Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    He’s been excellent the last two games . The goal will come . Hopefully on Friday. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    LMHR said:
    I I thought he was great today and with the last two showings, I’d have him playing instead of Igor 
    Go to bed Dad, you're drunk.
    Go to bed son, we’ve been about enough.
  • Options
    He was a goal threat. 

The defenders considered him to be a pain in the ass. He sometimes tracked back and played a bit deeper.

A short sweet and simple description of his game play today.

(He is 100% a better centre forward as opposed to a wide man)
  • Options
    How are we getting on the pitch when he scores at Wembley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's better than Scott, he's better than Scottttt
    Joshua Parker he's better than Scott
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Based on based on his last two performances I’d rate him above Magennis. 
    He did particularly well yesterday but much of what he did against Rochdale was awful.  Good nuisance value though and I think that we are much better off with him there, rather than playing with 5/6 across the midfield.  Lyle is much better with a partner IMO.
  • Options
    When he first joined us, he wasn't affecting games. He looked like a pub player and you wondered why we brought him in. I can see why now. He wasn't playing for Gills so he probably just needed games. I'm not saying he is the best striker in the world or even League One, but he more than solves a problem for us playing like that!
  • Options
    He’s a fighter playing out of the position where he has spent most of his senior career, he’s learning and playing better every game. 

If we are in this division next year he will be our number one striker after Lyle is sold and no one is brought in. That would not be great. 
  • Options
    Has Josh done enough to earn a deal??

IMO as long as he isnt asking for crazy money he has done enough for a 1 or 2 year deal.

Maybe 0 goals but fantastic work rate
  • Options
    Decent choice for a squad player (bit like Church was before him). 

Wouldn't sign him to start him. But a good bench player to hold the ball up and work hard when players are tiring. 
  • Options
    No. Better than one goal Nicky but he won’t get any goals in the league above 
  • Options
    His shit, doesn't deserve a new deal imo
  • Options
    No way. Love his effort but he is a lower L1 player at best, no where near Championship level
  • Options
    I'd keep him for a year, last 4-5 games have been good. He won't get many goals but compare him to their lump of shite Wyke who cost a million quid, I know who I'd rather have playing for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a chance. He works hard and he can hold the ball up front but he can't score and he's honestly not really good enough to be a first choice striker at the top of League One. I hope he's earned himself a contract in L1 for his efforts this season, he deserves it. Someone like Peterborough or Plymouth would suit him
  • Options
    No.  I'd probably say no even if we'd lost but he's definitely not good enough for The Championship.
  • Options
    This recent run hasn't been a bad addition to his CV! Go well, Josh 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He ran really hard today and his hold up play was probably better than Taylor, but ultimately if he's in our squad for next season we've had a poor Summer recruitment wise...

If he goes now he'll leave with the fond memory being part of this team, but I feel if I watched him play at Championship level it would be hard to do that...
  • Options
    Our very own Stephane Guivarc'h
  • Options
    He ran really hard today and his hold up play was probably better than Taylor, but ultimately if he's in our squad for next season we've had a poor Summer recruitment wise...

If he goes now he'll leave with the fond memory being part of this team, but I feel if I watched him play at Championship level it would be hard to do that...
    If Roland is here, he's coming back.
  • Options
    Parker is a great team player but we need something better in the Championship, L1 seems his level