Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    On the subject of the draft, I haven’t been paying much attention since the Cowboys traded away their first rounder during the season.

What date is it set for?
    April 25th, Nashville. 
    Oh that is GLORIOUS! I go to Geneva the day after and am getting the 6am flight, so draft all nighter on the cards!!!
  • Options
    I genuinely considered trying to get to Nashville for it - great place. 
  • Options
    Surprised this hasn't popped up on here - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Great read for your commute. 
  • Options
    I saw McCarthy totally refute comments about massages and several other players have discredited that he missed meetings.

• Options
    Christian Wade has been allocated to the Bills.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I felt the article read as unrealistic and naive by the author. Great NFL teams often have adversarial relationships between coaches and QBs. Terry Bradshaw hated Chuck Knoll so badly that he refuses to talk about him. Result? 4 Super Bowl wins. I think Belichick and Brady have a lukewarm (at best) relationship. Bart Starr did not get along with Vince Lombardi. The article made it seem like this was the worst relationship in NFL history. I contend Favre had a worse relationship with the very same coach than Rodgers did.
    Also, when you have 45 players on a team, of course some people won't like you. The article found 4 people. Big whoop. Finally, arrogance is often needed to be a QB, much like 100m sprinters and football strikers. Brady, Favre, Fouts, McMahon, the list goes on.
    At least the article did not delve into the rumour about Rodgers that's been going around a while.
  • Options
    Think he's mainly an idiot for not paying a parking ticket.

Hopefully his personality is completely different on the field, otherwise he's an absolute disaster of a top 5 pick.
  • Options
    Only just found out the Redskins have lost Jameson Crowder to the Jets. Big loss. Another winless season awaits. Sigh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday morning.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26535311/seahawks-make-wilson-top-paid-nfl
  • Options
    The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday morning.

I think this is actually quite a good deal for both parties. Russ gets PAID, and the Seahawks will likely have a lot more cap wiggle room when the next CBA is sorted out in the next year or two.
  • Options
    Yeah I think they had to keep him. Probably a top 3 QB in the league right now and they have to figure how to build around him now. Glad he's stayed there. Half my family are Seahawks fans so a real soft spot for them.
  • Options
    Just updating the Charlton Life supporters list....

@aliwibble @Manicmania @SDAddick

you've all commented on the thread but I don't have a team you support, do you have one?

Also noticed a couple of errors.
    For some reason, @Pedro45 I have you down under both Redskins & Steelers - which is it?
    @andyg90 I've got you listed with Chargers and Bears somehow - could you confirm which?

Thanks
  • Options
    When are the London tickets released, usually about now or is it after the draft?
  • Options
    unless they're not errors and you support both teams
  • Options
    2019/20 Fixtures announced tomorrow evening (US time) which I guess will include the London games.
  • Options
    I think London tickets usually go on sale quite soon after the draft. 
  • Options

you've all commented on the thread but I don't have a team you support, do you have one?

For some reason, @Pedro45 I have you down under both Redskins & Steelers - which is it?
    @andyg90 I've got you listed with Chargers and Bears somehow - could you confirm which?

Thanks
    It's both.  I have one NFC and one AFC team, so get two chances at the Superbowl! I've been a Steelers fan since going to Pittsburgh in 1972, and a Skins fan since going to DC in 1972...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Thanks
    It's both.  I have one NFC and one AFC team, so get two chances at the Superbowl! I've been a Steelers fan since going to Pittsburgh in 1972, and a Skins fan since going to DC in 1972...
    Had a feeling it was both but wanted to double check. Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks
    Not sure how that’s happened. LA all the way! 
    We’ve done well to keep most of our squad together. Add a fully fit again Hunter Henry and we’re looking good going into the draft. 

Not it had much of a chance to follow the combine or the lead up to the draft. Although I would think now with Rivers another year older we may look at a QB. 
  • Options

Nah, I don't really have one. Back in the 80s when Channel4 first started showing the NFL I had a soft spot for the Houston Oilers cos they were a bit rubbish like us but they don't exist any more. And I quite liked the Chicago Bears in the Walter Payton/The Refrigerator era, but generally I'll just pick a team to support on a game by game basis. It makes a nice change to watch a match where you're cheering on a team but you're not actually that fussed if they lose.
  • Options

Thanks
    49ers here,  FYI
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I’m in Nashville for 4th of July, any tips appreciated!

the first draft I ever really noticed as a party opportunity was Philli a couple of years ago, has anyone ever been to a draft? Is it worth making the effort?
  • Options
    I thought they had normally gone on sale by now but might be wrong.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for the past couple of years but am quite concerned that there will be issues getting tickets for the two game at Spurs this season.
  • Options

Great QB yet they threw the ball less than any other team last season. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Great QB yet they threw the ball less than any other team last season. 
    They certainly did at the start of the year. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

the first draft I ever really noticed as a party opportunity was Philli a couple of years ago, has anyone ever been to a draft? Is it worth making the effort?
    I wouldn't say I have any specific recommendations, it's just a great place. Johnny Cash museum is obviously a must and if you can hire a car I'd get out and explore a bit too. Lots of cool bars and there's always a band/musician on. You can hire bikes off the street too too and cycle around the city. Monell's is a cool restaurant. We ate there on Xmas day, just turn up and share a table with people, nice food. You can walk through the WW2 memorial to get there which is worth some of your time. Obviously the Titans stadium worth a look as a NFL fan.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I thought they had normally gone on sale by now but might be wrong.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for the past couple of years but am quite concerned that there will be issues getting tickets for the two game at Spurs this season.

For the game originally planned for NWHL last year, all Season Ticket holders could go in a ballot with a max of 4 tickets available. I'd assume the same for the 2 games this year, hopefully.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

4th July 1863 is the day the South effectively lost the civil war Vicksburg fell and Lee was defeated at Gettysburg. Not sure if that will help in anyway shape or form though!!!!