Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Just tried to do my first mock on https://predictpick.nfl.com/

I expect a few teams to trade up/down but here's my predictions based on teams staying put, for what they're worth:

1. Cards - Kyker Murray, QB
    2. 49ers - Nick Bosa, DL
    3. Jets - Quinnen Williams, DT (Could trade down)
    4. Raiders - Dwayne Haskins, QB
    5. Bucs - Josh Allen, EDGE (I think they'll trade down)
    6. Giants - Daniel Jones, QB
    7. Jags - Jonah Williams, OT
    8. Lions - Montez Sweat, EDGE (I think they'll trade down)
    9. Bills - Rashan Gary, DL
    10. Broncos - T.J. Hockenson, TE
    11. Bengals - Devin White, LB
    12. Packers - Ed Oliver, DL
    13. Dolphins, DL - Dexter Lawrence (possibly a QB but I think they're full tanking in 2019 and can they really turn down Dexter Lawrence if he's sitting there?)
    14. Falcons - Greedy Williams, CB
    15. Redskins - Marquise Brown, WR (I think they'll trade a 2nd-4th for Josh Rosen)
    16. Panthers - D.K Metcalf, WR
    17. Giants - Clelin Ferrell, DL
    18. Vikings - Jawaan Taylor, OL
    19. Titans - Noah Fant, TE
    20. Steelers - Parris Campbell, WR
    21. Seahawks - Jonathan Abram, S
    22. Ravens - A.J. Brown, WR (wishful thinking, I'd be happy with a C or G or Josh Jacobs but think they'll trade down at least once, i.e. bottom of the first and then again to second round).
    23. Texans - Andre Dillard, OL
    24. Raiders - Josh Jacobs, RB
    25. Eagles - Deandre Baker, CB
    26. Colts, Devin Bush, LB
    27. Raiders - Jeffery Simmons, DT (risky pick)
    28. Chargers - Drew Lock, QB
    29. Chiefs - Byron Murphy, CB
    30. Packers - Irv Smith, TE
    31. Rams - Rock Ya-Sin, CB
    32. Patriots - N'Keal Harry, WR
  • Options

I expect a few teams to trade up/down but here's my predictions based on teams staying put, for what they're worth:

2. 49ers - Nick Bosa, DL
    13. Dolphins, DL - Dexter Lawrence (possibly a QB but I think they're full tanking in 2019 and can they really turn down Dexter Lawrence if he's sitting there?)
    15. Redskins - Marquise Brown, WR (I think they'll trade a 2nd-4th for Josh Rosen)
    22. Ravens - A.J. Brown, WR (wishful thinking, I'd be happy with a C or G or Josh Jacobs but think they'll trade down at least once, i.e. bottom of the first and then again to second round).
    Interesting. As much as we need a TE, if Devin White is available at 10 I don't think Broncos will be able to resist. 
  • Options
    13th October, first time to see the Panthers live finally and first trip to the Spuds new ground
  • Options

2. 49ers - Nick Bosa, DL
    Just a word of advice - the is no way Bill Belichek will draft a WR in the first round. 
  • Options

Games at NWHL..

First @NFL games at new stadium revealed!

@ChicagoBears at @Raiders
    6 October 2019 (6pm)

@Panthers at @Buccaneers
    13 October 2019 (2:30pm)

• Options

2. 49ers - Nick Bosa, DL
    Just a word of advice - the is no way Bill Belichek will draft a WR in the first round. 
    No, in reality I'd expect a corner or one the TEs if they're available. But they are desperately short there.  
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hearing locally that Raiders might trade their two firsts for the Cards pick so they can get Murray, then trade Carr for a high second, perhaps to the Giants.
  • Options
    I fully expect the Raiders to trade a QB in the first round and wouldn't surprise me if they trade up to #1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am hoping and praying we take TJ Hockenson at 7 more and more. The more film I see of Jawaan Taylor, the more "meh" he looks. Hock actually looks like a threat.
  • Options
    Chiefs have made Frank Clark the leagues 3rd highest paid defender in a trade with Seattle.
    The Seahawks get this years 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick from 2020 and swapped 3rd round picks from this years draft.
  • Options
    Chiefs have made Frank Clark the leagues 3rd highest paid defender in a trade with Seattle.
    The Seahawks get this years 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick from 2020 and swapped 3rd round picks from this years draft.
    Huge. Basically ensures Sammy Watkins doesn't remain a Chief in 2020.

I think this is actually the right move for you, though. You're giving up draft stock when you have a precociously talented QB on his rookie deal (and the likes of Hill, assuming he's not released or suspended), so you don't need any developmental pieces right now.

Seahawks stock up on more draft picks for this year and next (they have twelve! twelve! for the 2020 Draft), but leave a big hole at pass rusher. They'll probably have to trade both this year's firsts to get to a draft spot where they can take an EDGE.

... Ultimately, and I was thinking this the other day, it's a bit like the Khalil Mack trade - it doesn't actually look like the worst trade given the win-now mode KC are in, and the draft capital Seattle need.

I've come round to the Raiders trading Mack now (they were rebuilding and reportedly didn't have the actual cash money, so made sense to trade, despite Mack being one of the best players in the NFL right now), having previously called it a monumental fuck-up (less so now of course, with three first round picks this year - Cooper another very win win trade given his production in Dallas).

Can't wait for tomorrow night though! 
  • Options
    Looking forward to it getting under way. Unlike previous years I have done absolutely zero research on the prospects since Dallas aren't involved until pick 58 so will be going in completely unexposed, Kyler Murray aside because... well, how could you not hear the chatter about the presumed no.1 overall pick?
  • Options
    Johnson County DA Stephen Howe announces they will decline to file charges in the investigation involving Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill and his fiancee Crystal Espinal.

They also apparently believe a crime has occurred, but "there is not conclusive evidence as to who [committed it], and without this no charges are to be filed."

Based on what was said about Ezekiel Elliott - the prosecutor believed there had been a crime, but there wasn't enough evidence to go on for an actual charge - then Hill should be looking at a six-game suspension, based on precedent.
  • Options
    I know he won't go early in the draft, he probably won't be selected until round 4 or 5 but every time I've seen him play (admitted only 4 or 5 times) I've been impressed with Hunter Renfrow.

Hes quick, can catch throws coming from all sorts of angles and really pulled Clemson through at times BUT he is on the smaller side and therefore he struggles when going for a contested catch. Won't be breaking many tackles but get him the ball when he's open and he won't drop it.

The negatives force him into day 3 of the draft but I'll be really interested to see where he goes and how he adapts to the NFL.
  • Options
    I know he won't go early in the draft, he probably won't be selected until round 4 or 5 but every time I've seen him play (admitted only 4 or 5 times) I've been impressed with Hunter Renfrow.

Hes quick, can catch throws coming from all sorts of angles and really pulled Clemson through at times BUT he is on the smaller side and therefore he struggles when going for a contested catch. Won't be breaking many tackles but get him the ball when he's open and he won't drop it.

The negatives force him into day 3 of the draft but I'll be really interested to see where he goes and how he adapts to the NFL.
    Another late-round prospect I'll be keeping an eye on is Oli Udoh. He's got all the physical tools to be a great tackle in the NFL, and looked very good at the Senior Bowl.

Needs to refine his fundamentals though.
  • Options
    So anyone thinking Kyler Murray might not go first overall???
  • Options
    So anyone thinking Kyler Murray might not go first overall???
    I think he could fall to the Dolphins. My board - without trades - is something like:

(Asterisks indicate where I could see a trade)

1. Quinnen Williams (DT, Alabama) to Cardinals
    2. Nick Bosa (EDGE, Ohio State) to 49ers
    3. Josh Allen (EDGE, Kentucky) to Jets*
    4. Kyler Murray (QB, Oklahoma) to Raiders
    5. Devin White (LB, LSU) to Buccaneers*
    6. Dwayne Haskins (QB, Ohio State) to Giants
    7. Jawaan Taylor (OT, Florida) to Jaguars*
    8. Ed Oliver (DT, Houston) to Lions*
    9. Jonah Williams (OG, Alabama) to Bills*
    10. Drew Lock (QB, Missouri) to Broncos
    11. Devin Bush (LB, Michigan) to Bengals
    12. TJ Hockenson (TE, Iowa) to Packers
    13. Christian Wilkins (DT, Clemson) to Dolphins
    14. Rashan Gary (EDGE, Michigan) to Falcons*
    15. Daniel Jones (QB, Duke) to Redskins*
    16. Andre Dillard (OT, Washington State) to Panthers
    17. Brian Burns (EDGE, Florida State) to Giants
    18. Garrett Bradbury (C, NC State) to Vikings*
    19. Jeffrey Simmonds (Mississippi State) to Titans
    20. Rock Ya-Sin (CB, Temple) to Steelers
    21. Clelin Ferrell (EDGE, Clemson) to Seahawks
    22. Chris Lindstrom (OG, Boston College) to Ravens
    23. Cody Ford (OL, Oklahoma) to Texans**
    24. Greedy Williams (CB, LSU) to Raiders
    25. Marquise Brown (WR, Oklahoma) to Eagles
    26. Johnathan Abram (S, Mississippi State) to Colts
    27. Josh Jacobs (RB, Alabama) to Raiders
    28. Dexter Lawrence (DT, Clemson) to Chargers
    29. Lonnie Johnson (CB, Kentucky) to Seahawks *** that said, I have no idea. Seahawks trade this somewhere, not sure who they'd pick
    30. Eric McCoy (OG, Texas A&M) to Packers
    31. Dalton Risner (OL, Kansas State) to Rams
    32. AJ Brown (WR, Ole Miss) to Patriots

Notes on trades:

- Jets probably can't trade out of 3 so will go BPA, imo that's Allen

- Bucs would be ideal to trade to the Redskins who apparently are sweet on Daniel Jones, but this is probably me being influenced by a nutty smokescreen. 

- NB I hate this pick for the Jags and think we should get Hockenson. It's also prime trade-down territory for a team like the Seahawks who could trade back up for Ed Oliver.

- I actually think the Lions will trade down. CB is a big need and there isn't a top-10 pick CB in this class. They could go Hockenson if still there.

- Bills would want a trade but can't

- Falcons would want a trade up I think, and it's possible the Jags or Lions would comply. 

- Apparently Dan Snyder is "taking over", and we know that'd mean some suicidal trade into the top 5 lololol

- Vikings might want to trade up

- ... honestly, not gonna bother listing all the potential trades from pick 21 onward, because the back end of this first round could get a bit messy. ANYONE could trade up or down. I see loads of teams - including the Jags, if we don't draft Hockenson - trying to nab a bit of talent (for instance, we sent #38 and #98 for #29 to draft Noah Fant?) 

- That said, Texans DEFINITELY need to trade up or back for a guard. Can't reach for McGary or Little, too late to pick Dillard/Taylor etc. I have Ford here because I don't think he's that good, but I don't know the NFL that well.

-----------------------------

I think Metcalf falls massive. Montez Sweat is too risky given his heart issues; N'Keal Harry Deebo Samuel, Kaleb McGary, Byron Murphy could all rise...

There's a few other names that I've not mentioned.

I'd be happy if like three of these picks was correct lol
  • Options
    Good stuff Paddy. 

Not a chance Murray falls past four but I fully expect him to go #1 with Rosen being traded to the Dolphins.

I expect the Ravens to trade back at least once to get some second round picks but I'd be very happy with your pick if not. Would love Bradbury if he's there. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Rosen is not traded I dont see Cards taking Murray. 

I have a feeling they go Bosa. 

I think Jags donget Hockenson padster. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I think we do actually having seen some of the latest mocks - there's been a big shift to Hock in most of them, which probably means that's our likely pick. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    MrOneLung said:

Why not? They've already paid most of Rosen's salary  He's not costing them anything to sit behind Murray. I doubt they'll get much more than a second or third rounder for him though.  Giants now the favourites for him. 
  • Options
    [Brooke Pryor] Hill in the audio to Crystal Espinal: "You need to be terrified of me, too, bitch"

Fuck. Get him out of the league and into a prison cell. If this isn't him done in the NFL, then I guess anything goes.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    If Chiefs are going to be consistent, they cut him. If the NFL is going to be consistent, they ban him for at least eight games. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The Hill situation is sickening and I hope he never plays in the league again. Enough on that, this night is about the newest wave of stars and its about to get going, can't wait for the Vikings to inexplicably draft a DB!
  • Options
    It's Murray to the Cards. They get their guy.
  • Options
    Whew, be interesting to see where Rosen will be by the end of the night.
  • Options
    No real rush for the Cards. Two good QBs on the books.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    No real rush for the Cards. Two good QBs on the books.
    Course, but if NY or Washington come calling I'm not sure that they say no.