Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football for a Fiver Bingo

Comments

• Options
    There is no way that most of that extra lot today paid a fiver , there must have been loads of freebies .
    i don’t like extra punters they just get in the way and make parking more difficult 
    bah humbug 
    Yep, we had dozens of freebies around us. None of them have any interest in coming back again 
  • Options
    Scored quite well myself. 

Had to laugh at the large party of 15+ who turned up after kick off and went to the front of the east stand and then started looking for their seats. Turned out they were at the far end of the row they entered. Chaos whilst 15 people tried to walk down a row of seated people. 

Had a bunch of blokes in front who spent much of first half talking about an IT problem they had had at work. 

And 4 blokes (honest) further down  row in
    front who arrived late . First one went to toilet about 3.30. All went out 5 mins before half time and came back about 5 mins after second half started!

Still heart rose when saw I had nice old people behind me and not bored kids!

When's the next football for a fiver day? 
  • Options
    Cor don't you lot moan.
    Let's hope we stay in league 1 with attendances of 10000
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Cor don't you lot moan.
    Nothing wrong with bigger attendances its more to do with football for a fiver crowds.

Everyone loves a buzzing full stadium and when tickets are £30 and we are in a higher league thats what you get.

However when tickets are a fiver you dont get that, instead u get people going for a cheap day out, who either dont care about Charlton or dont care about football at all
  • Options
    2,3,20,11,12 and 16
    Number 3 times 100 as I am in north upper J block and had all those plums standing in the asiles claiming there was somebody else in their seat. The reality of couse was most where just to thick to find their place.
    Then I had some pissed up bloke who chose to stand right in front of me trying to remember which row he had just come from. It took quite a while to convince him that it was this row. He then came and went three times in the next 5 mins. On the forth occasion I think it dawn that his behaviour was trying people’s patience. What did he do? Stay put? Nah
    he decides to climb over the seats down a few rows. Result? He fell of course. A few minutes later we realised during all this coming and going he had left his small kid behind 
    Words fail me. Still won’t be seeing him for another year
  • Options
    Wasn’t too bad in L block north Upper where most people seemed to be Charlton supporters. 

Did get two blokes going in for pints during the game. Mind you, given the first half I was tempted myself. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Cor don't you lot moan.
    Nothing wrong with bigger attendances its more to do with football for a fiver crowds.

Everyone loves a buzzing full stadium and when tickets are £30 and we are in a higher league thats what you get.

However when tickets are a fiver you dont get that, instead u get people going for a cheap day out, who either dont care about Charlton or dont care about football at all
    Based on that last paragraph was Roly in the building...😏
  • Options
    In fairness to the £5 crowd, the game was absolutely diabolical.
    I'm not surprised people were doing anything except watching the turgid tripe served up.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Cor don't you lot moan.

Id rather have 17K of actual charlton fans, not 10k charlton and another 7-8k of spurs supporting mates. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had two greek fans on my right who follow Olympiacos and two Aberdeen fans on my left... All here as it was a fiver.  Greek guys taught me football terms in their language,  as the match was rubbish.  Don't think they will be back. 
  • Options
    Took my two boys on Saturday and they loved it. Yes, kids can be annoying, but we were all annoying little sods once right? My highlight was my 4 year old having an absolute breakdown at half time and demanding "dinner". By which he meant a hot dog. Once said hot dog had been purchased and eaten he calmed down and slept through the last 20mins. He didnt miss much, but at least he stopped kicking the back of the seat in front of him, where a nice old lady was sitting! Please all, just spare a thought for the poor parents who volunteer for these days, just so they can get to watch their beloved Charlton once in a while!
  • Options
    expect this weekends to be a nightmare
  • Options
    Cannot stand it. The last one I went to was the Shrewsbury game from a couple of years ago

Yes, it sounds like I’m moaning and that I don’t want a full Valley etc etc. Don’t care - it’s an absolute ball ache.
  • Options
    I've never had that much trouble with it, though I have to admit a few years ago I was the one who brought a load of uninterested day-trippers and vowed never to do it again. That was that god-awful Exeter match though so I think I got punished enough as it was. I'm trying to remember the other fiver matches we've had but I don't remember them being too bad. I remember sitting in the North Lower for the first time when we best Stevenage and I think the Huddersfield 3-0 win was a fiver as well. We lose 90% of the time anyway and I'm miserable regardless, so it may as well be cheap
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Kid behind me. 'Dad which team's playing in Red?'
    Dad. 'That's Charlton Jack.'
    Kid behind me. 'Who?' 

That kid may have a wonderful day watching the team in red win and become a lifelong Charlton fan.

FFS - we all went to our first game once!

Yeah, but I paid (well my Dad did) the full, undiscounted, price...1s6d I think it was, 7.5 pence to you youngsters.

And I missed our goal.....
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Kid behind me. 'Dad which team's playing in Red?'
    Dad. 'That's Charlton Jack.'
    Kid behind me. 'Who?' 

That kid may have a wonderful day watching the team in red win and become a lifelong Charlton fan.

FFS - we all went to our first game once!

Yeah, but I paid (well my Dad did) the full, undiscounted, price...1s6d I think it was, 7.5 pence to you youngsters.

And I missed our goal.....
    At least you had a goal at your first game.  My first game at Highbury, 2-0.  At Millwall, 3-2.  Stamford Bridge, 1-1.  Finally I get to The Valley, 0 fecking 0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored 6 points today - largely coming from the categories of annoying kids and the Premier League glory hunter lads with no interest in Charlton. 

Please, can we just fuck off this whole Football For A Fiver thing next season?
  • Options
    Knew from the booking website last week that two single seats either side of my season ticket hadnt been snapped up yet then both suddenly disappeared

Had a feeling that they'd been brought by two people together rather than individuals and that Id be asked to move along one (which duly happened today)

I didnt mind doing it but its obviously a reason for us failing to win today as dont sit anywhere else for a League game other than my ST seat!! - For some reason they disappeared at Half-Time and didnt come back
  • Options
    Knew from the booking website last week that two single seats either side of my season ticket hadnt been snapped up yet then both suddenly disappeared

Had a feeling that they'd been brought by two people together rather than individuals and that Id be asked to move along one (which duly happened today)

I didnt mind doing it but its obviously a reason for us failing to win today as dont sit anywhere else for a League game other than my ST seat!! - For some reason they disappeared at Half-Time and didnt come back
    Was it the person sitting next to them muttering under his breath

"F**king c*nts, making me move, I'm going to get them after the match"
  • Options
    An excellent score by cafctom - will be hard to beat. Anyone else clock up a good score today?

So happy to have an old boy sitting behind me today. Who got lumbered with a kicking kid behind him today? 
  • Options
    For next season's competition I do think there has to be a point for anyone who is stuck behind someone in the queue trying to get into the ground because someone is struggling to make sense of quite a simple barcode reader.
  • Options

Was it the person sitting next to them muttering under his breath

"F**king c*nts, making me move, I'm going to get them after the match"
    You should have introduced yourself... So sorry I didnt realise you were sitting next to me ;)
  • Options
    0/16 for me. Had none of those experiences.

Mind you I was watching the game, not the crowd.
  • Options
    weird atmosphere today, felt lots of tension, not all down to on the field either