Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    his last league goals were for Gillingham in 2018/19 before he joined us in January!
    Charltonised instantly. 
  • Options
    Atrocious player.
  • Options
    Grated on me that Josh Parker sounded like Joe Aribo's agent after the game at Wembley and said while standing next to Joe that of course he will move on.

We knew that we had screwed up with Joe becoming a free agent but I didn't want to hear that 20 minutes after we had won promotion to the Championship.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    Atrocious player.
    Atrocious finisher. 

The rest of his play, crossing and flicking on was actually average. Just remember he was meant to be Karlan's replacement!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Ok Guys you decide if Josh Parker should have been called a striker:

79 games for 10 different English clubs from Championship down to National League and Josh Parker Scored ZERO goals including 10 games for Cafc where he scored Zero goals.

79 games = 0 goals

Gillingham was a different story where he played 79 games and scored 16 goals.

79 games = 16 goals

Only 1 club out of 11 English top 5 tier clubs did Josh score for.

Please no more of this he worked hard and was a foil for Taylor at Wembley as if that makes him a decent player.

If we had 2 strikers in tandem from January both chipping in with goals we would have had automatic promotion with the talent we had in Midfield and Lyle Taylor baby before he was persona non grata.                          

Ex player being on Charlton TV is fine and he will probably be very good as well. 

• Options
    Lots of effort in his performance, but just never produced goals for himself. However, would be applauded by me for his effort. 
  • Options

79 games for 10 different English clubs from Championship down to National League and Josh Parker Scored ZERO goals including 10 games for Cafc where he scored Zero goals.

79 games = 0 goals

79 games = 16 goals

Please no more of this he worked hard and was a foil for Taylor at Wembley as if that makes him a decent player.

If we had 2 strikers in tandem from January both chipping in with goals we would have had automatic promotion with the talent we had in Midfield and Lyle Taylor baby before he was persona non grata.                          

Ex player being on Charlton TV is fine and he will probably be very good as well. 

We chose to sign him and he played to the best of his ability. Even if you don't think he was very good you can't ask for much more than that. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Talal said:

79 games = 0 goals

79 games = 16 goals

We chose to sign him and he played to the best of his ability. Even if you don't think he was very good you can't ask for much more than that. 

I agree with you that he tried his best and like Nuno at Spurs; who was way down the candidates; he was our 7th choice for a striker in that window; Not his fault that he became nervous when he was close to the goalposts as young Albie is the same unfortunately. 

I have always supported every player that pulls on a Charlton shirt during a game whether I'm at a match, watching  on Charlton TV or following on line. 

I think Josh may try to work in the media now as at 30 year old the Part time National League South or North beckons.  He played in  Scotland where he went on "come dine with me" 
    I wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

79 games = 0 goals

79 games = 16 goals

Won us promotion. Charlton leg end. 
  • Options
    His memory lane on Charlton TV yesterday was a belter. Just as well Browny was in the studio to fill the void.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    His memory lane on Charlton TV yesterday was a belter. Just as well Browny was in the studio to fill the void.
    And his prediction for the rest of the season, we can go up, win every home game and get 3 points, draw every way game and get 1 point. He thought this was doable. 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    It was a crucial free kick, but one highlight from half a season with us isn't great  :D 

Interesting that we were after him earlier than when we signed him, but then we were after Paul Smyth apparently before we signed him, and that wasn't exactly a success either
  • Options
    As good at pundatry as he was at being a striker.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

79 games = 0 goals

79 games = 16 goals

Would have got automatic promotion? I may be wrong but remember Parker playing mostly towards the end of the season when we went on that incredible run and won 4-0 a few times in the run in.

The run that cost us automatics was earlier in the season when we lost Cullen and Bielik for a while as well as other midfielders. We also lost Lyle for a short injury and suspension and he was essential to how we played. That was when we dropped points. It was largely before parker even joined.
  • Options

79 games = 0 goals

79 games = 16 goals

Would have got automatic promotion? I may be wrong but remember Parker playing mostly towards the end of the season when we went on that incredible run and won 4-0 a few times in the run in.

The run that cost us automatics was earlier in the season when we lost Cullen and Bielik for a while as well as other midfielders. We also lost Lyle for a short injury and suspension and he was essential to how we played. That was when we dropped points. It was largely before parker even joined.
    The spell with Taylor definitely cost us a shot at automatic promotion. Grant missing the pen at Peterborough and failing to get on the end of a two yard tap in. 10 mins after the game it was announced he was off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Modern society is funny! JP is a guest on Valley Pass and cue discussions of his weaknesses while here as a player when we won promotion. Some things are just best left to what we know. We all saw them with our own eyes.
  • Options
    when we needed a fit player with talent, he was a fit player for us..
  • Options
    I thought he was really good in the studio personally, not understanding the stick he’s getting.
    Agree. Thought he came across quite well. 
  • Options
    There are some photos which shows his main flaw very well. I think he was basically a Charlton fan who got lucky. He’d work really hard during games, but when he got in the penalty area he’d freeze as if he was more interested in watching Charlton score than taking part himself. 
    Does he look ready to tap in a rebound in this photo for example?! 😂
    Thought he was a good pundit on Charlton TV BTW, and not the worst player I’ve seen play for us. 

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Modern society is funny! JP is a guest on Valley Pass and cue discussions of his weaknesses while here as a player when we won promotion. Some things are just best left to what we know. We all saw them with our own eyes.
    It's Charlton supporters, miserable negative fuckers.
  • Options
    I thought he was really good in the studio personally, not understanding the stick he’s getting.
    Totally agree. Came over as a really nice guy with a good sense of humour.

Particularly made me chuckle when he said with a smile that he would give Jacko a ring when he was fit again! 

Of course he is hardly going to make it into our hall of fame but he gave 100% every game and will always be remembered as part of the team that gave us one of our greatest victories.

A nice bloke who speaks well, but that doesn't mean he can't be criticised as a player

After all Simon Church get slaughtered on here, and he was a much better player than Josh Parker
  • Options
    I thought he was good and the only stick I can see him getting is about his playing ability not his punditry work. I did say I thought his rest of season prediction for us was not doable but it was hardly giving him stick, just an opposing comment. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    mendonca said:
    It's Charlton supporters, miserable negative fuckers.

Does that describe the Covered end when they sang to the Players, your not fit to wear the shirt after a few games this season.I thought it was wrong but maybe the message got through.

Josh was a Journeyman footballer who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo at 11 clubs but at Gillingham he could. When he went to Red star he had to train on his own in the evening and they even turned the lights out. 

I had seen Josh score twice for Cafc U23 at the valley and was always waiting for him to emulate that for the 1st team but alas it never happened.

Had a decent game at Wembley and the rest is history.

"Come dine with me" was some of his best assists, and he left it all out there. 

Should do well in the media.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I thought he was good and the only stick I can see him getting is about his playing ability not his punditry work. I did say I thought his rest of season prediction for us was not doable but it was hardly giving him stick, just an opposing comment. 
    Fair enough although given that we are only 3 points from the top half and 9 points from the play-offs, I don't think he was being unrealistic. We have eight league games between now and the end of the calendar year so top half is most definitely within our sights and we continue pushing onwards from there.

Hovering around 8th-9th by the end of the January window has to be the goal and I agree with Josh that it's doable given the way Jacko has galvanised the squad.
  • Options
    Our squad lacks depth and a little quality. 
    If we sign the right players in Jan, then it’s a maybe from me, but it is a massive ask.