Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football for a Fiver Bingo

13»

Comments

• Options
    Font mine how many points I score by having the following......

People coming in 10 mins late.....walking 3/4 of the way down the stairway, stopping, looking at their ticket, the turning around & walking up again as they obviously had the wrong block.

Happened both halves. 

Also the obligatory Arsenal & Spurs fans (not together I hasten to add)

• Options
    cafctom said:
    For next season's competition I do think there has to be a point for anyone who is stuck behind someone in the queue trying to get into the ground because someone is struggling to make sense of quite a simple barcode reader.
    Four people in front of me in the queue couldn't work it out. I only just got to my seat a few seconds before kick off. 
  • Options
    Two people made me laugh yesterday

Came down the stairs - Walked along the front row of my block and over into the next one (this is after the game had started)

Second half and 10mins in they appear again and do exactly the same thing

I mean seriously, you've just made the front row stand up (who in turn have blocked my view from a free-kick we'd just won) all because you cant remember where your bloody seat is twice!!
  • Options
    Kid next to me looked like he had spent £50 in the club shop, sat in the second half wrapped in a blanket moaning about being cold.
    Mum spent most of the game taking selfies, while the old man was texting and waving to another mate.

Please No-more Football for a fiver, Kids for a Quid, drives me nuts!
  • Options
    Strange one regarding kids, they only cost a fiver anyway! Took mine and she enjoyed it, without kicking anyone's seat. Getting stuck at the Dartford tunnel was less fun...
  • Options
    Kid next to me looked like he had spent £50 in the club shop, sat in the second half wrapped in a blanket moaning about being cold.
    Mum spent most of the game taking selfies, while the old man was texting and waving to another mate.

Kid for a quid against Middlesbrough 
  • Options
    A girl who must have been about 3 or 4 was sitting a couple of rows in front of me had a massive hissy fit because her iPad froze half way through the first half. Good parenting - bring a kid who had no interest to a game and then ignore her. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    What a fuckin miserable bunch.

Let's go back to crowds of under a thousand at Selhurst Park. At least there was plenty of room and you didn't have to stand within 50 feet of anyone, let alone talk to them.

Unbelievable.
    Well that’s one way to completely take it out of context.

Nobody wants the stadium to be empty, or for there to be low turnouts. But a number of fans, myself included, also don't think it serves much value giving tickets away on the cheap to people who deep down don't give a toss about Charlton and negatively affect the atmosphere. 
    And you know they all don't give a toss how, because you spoke to them all?

Everyone went to their first game once. If cheap seats gets even a fraction of the extra people who come along to return - be they lapsed fans or new fans - then that's the whole idea of it and makes it worthwhile.

What might put them off is people moaning at them because they can't find their seat instantly and, heaven forbid, may have to go to the toilet or take their kids to the loo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Support the team my way or fuck off" then?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    "Support the team my way or fuck off" then?
    No, not at all. Everyone can support the team in their own way so long as it’s lawful.

Just don’t pull others up who go all the time because they’re getting up in moments of excitement and cheering the team on. Especially when they spend most of the time completely uninterested, on the phone, and leave 10-15 minutes early.

It’s no coincidence that these things have happened when specific type of people come to the game but never seem to happen when we have 17/18000 people behind the team.

I would love The Valley to be full every week, I’d love The Valley to have an atmosphere like it did back in May. I just don’t want the whole experience and atmosphere impacted negatively because what seems to be a good handful of people who make it harder for those who go each and every game. 

I did say I recognise that it wasn’t everyone. No doubt there were a lot of others who made the most of it and I hope they come back regularly and push our club forwards. But there does seem to be a recurring theme, especially in the Football For A Fiver games.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Yes, but if I remember rightly, I think it’s only U11s when bought with a full paying adult.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:

Let's go back to crowds of under a thousand at Selhurst Park. At least there was plenty of room and you didn't have to stand within 50 feet of anyone, let alone talk to them.

Unbelievable.

Nobody wants the stadium to be empty, or for there to be low turnouts. But a number of fans, myself included, also don't think it serves much value giving tickets away on the cheap to people who deep down don't give a toss about Charlton and negatively affect the atmosphere. 

Everyone went to their first game once. If cheap seats gets even a fraction of the extra people who come along to return - be they lapsed fans or new fans - then that's the whole idea of it and makes it worthwhile.

What might put them off is people moaning at them because they can't find their seat instantly and, heaven forbid, may have to go to the toilet or take their kids to the loo.

I might have not spoken to them all but I did see about 10,000 people leaving well before the end which is a pretty good indicator in my books.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    shine166 said:

Yes, but if I remember rightly, I think it’s only U11s when bought with a full paying adult.
    Correct
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:

Unbelievable.

I might have not spoken to them all but I did see about 10,000 people leaving well before the end which is a pretty good indicator in my books.
    I was one of them, saw enough in the previous 85 mins to come to the conclusion I was better off beating the train queues In that rain, than hoping wed score 2 goals at the death. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:
    cafctom said:
    Off_it said:

Unbelievable.

I was one of them, saw enough in the previous 85 mins to come to the conclusion I was better off beating the train queues In that rain, than hoping wed score 2 goals at the death. 
    Same here. Got straight on an empty bus.
  • Options
    Club shop made more money on a football for a fiver match?.
  • Options
    Club shop made more money on a football for a fiver match?.
    It's not run by the club so only a very small percentage will go to the club, if any at all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got there late , missed first couple of minutes , shit traffic coming from the wrong side of the river and left early about 30 seconds left of additional time .
    Only had  8 year old with me and if he’d have wanted to go ( means he’s got the bug) I wouldn’t have gone cos of shit weather but because he kept saying no he didn’t want to go (so he hasn’t got the bug fully yet) I forced myself and him to go .
    What sort of logic is that , what a twunt of a father I am but I said watching us lose makes the winning much better 🤪
  • Options
    I took my 8 year old grandson with me, he is an Arsenal fan however he turns to me after 10 minutes and says "I love Charlton grandad, can we come again" I was made up I tell ya. However after going 0-2 down he was singing:

"Oh to
    Oh to be
    Oh to be a Gooner"

He had his chance and blew it, he aint coming again  :)

PS He never kicked the seat in front either  
  • Options
    ''Dont know if it can be done,but how about at the next £5 game,any one with a fan id and is a regular can choose their seats in the normal areas.
    Tourist could all be lumped together in the areas that are not normally used,so they can all piss each other off without interfering with the genuine supporters who actually want to watch the game.''

Brilliant by far the best and most sensible comment that I've read in this section.
    Well done mate!
  • Options

Came down the stairs - Walked along the front row of my block and over into the next one (this is after the game had started)

I mean seriously, you've just made the front row stand up (who in turn have blocked my view from a free-kick we'd just won) all because you cant remember where your bloody seat is twice!!
    Whilst doing it a second time is ridiculous, people not knowing what entrance to go in for their seat number is an issue that should be addressed.  In the east stand at least, the board saying which seat numbers the entrance 'serves' is hidden behind where the steward stands.  If this is a genuine issue for people, the club should take notice and assess where to place this information should be placed to make it more visible for the supporters.

Clearly when you have a season ticket you know where to go, but if you go as and when you can you are unlikely to be in the same seat each time to know which entrance to use.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Apart from the usual quota of illiterate, innumerate dullards wandering aimlessly up and down the staircases for 10 minutes at the start and end of each half baffled by the alpha-numeric seat identification and the tame defeat; this FFA£5 passed quite painlessly.  We ducked and side-stepped our way through the turnstile queues and were hardly kept waiting - props to the East Stand turnstile steward for her vigorous and helpful attention plus genuinely warm greetings - the scrum at the food kiosk was shallow enough to make purchase of chips eminently possible in the minutes prior to kick-off - even the obvious nubes in front of me in that scrum were cheerfully looking forward to getting soaked as their tickets were in Row B and it was gonna be heaving down  - the inevitable toe crushing selfishness of the alcoholic in our row with the prostrate problems was in full effect but he's there almost every week - arsehole.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Whilst doing it a second time is ridiculous, people not knowing what entrance to go in for their seat number is an issue that should be addressed.  In the east stand at least, the board saying which seat numbers the entrance 'serves' is hidden behind where the steward stands.  If this is a genuine issue for people, the club should take notice and assess where to place this information should be placed to make it more visible for the supporters.

Clearly when you have a season ticket you know where to go, but if you go as and when you can you are unlikely to be in the same seat each time to know which entrance to use.

We sat in the west upper block Q. have never sat there before. The turnstiles advised for entry on our ticket were closed (21/22) so we queued for ages in the rain at the next ones along. When we got up to the concourse the stair wells were signed 'staircase 10, 11, 12' etc, but no where on our tickets did it say which stair case to use. I went up one that said blocks Q&R and asked the steward if that was our one and showed him my ticket, he said yes. I then called husband up and we went up and our seats were on the end of the aisle right at the other side. Instead of disturbing a whole row we obviously went back down and round and up the next staircase and our seats were restricted view. there was a bar blocking the goal and 6 yard area which could only be seen by either ducking down or standing up. as it turns out, we didn't miss any action or goals in this area but that's not the point. Have sent an email to the club advising them of the mis selling of the seat (appreciate it was only £5 but there were lots of seats not on sale as are deemed restricted view) but surely the stair case info is an easy win? just put (paint or dymo sticker the sign and say which seats are accessible from which stair case).  As i usually buy match day tickets in the same area I haven't really noticed if it's the same as I know where I'm going, but have bought tickets for Saturday and will definitely see if the instructions to the seats are easy to follow rather than just going to the right place because I know where it is. 
  • Options
    I remember years ago we were playing Middlesborough when I had a season ticket and these people were sent along our row in block B by the steward not realising the numbers were going down and they needed higher numbered seats the other side of the tunnel in block A.  Everyone was getting annoyed with these fans (who were clearly Middlesborough fans from their accents) disrupting people one way then disrupting them the other way. Until they realised it was Bob Mortimer.