Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Can’t trust a player with two surnames imo.

Bradley Wright-Phillips?
  • Options
    Much more even second half - both teams lack a cutting edge.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    England tonight. What I want to see from them is being clinical in front of goal. I think this has been a weakness through the tournament of most teams. Of course you can excuse the USA team from that, but their opponents didn't make it hard. I can't see England dominating any team like the US did, but being well organised and taking their chances and we could win it!
  • Options
    Phill Neville will rotate the squad just like Mark Sampson did 4 years ago when from memory 22 out of the 23 squad got on the field by the time of the 3rd and 4th play off match when we won with Williams penalty.

More likely to be about 5 goals for England tonight. I went to Wycombe to see the woman beat Serbia in a euro qualification game a few years back(my son has connections with the Serbian FA since filming crowd scences at Red Star v Partizan) and Serbia parked two buses like the Argentinian team will do tonight. Took a while but 5 or 6 goals came about In the end. The fact that the Japanese couldn't score against Argentina means the win is the importance thing. 5 or more goals is just a bonus.
  • Options
    What I have noticed generally in the competition is a reluctance, even a cowardice to play the killer ball. There are lots of sideways passes to a player in a worse position. I'm sure Neville will stamp on that. The issue is whether we have eleven players who have that ability to pass under pressure. It is easy to pass when not under pressure but the best teams pass where it hurts opponents.

Tonight may give us some clues. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can’t trust a player with two surnames imo.

Bradley Wright-Phillips?
    He's got 3 FFS
  • Options
    What I have noticed generally in the competition is a reluctance, even a cowardice to play the killer ball. There are lots of sideways passes to a player in a worse position. I'm sure Neville will stamp on that. The issue is whether we have eleven players who have that ability to pass under pressure. It is easy to pass when not under pressure but the best teams pass where it hurts opponents.

Tonight may give us some clues. 
    Henry for France does not just score the odd clinical goal that she scored in the 4 nil win but played some lovely passes to the Flying wingers that France have when they just about got pass the improving Norwegians. 
  • Options
    "Scotland try to play good football"

*Scotland pass it around the back for two minutes, then their keeper hoofs it out for a throw*
  • Options
    Not sure how it makes sense for Scotland to drop their best player from the first game but Japan look like a team that doesn't want to score. 
  • Options
    I'll say this. They give the Scotland manager an honour, but she has set up completely wrong for this game.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'll be kicking himself for saying that!
  • Options
    To be fair, there was a nonsense offside against Scotland just beforehand, but Japan deserve the lead
  • Options
    Bring Claire Emslie on and as the commentator has said, up the tempo. It isn't f-ing rocket science!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hope Solo saying how it is.

Scotland lucky to be only 2-0 down.

Japan are very well coached and Scotland by resting Emslie have made a big mistake unless she was injured.

First WC for Scotland and it shows.
    Two poor 1st halves have cost Scotland dearly.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    What Scotland were doing is the same as a lot of teams - South Africa were the same the other day. Instead of looking to hurt opponents their defenders were looking for the easy pass. There is always an easy pass and it is easy because it does nothing for you. You end up playing it sidewards, then backwards until you give it away as there are only so many passes you can make without cocking up - even easy ones. It is cowards football and it doesn't get you anywhere. One solution is to push players up so they can't do it. 

• Options
    Strange tactics from Scotland.

If you have players from Chelsea, Arsenal Man city, why did Scotland play so passive for 60 minutes against England and 65 minutes against Japan ?

Kim Little playing as the Defensive midfielder after seeing her get so many assists for Arsenal was a waste.

Scotland have been unlucky with every decision going against them in both boxes.

But they haven't played to their potential for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Quite simply they have a crap manager. She thought their game plan was working well in the first half - it was a disaster. Of course she has just been honoured but that is typical of our nation. They should sack her and give the American pundit her job. 
  • Options
    Yet again VAR helps referee to make right decision. Twice already in Jamaica v Italy match.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yet again VAR helps referee to make right decision. Twice already in Jamaica v Italy match.
    Seen people moaning on twitter, but dont understand why.

The new rule says if a keeper moves off the line and saves it the penalty will be retaken, she moved off her line so had to be retaken
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yet for some reason not used for a blatant hand ball against Japan which should have been a penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    Yet for some reason not used for a blatant hand ball against Japan which should have been a penalty.
    It was used, VAR is always in use and is always looked at, they just decided it wasnt handball
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    It was used, VAR is always in use and is always looked at, they just decided it wasnt handball
    Well then who ever used it was an idiot or corrupt. 
  • Options
    Horrible goalkeeping again there.
  • Options
    How was that not a penalty for Scotland when it hit the outstretched arm?  Was it explained on the TV?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Jamaica look quite good going forward until they have to deliver the killer pass or shot.

Their defence is poor at times.  The right back is being left completely exposed.
  • Options
    You will notice the difference between the professional keepers like Bardsley at  Man city where they use the same facilities as the men and have a goalkeeping coach and the amateurs who have to rely on an ordinary coach.

• Options
    Italy have some fire power, great pass for the 5th goal. Two games, two wins.
    Harder tests to come but beating the Aussies was impressive.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Four chances for this game.
    Telford the sweeper keeper comes in.
    Moore for Walsh
    McManus for Bright.
    Taylor for White.

• Options
    Who is our girl walking out with horrendous false eyelashes? Should be hooked before game starts.
  • Options
    Who is our girl walking out with horrendous false eyelashes? Should be hooked before game starts.
    It might look a bit incongruous but I'd say she's earned the right to wear whatever makeup she wants.