has that window closed as well?
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Yep. He's proper Charlton already.
    He and Igor leading the line in a crocks 11 on Saturday.
  • Options
    Looks decent on the goal reel. Quick, powerful, good in the air and a strong shot on him. Ive got a good feeling about this fella, despite never having heard of him before! Could have done with another forward, but i think we all knew the best we could have hoped for was one. If Bowyer gets us anywhere near the autos, after all thats happened, he should be manager of the season. COYA