Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    He won’t score against anyone. 
    You saw that against Oxford when he only had to connect with the ball on the goal line and failed. 
    I would be shutting the doors on the team bus while he was getting changed after the Gills game on Sat. 

If if he proves me wrong - fair enough. 
  • Options
    You saw that against Oxford when he only had to connect with the ball on the goal line and failed. 
    I would be shutting the doors on the team bus while he was getting changed after the Gills game on Sat. 

He got 10 league goals last season, that would have made him our joint top scorer!
  • Options

He got 10 league goals last season, that would have made him our joint top scorer!
    Whilst his forward play is not bad, his striker instinct and finishing is nothing special.

Think LT goal against Luton and Igor goal against Scunny - I doubt Parker would have got either of them if it was him.
  • Options
    Going to score the winner in the play off final...
  • Options
    For who though?
  • Options
    Going to play the off in the score winner final...  nope  still bollocks!
  • Options
    Good game from him today and unlucky with chances. Pressed well, made himself available and could have had match ball. First game I've seen him look like a forward.  Like to see him start vs Donny.
  • Options
    I said to @Jdschwab02 today thay Parker will score in a 1-0 win at Wembley
  • Options
    Bless him tho you could see how desperate he was for a goal today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i like his attitude, he works hard, has pace, decent in the air and is a nuisance - he isn't class but i don't see igor bringing much more to the team than parker so he may just play a part in the play offs, particularly given igor's injury record - we should back him 
  • Options
    Covered end was giving it ‘Parker scores were on the pitch. -Parker scores we’re on the pitch’ 

he couldn’t buy a goal today for love nor money but he put in a proper shift, for an assist and cane very close. I think he is decent. 
  • Options
    Not great today, but worked hard
  • Options
    I rally wanted him to score.  You can seehe really uts in 100% so it makes me cringe to hear him getting stick.  Slag off players that don't care but Parker cares and does his best.
  • Options
    I believe he could with some training on composure be very good. He got a decent assist but never looked like he wanted the ball when he was furthest forward.

Taylor was doing everything he could to tee him up and I saw it in his face he wasn't happy with Parker's squandering.

Keep playing like today and he'll be worth keeping.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    I believe he could with some training on composure be very good. He got a decent assist but never looked like he wanted the ball when he was furthest forward.

Taylor was doing everything he could to tee him up and I saw it in his face he wasn't happy with Parker's squandering.

Keep playing like today and he'll be worth keeping.
    He's twenty fecking eight Daz

How many bubbles can you blow and training on composure can you do. 
  • Options
    Good game from him today and unlucky with chances. Pressed well, made himself available and could have had match ball. First game I've seen him look like a forward.  Like to see him start vs Donny.
    Instead of Igor? Pretty sure Igor would've enjoyed himself today against that defence and with that kind of service. 

Thought Parker did ok overall and at least carried a threat but he's not on the same planet as Igor as a forward. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't fault his work rate, but lets be real his awful, if he couldn't score against a poor side with nothing to play for like Rochdale what hope does he have. You could see he really wanted to make a impact, and was trying a lot harder than others in a end of season friendly type feel, but even his best in those circumstances was still not good enough
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He was far from Awful today, nice back heel assist and worked his nuts off.

Yes he should have scored but I would only say that one of those would have gone in if anyone else had got there - the open goal.

He's not as technically good as others but is a trier and just like Luke Varney, I bet when he's confident he can be unplayable. Sports Psychologist maybe would be the answer... Or eat some meat.
  • Options
    'If Parker scores we're on the pitch' says a lot.
  • Options
    I’m sure the reason the ref didn’t give a red when he was hauled down was because to be a professional foul it has to be a “clear goal scoring opportunity” and even one on one with the keeper I don’t think it’s a clear opportunity for him. 

Cant fault his work rate but he just isn’t good enough. 
  • Options
    Pawel abbot scores that first big opportunity all day long that was a woeful miss 

the back heel was very classy and deserved to go In 

• Options
    Am impressed with how generous posters are being about that performance yesterday.

i agree- the misses were awful, but he DID put a shift in 
  • Options
    Would you want a chance for a winner or equaliser to fall to him in the play-offs?

Magennis put in a shift but Bowyer was happy to let him go after missing chances in last years play-off games.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Would you want a chance for a winner or equaliser to fall to him in the play-offs?

Magennis put in a shift but Bowyer was happy to let him go after missing chances in last years play-off games.
    Hopefully he won’t get on the pitch in any of the play off games.

Whilst he did work hard yesterday, ultimately he is a striker and his job is to score goals. He just isn’t good enough.