Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    Work with quite a few gills fans(as I work in gillingham!!)
    None realy rated him at all and none are to upset he's gone
    U would think they have just signed ronaldo the way they are taking about holmes
    But I think with a bit of backing and 
    confidence he could be a surprise package for us
  • Options
    U would think they have just signed ronaldo the way they are taking about holmes
    Seems a lovely guy and all that...

But why would he be a surprise package?

Hasn’t done anything thus far in his career of note...

Mark Marshall got player of the year for Bradford 2 years ago when they got to the play off finals, in my opinion Mark is a better player than Josh, as he has proved prior.

Its the hope that kills you..,.

Said before it’s not about losing Grant - it’s just no ambition from our owner to push on and really attempt promotion. He just doesn’t give a shit about 2% of his business interests - CAFC is irrelevant to him.

• Options
    Better players and Taylor teeing up chances for him may show a different player.
    bit like Neil Heaney back in the day.
    brought in short term to help get us up and over the line 
  • Options
    Neil Heaney was a great player for us but only played 6 games. Very surprised we didn't try to get him permanently after the impact he made. Only played 168 times in 13 years as a pro. I suspect his time with us was the highlight of his career. 
  • Options
    Neil Heaney was a great player for us but only played 6 games. Very surprised we didn't try to get him permanently after the impact he made. Only played 168 times in 13 years as a pro. I suspect his time with us was the highlight of his career. 
    Best remembered for breaking Mauricio Taricco's nose  :D 

• Options
    Best remembered for breaking Mauricio Taricco's nose  :D 

Taricco spat at him and made a cut throught gesture as they left the pitch.
    Heanies response a well aimed right hander.
    Av it.
    I heard a story that Danny Mills waited for Tarrico after a game and chinned him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    I thought Parker played well today. Intelligent runs that were ignored, good headers, and was unlucky not to score.

If it is between him and Ventokele to play with Taylor, he has my vote.
    Agreed. Think Igor will get better with match fitness but Parker looked good today. 

Initially quiet when he came on but grew into the game and was a threat.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I thought Parker played well today. Intelligent runs that were ignored, good headers, and was unlucky not to score.

Ditto. Parker looked decent.
    Igor did bugger all.
  • Options
    Think you’re misremembering. Thought he was pony in pretty much all his games for us, apart from the final itself. He filled a gap in the team while Robbo was out but really wasn’t great.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Mark Marshall got player of the year for Bradford 2 years ago when they got to the play off finals, in my opinion Mark is a better player than Josh, as he has proved prior.

Said before it’s not about losing Grant - it’s just no ambition from our owner to push on and really attempt promotion. He just doesn’t give a shit about 2% of his business interests - CAFC is irrelevant to him.

Mark Marshall is utter dogshite. How on Earth he managed to win Bradford’s POY award I do not know. He was so bad yesterday. 

King offered some sort of presence yesterday, at least he won a few headers / appeared to have some sort of asset, which is more than can be said of Vetokele who barely touched the ball and just made token jumps when it came near him in the air with no attempt to actually win the headers. 
  • Options
    Barely noticed Vetokele yesterday.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

With Taylor back he won’t be ignored. He set up Grant time after time.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Mark Marshall is utter dogshite. How on Earth he managed to win Bradford’s POY award I do not know. He was so bad yesterday. 

King offered some sort of presence yesterday, at least he won a few headers / appeared to have some sort of asset, which is more than can be said of Vetokele who barely touched the ball and just made token jumps when it came near him in the air with no attempt to actually win the headers. 
    Yep - all about meh.

but... who set up the only goal we have scored in over 200 minutes of football?
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Mentioned this a few times on here...

Marshall was by far and away the best player on the pitch in Bradford's play-off final v Millwall. 

He really, really stood out and I was so excited when we signed him. 

So disappointed in how it's turned out, as I am with Ajose.

Both have not done 10% of what I hoped they would in a CAFC shirt.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    BR3red said:
    BR3red said:

Yep - all about meh.

but... who set up the only goal we have scored in over 200 minutes of football?
    And the first in open play for an age. Since 12th Jan v Shrewsbury.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've only seen Josh Parker play via iFollow but have to say that I haven't been that impressed
  • Options
    All he's got to do is score the winning goal in the Play Off Final and he will be a Charlton hero.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I've only seen Josh Parker play via iFollow but have to say that I haven't been that impressed
    I have never seen him kick a ball and I am not that impressed  :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I said it when he signed and I’ll say it again now - he will never score a goal for us.
  • Options
    He hasn't done much yet, and there doesn't look to be much chemistry between him and Taylor at the moment. Still early days though.

I would be persisting with Igor for the time being. He' s looking fitter and I think his movement and link up play are improving. He getting on the wavelength of the rest of the team. It's low progress though and I'd definitely like to see more from him soon. He was unlucky a couple of times on Saturday, he'd taken up good positions in the penalty box but crosses just didn't quite find their way to him thanks to some good blocks from Bristol players. I do get the sense he was rushed back a little bit from his injury, and is having to get fit and find some form in the spotlight of the first team.
  • Options
    Karlan top scorer for Huddersfield after 10 games.

No disrespect to Parker, sure he tried his heart out, it isn’t his fault but....

Why sign a journeyman footballer from division 3 who has never made it?

Thanks Roland, you really are a genius.

All I can say after Morrison, Yann and all, is how you made all your millions, should give every numpty hope in this world.

• Options
    This is one we can't blame on our Belgian master. The club did everything to keep Karlan but he and his agent forced the move. He wanted to play in the Premier League.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I said it when he signed and I’ll say it again now - he will never score a goal for us.

• Options
    Parker is chasing Jo Doo Doo 's record.