Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    To Mametz,while the purpose of these posts is to form opinions and enjoy the responses and opinions of other users,to raise the subject of conflict which killed 20000000 plus and mention that in the same breath as a badly run football club is somewhat puzzling.
  • Options
    The most amazing part of that story has to be having a son called Cairo 😊
  • Options
    What a story, had me at Vegan. My new favourite Charlton player and he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

On that note I have actually got the Gillingham game recorded, I'm going to get all his footage together and make a Rockyesque montage. I'll throw anything in there, passes, first touch, calling the lino a prick. Hopefully shouldn't take too long
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out why anti-depressants aren't allowed on a Vegan diet.
  • Options

If he turns out to be rubbish we can stick him in a Travel Lodge on the A2 and turns the lights out.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    To come through all that says a lot about what sort of person he is, remarkable.
    Good luck and welcome.
  • Options

I've just read the 2 newspaper reports about him and I have to say he's had a remarkable career/life.
    It certainly makes you want him to succeed even more, so I wish him all the best and hope he's a roaring success.

Is this online at all?
  • Options
    It is good that he has something to prove and people to impress, like Williams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Josh & good luck.
  • Options
    No idea why but I have a hunch that Josh is going to be a roaring success.
  • Options
    lost me at Vegan whatever that is ?
  • Options
    Looks like I won't be making this video, on my third attempt to cut down all the clips it's crashed my pc for the third time, not quite sure why it keeps doing it but I'll have to give my pc a clean and try again.

Watching back it's what I remember anyway, got in the refs ear a lot, was good at bringing the ball down, simple passer. We could also do a lot worse than getting their goalie Holy on a free in the summer, he had a good game against us despite them conceding 2. Commanding goalie and at one point ran past two of our defenders to get it down the pitch
  • Options

Looks like I won't be making this video, on my third attempt to cut down all the clips it's crashed my pc for the third time, not quite sure why it keeps doing it but I'll have to give my pc a clean and try again.

Watching back it's what I remember anyway, got in the refs ear a lot, was good at bringing the ball down, simple passer. We could also do a lot worse than getting their goalie Holy on a free in the summer, he had a good game against us despite them conceding 2. Commanding goalie and at one point ran past two of our defenders to get it down the pitch

The thought of you giving your pc a clean contours up an unsavoury image for some reason.

• Options
    ross1 said:

When asked, at this morning's press conference, if Parker would make his debut tomorrow, Bowyer said: “It’s a possibility. We’ve got training this morning and we’ll look at where he is.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c5429a437cc5/bowyer-on-vetokeles-return-to-fitness-parkers-debut-and-hackett-fairchilds-opportunity

If it helps, if he’s up front and attacking the opposition goal that might be a good indicator ...
  • Options

Without wishing to sound all Sheff W Massive, this is probably the best opportunity Josh has had in his career, at an age to realise that other such opportunities might not come again.

Very interested to see how he gets on.

Good luck Josh

In that respect we must hope he's more Lyle Taylor and less Paul Benson.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Right, guys. Goals compilations aren't cutting it any more. I'm going in.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/couples-come-dine-with-me/on-demand/61821-039

Just out of interest Leuth , what did he cook?
    He helped his girlfriend cook an admittedly tasty-looking Cambodian/Antiguan fusion medley. They ended up winning! I'll score him 6.5 - dependable and quite self-effacing, came across as quite nice and sweet with his girlfriend (who scored an easy 8, seeing as this is now Player Marks), but -1 for saying how he didn't fancy her at first "because she was bigger back then - much bigger". JOSH! You simply cannot
  • Options
    edited February 2019

To Mametz,while the purpose of these posts is to form opinions and enjoy the responses and opinions of other users,to raise the subject of conflict which killed 20000000 plus and mention that in the same breath as a badly run football club is somewhat puzzling.

I am sorry if you can’t understand my comments. I will explain them to you. Last week you said that the ownership of the club and team had no relevance to it’s performance. Today you have changed your mind and have agreed that Roland’s ownership is ruinous but the fault lies not with him but with the supporters who protest at this ruination despite the fact that Roland’s dismantling of the club and team preceeded any protests.

Your own words reveal you as an apologist for Roland: I was just wondering how far these apologist tendencies would go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Mametz said:

I am sorry if you can’t understand my comments. I will explain them to you. Last week you said that the ownership of the club and team had no relevance to it’s performance. Today you have changed your mind and have agreed that Roland’s ownership is ruinous but the fault lies not with him but with the supporters who protest at this ruination despite the fact that Roland’s dismantling of the club and team preceeded any protests.

Your own words reveal you as an apologist for Roland: I was just wondering how far these apologist tendencies would go!
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Your own words reveal you as an agologist for Roland: I was just wondering how far these apologist tendencies would go!
    An agologist! Is that still in the English dictionary? Fuck me it is!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I've just read the 2 newspaper reports about him and I have to say he's had a remarkable career/life.
    It certainly makes you want him to succeed even more, so I wish him all the best and hope he's a roaring success.

Is this online at all?
    https://www.metro.news/josh-parker-making-up-for-lost-time-at-gillingham-after-his-red-star-nightmare/1330575/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8123065/gillingham-josh-parker-football-serbia-cardiff-fa-cup/
  • Options
    Will he dye his beard blond to match Taylor's hair ...
  • Options

Gone back to Gills already...

In one door, out the other. That must be the shortest CAFC career ever.
  • Options
    I suspect it is more complicated than that. I think he feels that the costs of running the club are putting off buyers who he wants to pay £30 million for it. I mean, history will show you that clubs in similar situations have been commonly passed over for as little as £1. League One is not a sustainable place for Charlton and he would be better off trying to maximise the opportunity he has to change that. But as we know, despite being very rich, he hasn't got a clue about football.
  • Options

I am not an apologist for Roland,but the fact is he bought the club and tried to run it his way,which all of us knew was wrong and has now been proved to be wrong.Charlton supporters have let
    him know in no uncertain terms how they feel about his methods,he knows he is hated.He is trying to get rid and has no affinity with anything Charlton whatsoever.My point is that lower crowds mean he is putting ,more money into the club,if you were in his shoes would you not take every opportunity to recoup some of this money rather than spend it on the team.I am in my 65th year of supporting this club,and its present situation is particularly galling to people of my age as we are most unlikely to witness any returns to our former glories.

OK.

I get that. However, if you read what you have written recently, your comments do amount to putting the blame for Roland’s disastrous stewardship of the club onto the protesting supporters. In a post last week you claimed his ownership was an irrelevance. That is simply nonsense. The ownership of a club is by far and away the biggest determinating factor in the success of any club; hence my earlier comments about Man City and Chelsea. More recently you seem to lay the blame for what has happened to the club in the last few years onto protesters and other absentee supporters. The implication of your posts are, that Roland’s rape of the club is caused by his anger at the protesters and boycotters. You have totally ignored the fact that Roland began asset stripping both the club and team long before the protests started. Within days of arriving he insisted that the club sold Yann and had appointed the imbecilic, lying, lazy Katrien to run the club. Our current plight began then and not with the protests.

He owned his home town team. The supporters there abhorred his stewardship of their club. Protesters from Charlton were applauded by them. He owned Standard Liege and their supporters hated him ( to the point of issuing death threats. ) Do you not see a pattern emerging?

You have ignored all that and have suggested, against all the evidence, that if only the protests stopped, then Roland would fund the club to new heights of glory. That is patent rubbish.

I do understand and share your desire to Charlton rise again but I can assure you that your suggested method of appeasement, for that is what it is, will not bring that day any closer.

PS. I agree with you that Bowyer and Jackson have done a remarkable job. Other clubs, who will be willing to back them, will have taken notice.
  • Options
    Fits Curbs criteria for new signings; hungry and angry (and hopefully not just cos of the veganism). Bodes well.

What confuses me is he seems to have spent most of his career as a winger but is being talked about clearly by bowyer and everyone as a striker?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Both Taylor and Grant are strikers who will go wide and do good work on the wing.
    Parker would fit this model, as long as Josh and Lyle both drift to the wing at the same time !