Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    I meant if not on sky is there a way
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Are the preseason games shown on Sky? If is there a way to watch them in the uk?
    Gamepass. I think they're usually on Sky as well though. 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    I meant if not on sky is there a way
    reddit.com/r/nflstreams is always your friend.
  • Options
    Ok...thanks guys
  • Options
    Great stuff! I mean, the defensive line has several questions about it, but it's pre season, so... Great stuff! 
  • Options
    Phins beat The Falcons 34-27. "We're gonna win the league"
  • Options
    We got shut out and only played three starters. Not overly concerned given it was the Ravens' starting D, but... not great, either.

Also, how good is Damon Sheehy's story!! Returned a punt 86 yards to the house last night. Great story - here's a very short version: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2019/08/09/nfl-preseason-browns-damon-sheehy-guiseppi-punt-return-td/1963744001/
  • Options
    Christian Wade scored a TD with his first carry

That’s great, been following his progress as my son is a big rugby fan and loves Christian Wade. He’s definitely built to be a running back.
  • Options
    Agreed it was quality running by Wade. Wonder how big he will be for Bill's this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    WHAddick said:
    Agreed it was quality running by Wade. Wonder how big he will be for Bill's this season
    I will be extremely surprised if he makes the final roster. They have 3 established RB's already. He will be a late cut and head to their practice squad.
  • Options
    Panthers off to a winning start against the bears. Hoping Cam's shoulder holds up this season
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    WHAddick said:
    I will be extremely surprised if he makes the final roster. They have 3 established RB's already. He will be a late cut and head to their practice squad.
    Wouldn't surprise me if a team who are more interested in the commercials than producing an outright winning team signs him from their practice squad (e.g. Dolphins, Raiders, Redskins etc.)
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    cs1986 said:
    WHAddick said:
    Wouldn't surprise me if a team who are more interested in the commercials than producing an outright winning team signs him from their practice squad (e.g. Dolphins, Raiders, Redskins etc.)
    Maybe but wouldn't count on it. He was playing against 4th stringers on that carry. Too many good RB's around. Raiders should be good this year.
  • Options
    Putting everyone on notice. 
    The Legion of Zoom are coming for ya.
  • Options
    Putting everyone on notice. 
    The Legion of Zoom are coming for ya.
    Let’s see how you do against a team that knows how to tackle!!! We were typically dreadful on D last night. Despite popular opinion I doubt that we are Super Bowl contenders this year🤣
  • Options
    5th round pick for a very impressive looking kicker, could this be the end of our search. 
  • Options
    5th round pick for a very impressive looking kicker, could this be the end of our search. 
    The Ravens certainly know how to find kickers. 
  • Options
    Just heard that Cliff Branch wide receiver for the great Oakland Rangers team of the 70’s passed away last week aged 71.
    He won three Super Bowls with them and was unquestionably one of the greatest WR’s ever, he was also a champion sprinter.
    Played his entire career under the great coach John Madden....alongside quarter backs Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett.
    One of my heroes of that great Raiders era.
    RIP.....Cliff....RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard that Cliff Branch wide receiver for the great Oakland Rangers team of the 70’s passed away last week aged 71.
    He won three Super Bowls with them and was unquestionably one of the greatest WR’s ever, he was also a champion sprinter.
    Played his entire career under the great coach John Madden....alongside quarter backs Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett.
    One of my heroes of that great Raiders era.
    RIP.....Cliff....RIP.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/03/raiders-great-cliff-branch-dies-at-71/
  • Options
    @Callumcafc  With Dak wanting $40m a year, Zeke on strike and Amari wanting a new contract, what could be an excellent couple of years may turn to a nightmare! #cowboysnation
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    @Callumcafc  With Dak wanting $40m a year, Zeke on strike and Amari wanting a new contract, what could be an excellent couple of years may turn to a nightmare! #cowboysnation
    Let’s hope so. 
  • Options
    Surely it's bollocks that Dak wants $40m a year. This sort of things happens, especially with the Cowboys, all the time - negotiations are "leaked" to make the organisation look good and the players look unreasonable to control the media narrative.

I have a hard time believing that Dak thinks he's that good.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Surely it's bollocks that Dak wants $40m a year. This sort of things happens, especially with the Cowboys, all the time - negotiations are "leaked" to make the organisation look good and the players look unreasonable to control the media narrative.

Depends who is around him, telling him how good he is. I also guess it's a negotiating tactic to start high (but in this case way too high).

Anyone else on here listen to the Around the NFL podcast?
    I find it helpful for a brief rundown on what's going on in NFL but it's also good humoured.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Depends who is around him, telling him how good he is. I also guess it's a negotiating tactic to start high (but in this case way too high).

I find it helpful for a brief rundown on what's going on in NFL but it's also good humoured.
    Also, the raw numbers mean nothing without context. Didn't Ricky Williams have some insane contract, but it was actually really low on guarantees, and he had to be possibly the greatest RB of all time by a long way to meet the incentives?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I think it's all about that damn useless Eagles quarterback who didn't win the superbowl and who lost to the Cowboys TWICE last year getting a guaranteed $32m a year....
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    PaddyP17 said:

I think it's all about that damn useless Eagles quarterback who didn't win the superbowl and who lost to the Cowboys TWICE last year getting a guaranteed $32m a year....
    You mean the QB who would have won the MVP in 2017 except for tearing his ACL? The one who was recovering from said ACL as well as playing with a broken back and still threw for 3000 yards in just 11 games last year?

The problem with the Eagles last year wasn't Wentz, it was the defence, particularly the seconadary which was getting torched all of last year, and started to figure things out right at the time they shut Wentz down.
    Can't wait to see how that useless Eagles Quarterback does with all his new toys to play with this year, like an actual running back, and more than one useful wide receiver!
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    PaddyP17 said:

You mean the QB who would have won the MVP in 2017 except for tearing his ACL? The one who was recovering from said ACL as well as playing with a broken back and still threw for 3000 yards in just 11 games last year?

The problem with the Eagles last year wasn't Wentz, it was the defence, particularly the seconadary which was getting torched all of last year, and started to figure things out right at the time they shut Wentz down.
    Can't wait to see how that useless Eagles Quarterback does with all his new toys to play with this year, like an actual running back, and more than one useful wide receiver!

WOULD have won the MVP until he got injured?   Purely hypothetical.   You CANNOT answer that.   The odds say Eagles don't win the Superbowl without Nick Foles at QB.... Eagles' fans are delusional.   See who wins the Division this year.

• Options
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    PaddyP17 said:

WOULD have won the MVP until he got injured?   Purely hypothetical.   You CANNOT answer that.   The odds say Eagles don't win the Superbowl without Nick Foles at QB.... Eagles' fans are delusional.   See who wins the Division this year.

He would have, he was way out in front. The bookies also said that the Eagles weren't supposed to win the super bowl with Foles but they did. We have no idea what would have happened in the Super Bowl if Wentz was healthy, or if they would have even gotten there, but he was going to win the regular season MVP, he probably still should have done given how few games were left.

I'm fairly confident that the Eagles are in a great position to win the division. Plenty can happen over the next few months but they have built a very strong contender.