Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Jodie Taylor is the big game player.
    Need to see a 90 minute performance.
  • Options
    Who is our girl walking out with horrendous false eyelashes? Should be hooked before game starts.
    It might look a bit incongruous but I'd say she's earned the right to wear whatever makeup she wants.
    Noticed a couple of England players wearing pretty heavy make up in the first match against Scotland.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Who is our girl walking out with horrendous false eyelashes? Should be hooked before game starts.
    It might look a bit incongruous but I'd say she's earned the right to wear whatever makeup she wants.
    Noticed a couple of England players wearing pretty heavy make up in the first match against Scotland.
    Alex Greenwood and Toni Duggan are the queens of eyelashes.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    You should see LB in full makeup.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Laura Bassett or Lee Bowyer?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Laura Bassett or Lee Bowyer?
    Obviously Lee...
  • Options
    Great save... terrible penalty though!!
  • Options
    TForeverAddickted said:
    This.
  • Options
    England far stronger but that could come back to bite us on the arse.  Reminds me of the "golden generation".  
  • Options
    Not football, but watch this catch. Like Jonty Rhodes in his pomp.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/48630928

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have to say Argentina don't look like scoring.  Or even having a shot.  So England have to be adventurous and be prepared to push women forward.
  • Options
    England far stronger but that could come back to bite us on the arse.  Reminds me of the "golden generation".  
    This sort of game is why I was so impressed with England's win over Panama last summer... i.e. we tore them apart

tonight it seems a similar gulf between the teams like last year yet this time its the England of old that would struggle against Algeria etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    There is a major difference in the technique of our girls passing to theirs, the swing of the leg seems more precise from Neville's team. Seems across the side, obviously coached and not a thing I've noticed in the men's game.
  • Options
    I think I'd have been tempted to issue a red for that if I was the ref.
  • Options
    Argentina keeper is good
  • Options
    Another great save... their 'keeper is MOTM so far
  • Options
    This 'keeper could be the new Jan Tomaszewski.
  • Options
    Their keeper was awful in the last game....
  • Options
    Another great save... their 'keeper is MOTM so far
    Do they have WOTM?
  • Options
    There is a major difference in the technique of our girls passing to theirs, the swing of the leg seems more precise from Neville's team. Seems across the side, obviously coached and not a thing I've noticed in the men's game.
    Yep it is noticable that swing but maybe thats a physical thing? Im not sure. Our passing is good just need a goal or Argies carry on sitting back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching this with my girls and really trying to get into it......bit I just can’t 
  • Options
    Watching this with my girls and really trying to get into it......bit I just can’t 
    Never mind.
  • Options
    Frustrating 1st half for England,
    We knew that Argentina would park two buses. Two great saves by the keeper but England need too find their A game.
    Argentina don't take prisoners but we are better than this and need to show our fitness and extra class.
    We will score at least 2 second half !
  • Options
    Need to take our chances in the second half - can't see Argentina holding out.
  • Options
    I've been trying to work out who Lucy Bronze reminds me of.  Could she be John Terry's long lost sister?
  • Options
    Have you never seen an uninspiring men's game?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    He's Charlton. Of course he has.
    😁
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Exactly - there are far worse men's games than this.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If you had watched Charlton V Hull at The Valley a few years ago as ome of your 1st ever games, you would never had watched football again
  • Options
    If you had watched Charlton V Hull at The Valley a few years ago as ome of your 1st ever games, you would never had watched football again
    Or most of the games under KR...