Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Chase-ITV [Paddy versus The BEAST! - Match Thread]

Comments

• Options
    Where's the players' marks thread? 
  • Options
    Top man Paddy, well played sir.
  • Options
    Congratulations, enjoy the studio.
  • Options
    How much did he win?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    How much did he win?
    £6,250
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done! Great effort.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So annoyed I’m late to this party. 
    I’ll fire up the old VCR and hopefully join in on all the pisstaking that I am presently 11 pages behind on
  • Options
    Quality Paddy. Did they cut the Charlton talk out?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    They did cut the Charlton stuff out everyone! Very sorry. There was also an answer Mark and I both got wrong that was skipped.

Thanks everyone for your kind words - was an absolute nightmare watching that back and people on Twitter are both mean and hilarious! Mainly complimentary though so that's a relief. Besides, I've got thick skin!

I was really pleased with the answer about Elpis (Pandora's Box). As I guess most know, the traditional answer is "hope", but "elpis" is the more accurate term in Greek. It varies - either meaning the personification of Hope, or - as in Hesiod's texts - "hope" can be read as a pejorative. That is to say, "all the evils have been let out, and now all you have left is hope!" (i.e. what are you gonna do with that?).

Nerdy I know, but I had to raise it with the adjudicator and then Bradley began again with "I'll accept".
    Very well played mate
  • Options
    Well done Paddy. We'd all have taken that performance and six large!
  • Options
    If ever there a descriptive relabelling of a ‘Masturbatory Safe Zone’ needed then ‘Jazz Home Studio’ would be perfect 
    Properly LOL'd at that. Well done Paddy - lots of difficult questions answered correctly, and some like the Belgrano (should be Rainbow Warrior) and David Soul/Julie Covington questions were before your time so couldn't be helped, but Kung Fu Panda? If you'd lost I think you'd have never heard the end of the Proclaimers answer though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My little shit of a Son has just pulled the plug on the TV!!!!! 
    I bet you wish he'd done that 10 minutes from the end of the Pompey match last night, @ForeverAddickted ?

• Options
    Nice one Paddy well played...that was actually quite tense from where I was sitting & well the gorgeous Eleanor...just well...😛,
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I know he was nervous, watching as his father I could tell. I would be equally proud of him whatever the outcome, but so delighted the nerves didn't take over and he melted.
    I reckon the other players were pleased he didn't melt either.
    Surreal experience today.
    did you not know the result beforehand Seth?
  • Options
    most excitement and best win since Wembley .. Paddy does it for a very good team .. Jazz man, just Jazz
  • Options
    Best match thread any Charlton fan has read in a long time surely?