Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    Partially his fault for Solly’s sending off. Any decent striker would have taken a touch and had a quick shot instead of laying it off to our full back who was in a worse position. That ultimately lead to Solly’s red
  • Options
    Partially his fault for Solly’s sending off. Any decent striker would have taken a touch and had a quick shot instead of laying it off to our full back who was in a worse position. That ultimately lead to Solly’s red
    Sorry. That’s bollocks
    Personally think he picked the wrong pass, can't remember who was free but seemed an odd choice to square it to Solly 
  • Options
    He’s not a good player, better than me, but doesn’t appear to have a scooby doo in front of goal. Nailed on to score against Gillingham, though, I reckon. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sorry. That’s bollocks
    Personally think he picked the wrong pass, can't remember who was free but seemed an odd choice to square it to Solly 
    Aribo
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I said it when he signed and I’ll say it again now - he will never score a goal for us.

Yep, got it the first time 😀
  • Options
    This is one we can't blame on our Belgian master. The club did everything to keep Karlan but he and his agent forced the move. He wanted to play in the Premier League.
    And was in tears about it.

Can't blame him for taking a sixfold increase in salary and the opportunity, which he has seized.

Can blame the club for not tying him to a decent new contract in the summer,  selling at such a low price and not investing any of the fee in a decent loan or signing. Remember we'd already got rid of Ajose so Parker did not add to the wage bill.
    We also got rid of Clarke.  That and the Fosu situation puzzle me, although I get Ajose to an extent but he is twice the player than Parker, who has forgotten how to be a striker which he started out as.
  • Options
    Easy to blame it on Roland but I think Gallen quite fancied him to do a job. He doesn’t really deserve criticism because he has done a great job overall and I doubt he would have suggested him had Roland given Bowyer a bit of money, but it was a poor call nonetheless. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I said it when he signed and I’ll say it again now - he will never score a goal for us.

I make you right. But I best be careful the Vegan police will be after me for criticising a vegan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Easy to blame it on Roland but I think Gallen quite fancied him to do a job. He doesn’t really deserve criticism because he has done a great job overall and I doubt he would have suggested him had Roland given Bowyer a bit of money, but it was a poor call nonetheless. 
    I think it was a desperate call after the Eisa deal fell through, a deal that Bristol City might have been willing to do if we'd been able to put some money down.
  • Options
    Don't forget Oztumer was waiting to sign for us at Bolton's training ground.
  • Options
    I think it was a desperate call after the Eisa deal fell through, a deal that Bristol City might have been willing to do if we'd been able to put some money down.
    Yeah like I said any kind of money and I doubt he would have been a target. Still think Gallen fancied him to do a job though and got it wrong. 
  • Options
    Wasn't it a case of Parker or nobody?
    Maybe nobody would have been a lot cheaper and just as effective...
  • Options
    This is one we can't blame on our Belgian master. The club did everything to keep Karlan but he and his agent forced the move. He wanted to play in the Premier League.
    And was in tears about it.

Can't blame him for taking a sixfold increase in salary and the opportunity, which he has seized.

Can blame the club for not tying him to a decent new contract in the summer,  selling at such a low price and not investing any of the fee in a decent loan or signing. Remember we'd already got rid of Ajose so Parker did not add to the wage bill.
    Yes it was crazy to not replace Karlan properly but the club was a bit unlucky with his contract timing. No way would any club have offered him a long contract last summer after he was arrested. Indeed have the charges actually been formally dropped?
  • Options
    I think Eisa would have put us up. Tragic that he has barely played for them. Injured?
  • Options
    Of course it's Roland's fault. Sold Grant from under Bowyer and we were left scrambling to sign someone before the deadline. I don't blame Parker and he must show something in training. Doesn't help that everyone slags him off. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Worst striker I have ever seen play for us, not his fault though really just desperate recruitment, his nothing more than a lg1/2 player, the Gilllingham fans happiness of him leaving said it all
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Of course it's Roland's fault. Sold Grant from under Bowyer and we were left scrambling to sign someone before the deadline. I don't blame Parker and he must show something in training. Doesn't help that everyone slags him off. 
    Rubbish on both counts. He wasn't sold from under Bowyer, Grant wanted to go and we were powerless from preventing him to go. The lack of funds for a replacement of course is only one man's fault. 

I doubt Parker shows much in training, why would you assume that? And how are fans who are saying he looks poor affecting his performances? He's just not good enough, the fans aren't to blame. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IR94 said:
    Worst striker I have ever seen play for us, not his thought though really just desperate recruitment, his nothing more than a lg1/2 player, the Gilllingham fans happiness of him leaving said it all
    I don’t imagine that would be his thought.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Don’t think anyone has slagged him off have they?

Seems a great bloke that probably thought going to CAFC was a great “step up” career move and good luck to him.

I think the consensus just think it was a desperate signing who was never going to be a game changer. Not his fault.

As said I only blame the owner. Buck stops there.

I own a business, if it doesn’t go great, if wrong decisions are made, I do not point fingers, ultimately I influence.
  • Options
    Parker is an athletic player, gets about the pitch, good in the air, quickish, combative , and touch doesn't seem poor. As a striker alongside Taylor he needs to play on shoulder of last man but drifts infield to Lyle's territory. Believe he was prolific as a kid but had played midfield as a senior. Surprised he hadn't featured for U23s and told to score goals.
  • Options
    Still no Fosu
  • Options

I have seen him score twice for Cafc.
    Two headers from close in for the U23.
  • Options
    Parker is chasing Jo Doo Doo 's record. 
    Joe dodoo scored on his debut for Charlton so what record do you mean ?
  • Options
    Bound to score against Gillingham. The only question is whether he'll

a) not celebrate out of respect, or
    b) cup his ears in a defiant gesture to the boos from the home supporters
  • Options

You do realise the ex-Player scoring rule only applies to players facing Charlton dont you?
  • Options

You do realise the ex-Player scoring rule only applies to players facing Charlton dont you?
    Other than Yann against Leicester, that’s true