Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    Well done @The Red Robin

Bill surprised everyone. I would have bet that he would trade down before picking a receiver. Let’s see if he can confound us one more time, because most of his WR picks end up as busts. 
  • Options
    Pretty happy with the titans pick, even if will have to wait for  year to see him in action. 
  • Options
    Well done @The Red Robin

Bill surprised everyone. I would have bet that he would trade down before picking a receiver. Let’s see if he can confound us one more time, because most of his WR picks end up as busts. 
    As that Pats pick arrived I thought they may take Irv Smith or Drew Lock actually but Harry could be a shrewd addition for Brady & Co.
  • Options
    So still on the board into round 2:

Irv Smith Jr, Jawaan Taylor, Greg Little, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Cody Ford, Hakeem Butler, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Parris Campbell, Dalton Risner, Rock Ya-Sin, Drew Lock... 

I think it's gonna be fairly difficult for the Jags to screw this pick up even if all the O-linemen go ahead of us. Lots of good talent that could/should(?) easily have gone in the latter half of R1 is available. 
  • Options
    Feel Raiders reached a bit with Ferrell. Would have preferred Allen or Oliver - happy with the others
  • Options
    Having read up on reactions from people who know more than me, the Bradbury pick is growing on me. Elflein hasn’t been all that at centre but played a lot of guard in college so can easily slide over while Bradbury is being compared to Kelce so hopefully can hold down the middle of the line for years to come. 

Taylor, Ford, Little and Risner are still on the board and I wouldn’t be all that shocked to see us trade up a couple of spots to get one of them. 

Zimm's not going two rounds without signing a corner.
  • Options
    Oh no doubt, if we get in a position to get one of the top remaining they might look at dealing Waynes too, I’ve seen a few local journos say it’s possible. 
  • Options
    That’s a good pick for Arizona, Murphy is a very good corner to be getting second round. 
  • Options
    Byron Murphy to the Cardinals at 33.

Rock Ya-Sin to the Colts at 34. (Coolest name in the draft)
  • Options
    Jawaan Taylor to the Jaguars at 35.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Deebo Samuel to the 49ers at 36
  • Options
    Greg Little to the Panthers at 37
  • Options
    Jawaan Taylor to the Jaguars at 35.
    I was technically right in mocking him to us!

Great bit of work from the FO to snag him in round 2, and I don't think we gave much up either.

With two third round picks as well, I'm hoping for another killing draft class... 
  • Options
    Cody Ford to the Bills at 38.
  • Options
    Sean Bunting to the Buccaneers at 39
  • Options
    Sean Bunting to the Buccaneers at 39
    Whose wife did Greedy Williams shag?! 
  • Options
    Trayvon Mullen to the Raiders at 40
  • Options
    Dalton Risner to the Broncos at 41.
  • Options
    Think any OL would be a reach now, I reckon we’ll trade back or take BPA.
  • Options
    I like that, feels like we’ve quietly been trying to replace Rudolph for a while, seems good value at 50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Staying up for 3 hours only to trade back 3 times in a row :) 
  • Options
    That pick makes sense with Murray gone, looks a bit of a bruiser back to pick up the tough yards from Dalvin. We now have NINE picks tomorrow. I’m pretty sure we literally can’t afford to pay that many players so have the freedom to move as and when we want to for a player we want. 
  • Options
    Still some serious talent left. 
  • Options
    I know he won't go early in the draft, he probably won't be selected until round 4 or 5 but every time I've seen him play (admitted only 4 or 5 times) I've been impressed with Hunter Renfrow.

Hes quick, can catch throws coming from all sorts of angles and really pulled Clemson through at times BUT he is on the smaller side and therefore he struggles when going for a contested catch. Won't be breaking many tackles but get him the ball when he's open and he won't drop it.

The negatives force him into day 3 of the draft but I'll be really interested to see where he goes and how he adapts to the NFL.
    Urgh. Raiders
  • Options
    Dolphins are signing CB Xavien Howard to a record five-year, $76.5 million extension that includes $46M guaranteed, making him the highest paid CB in the NFL, sources tell ESPN. It’s the largest extension for a CB. Since becoming a 2nd-round pick, Howard has gone to one Pro Bowl.

Our window expires this year. Ramsey will eclipse this (and quite rightly - pay that man); Ngakoue will demand big money (again quite rightly); and so will Jack (three for three, what a 2016 draft class we had).

But... oh man, we're going to have to throw around SERIOUS money to keep hold of our young talent. God knows how we're gonna do it.
  • Options
    @PaddyP17you seen Telvin Smith is taking a year off?
  • Options
    @PaddyP17you seen Telvin Smith is taking a year off?
    Yeah man. He's got some shit going on and fair enough. His brother was murdered recently, and Paul Posluszny's retirement affected him immensely, too.

Speculation of course, but I think his mental health is in a bit of a state and I want him to take all the time off he needs.

In terms of how this affects the team - he was pretty rubbish last year tbf, and with Jake Ryan signed, we can probably find ways to cover him. 

But #10toesdown Telvin, all the best man.
  • Options
    Yhe, good luck to him and hope to see him back soon. The Ramsey situation at the Jags is intriguing. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded by this time next year. 
  • Options
    Yhe, good luck to him and hope to see him back soon. The Ramsey situation at the Jags is intriguing. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded by this time next year. 
    Why would we trade him? Assuming Telvin isn't playing this year, we're saving $13m in cap. That can then roll over to next year, and with the cap increase and other savings (cutting possibly Dareus, for instance), we'll have plenty of room to pay at least him and Ngakoue.

He's possibly the best corner in the NFL and I have little doubt we will pull out all the stops to retain him.