Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football for a Fiver Bingo

"Football for a Fiver". Undoubtedly, one of the highlights of a Charlton fans' year. Or possibly not if past experience is anything to go by. 

If you are going on Saturday, score one point for each of the following you experience. Report back after the game with your score.

1) The bloke behind you who asks you to sit down when you are standing up before the game starts and having a chat with your neighbour as his son can't see the warm-up.

2) People who turn up at kick-off time, stand looking around helplessly then realise their seats are at the far end of the row. Instead of going out and coming in the right end of the row, they attempt to reach their seats by making everyone else in that row stand up.

3) Missing the first 10 minutes of the game because people who don't know where their seats are situated continually block your view as they walk around trying to find them.

4) Kid sitting behind you who kicks the back of your seat throughout the whole game

5) The kicking kid having a dopey dad, who despite the fact that you are glaring at him, doesn't realise that his precious little son is actually an annoying brat and does nothing to stop him kicking your seat.

6) Kicking kid's dad getting all upset and telling you not to use language like that in front of Harry when you tell him what you are going to do to him unless he stops his annoying brat kicking your seat 

7) Finding your foot stuck to the floor after annoying brat behind has spilt his coke and his drink has run down under your feet (also ruining your bag and anything else you have put under your seat).

8) If you don't experience 4, 5, 6 or 7, having a dad with his four kids behind you, each of whom has zero interest in the football as they are busy play-fighting, whilst the dopey dad pretends to get excited at every single moment of the match - commentating on each kick and challenge in order to try and get the brats interested.

9) Dopey dad explaining to his brat of a son that the teams aren't passing to the man wearing a black shirt because he is the referee and not actually playing. 

10) 3 blokes in front of you who talk non-stop throughout the game about the fit bird at work, where they are going drinking tonight and whether Solskjaer should get the United job full time, never mentioning the game or Charlton once.

11) 4 blokes in your row who have obviously been to the pub beforehand and having drunk 4 pints before the game, spend the entire game going out to the toilet one by one.

12) Same 4 blokes, who when not going to the toilet, go out one by one to buy burger or chips.

13) Bloke next to you who asks you after 10 minutes which team is Charlton.

14) Bloke on the other side who asks if Curbishley is still the manager.

15) Kids seen wearing Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea or West Ham shirts. (Score one point for each). Kids seen wearing Palace or Millwall shirts should just be pitied. 

16) Missing the last 10 minutes of the game as your view is constantly blocked by people leaving early.

Please do let me know of any other experiences you have that make these Football for a Fiver days so enjoyable.

Comments

• 3, 4, 5, 11, and 12 have happened to me recently. It doesn't need to be a ffaf game for any of these to be annoying. 
  • edited February 2019
    Fortunately I don't have any seats behind me so half of these are ruled out.

However as a season ticket holder I have before been asked if i'm sitting in the correct seat only to be met with a blank look when I state the fact that I am in the correct seat due to being a season ticket holder while  blank faced Fiver fan tries to blag a way for his family in separate seats to sit together. My group eventually shifted a few seats so his family could sit together. Unfortunately it's the one downside of where I sit, it's prime seating for Fiver fans / matchday casuals.
  • People morning about how they prefer it when the ground is empty and they have a whole row to themselves
    Can guarantee I'll be saying that one
  • Given our propensity to lose these matches and all of the above, £5 is probably the right price. I will still be boycotting until that arsehole has buggered off. 
  • People thinking that they can sit it any seat until you point out the row and seat number on their ticket.

These people then ask a steward where their seats are only be be met with a couldn't care less/don't give a f shrug from the steward.  
  • 2, 3, 11 & 12 happen almost every home game. We sit in the East & being at the end of the row constantly have to get up to let people on & out during the game.....not to mention having the view of Jimmy Seed goal being blocked for 5 mins after the game has started, 5 mins before half time (repeat for 2nd half) as people gormlessly stand around looking at their ticket...then look at the row....then back at their ticket....then call their mate to ask them where they are.....ad nuseum.

• Sponsored links:

• Wow that was a cheery post....  :(
  • 18/ Don't go, boycott.

#notapennymore
  • 18/ Don't go, boycott.

#notapennymore
    Do you need to make that comment on this thread @e@eaststandmike you are boycotting fair enough thats your right, others are not and thats their right.

You have already dug Charlton fans out on the Blackpool thread by saying they are real fans with principles, implying Charlton fans who go dont have principles which is rubbish, you have no idea why people go to games.

But this thread is clearly for people who are going and not another excuse for you to dig out more fans for putting their support of the club ahead of the owner.
  • I think I've been that dopey dad a few times and might be again on Saturday. I've also previously been the victim. spare a thought for the dopey dad and mum. their kids might be the ones carrying the battle for us in the future. 

have to admit for the first few numbers I was thinking... were you in front of me against Barnsley 
  • Got in the ground and two secs later heard:

"No son Spurs arent playing today we're here to watch Charlton"

I pity the poor sods sitting next to them in the East Stand
  • edited February 2019
    Got in the ground and two secs later heard:

"No son Spurs arent playing today we're here to watch Charlton"

I pity the poor sods sitting next to them in the East Stand
    I got into the ground and 3 lads talking about the millwall line up v Wimbledon and how many they were gonna win by.

WTF even if Millwall were offering free tickets I wouldnt go
  • Jesus wept... Just been a notice on the big screen warning fans to beware of balls flying into the crowd

If you dont realise that you shouldnt be at a Football game
  • Jesus wept... Just been a notice on the big screen warning fans to beware of balls flying into the crowd

If you dont realise that you shouldnt be at a Football game
    No danger of them flying into the goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Swear the day trippers get worse each heavy. Only good thing to come out of today was a little sort in front of me being taught how to do the "your shhh ahhhh" by her fella 
  • Awful today, genuinely hate these games. I like seeing a busy ground, don’t want to be in one full of people that don’t want to be at a football game. Woman asked if we were singing about Leeds to Lee Bowyer’s red and white army. The when explained asked who Lee Bowyer was. 

Sitting near an aisle it was busier than the elevator in a Primark sale. Forever leaning forwards and backwards to try and see the game. Really annoying afternoon
    Its as I said to a friend I meet at the Ground!!

I never remember it being so bad or irritating when we were in the Premier League - Dont get me wrong am not a fan of these crowds but its primarily because your surrounded by people who dont know the ettiquete at the Valley
  • Lots of kids there today.  Hope they come back, they are the future.  
  • Probably not based on today’s performance they won’t..
  • Awful today, genuinely hate these games. I like seeing a busy ground, don’t want to be in one full of people that don’t want to be at a football game. Woman asked if we were singing about Leeds to Lee Bowyer’s red and white army. The when explained asked who Lee Bowyer was. 

Sitting near an aisle it was busier than the elevator in a Primark sale. Forever leaning forwards and backwards to try and see the game. Really annoying afternoon
    I'm getting worried about you. Proper little ray of sunshine you are these days.
  • edited February 2019
    The people who bought their £5 tickets, with a row and seat number clearly printed on it, but sit where they like and get moved on three different times by the people who actually have the ticket for the seats they've sat their stupid butts in. 

You're not special, sit where you're supposed to!
  • Off_it said:
    Awful today, genuinely hate these games. I like seeing a busy ground, don’t want to be in one full of people that don’t want to be at a football game. Woman asked if we were singing about Leeds to Lee Bowyer’s red and white army. The when explained asked who Lee Bowyer was. 

I'm getting worried about you. Proper little ray of sunshine you are these days.
    You need to buy me a pint and the world will then be a better place :-) 
  • I win  !!

See my post on the post match thread for details......taking a photo of your mate standing in the aisle whilst the game is going on. Just why  ???
  • There is no way that most of that extra lot today paid a fiver , there must have been loads of freebies .
    i don’t like extra punters they just get in the way and make parking more difficult 
    bah humbug