Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katie Price

Comments

• Options
    not to make excuses or anything for her, but I think The Sun (just for a change) has a lot of culpability here when it comes to KP - I remember the poll they ran in the paper on whether she should get a tit job or not when she was still a teenager... different times and all that if you like but when you look at her now that kind of encouragement was pretty creepy.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Can spot the people who read The Sun from a mile off on this thread
    Not keen on judging people based on the newspaper they read tbh... This was when I was 13 some 25 years ago.  My Dad used to buy it for the racing pull out on a Saturday. Used to hand it to me for the football pull out which at the time was second to none, especially when he was too tight to weigh out for any football magazines.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Smithy said:
    Not keen on judging people based on the newspaper they read tbh... This was when I was 13 some 25 years ago.  My Dad used to buy it for the racing pull out on a Saturday. Used to hand it to me for the football pull out which at the time was second to none, especially when he was too tight to weigh out for any football magazines.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Smithy said:
    That’s nice. 
    Condescending prat 
  • Options
    I used to love the sun, football and racing pull outs were great. Football gossip always been the best. Dear Deidre, page 3. I don’t generally like their views and don’t really read it anymore. They should never be taken seriously but i used to enjoy it (and news of the world on a Sunday). 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Each to their own but I find it weird seeing people regurgitating the bile they’ve read about a z list celebrity they’ve never met. Not saying she’s a good person but having good sport pages doesn’t really make up for the absolute toxic rag that is The Sun, and the posts on this thread are a good example of what it’s capable of in terms of forming people’s views 
    Did you even read my post at the top of the page? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smithy said:
    Each to their own but I find it weird seeing people regurgitating the bile they’ve read about a z list celebrity they’ve never met. Not saying she’s a good person but having good sport pages doesn’t really make up for the absolute toxic rag that is The Sun, and the posts on this thread are a good example of what it’s capable of in terms of forming people’s views 
    My response wasn’t aimed at you and didn’t realise you’d posted that so that’s my mistake. Point stands though 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Smithy said:
    My response wasn’t aimed at you and didn’t realise you’d posted that so that’s my mistake. Point stands though 
    fair enough, it felt like it was, particularly with your subsequent replies. 

no harm no foul. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Smithy said:
    fair enough, it felt like it was, particularly with your subsequent replies. 

no harm no foul. 
    It’s was a very sarcy reply from me. Let’s hug and make up 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    On her 6th holiday this year paid for by the press for a few pictures 
    She's taking about having some of her ribs removed now 
    Why is she not paying back those she owes money too?

What is her 'reasoning' for having a rib removed?
    There knocked  & the ribs she's obsessed with changing her appearance  plus she's not well in the head 
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    On her 6th holiday this year paid for by the press for a few pictures 
    She's taking about having some of her ribs removed now 
    Why is she not paying back those she owes money too?

What is her 'reasoning' for having a rib removed?
    There knocked  & the ribs she's obsessed with changing her appearance  plus she's not well in the head 
    Knocked?

I agree about not being well!
    Sorry its meant to say their knocked meaning they won't be getting nothing 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Whatever you think about her or her mental state, she has been caught drink driving.  Also crashed and fled the scene before, then denied driving etc.  Now she drives regularly despite a ban, whatever else is occurring in her life, as a fire-fighter that deals with the consequences of people that have a "few" then think they are ok to drive, I can't think anything but negative thoughts about the woman. 
    If for no other reason than this, she should be locked up. The more she gets away with this, and she has repeatedly got away with this, the more likely something truly horrific will happen whilst she's pissed up behind the wheel. 
  • Options
    Her airbags would go off.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Her airbags would go off.
    They have! minging.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    cfgs said:
    Whatever you think about her or her mental state, she has been caught drink driving.  Also crashed and fled the scene before, then denied driving etc.  Now she drives regularly despite a ban, whatever else is occurring in her life, as a fire-fighter that deals with the consequences of people that have a "few" then think they are ok to drive, I can't think anything but negative thoughts about the woman. 
    If for no other reason than this, she should be locked up. The more she gets away with this, and she has repeatedly got away with this, the more likely something truly horrific will happen whilst she's pissed up behind the wheel. 
    The issue with her getting a custodial sentence is she'll get a book deal out of it and endless interviews. A total ban form any sort of media for 5 years would be more punishment, cost next to nothing and give us all a break! 
  • Options
    I love how if you find a repetitive offending drunk driver a scumbag it’s because you must have read the sun newspaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love how if you find a repetitive offending drunk driver a scumbag it’s because you must have read the sun newspaper.
    Maybe you'd have to read the Sun to find out what she's been up to, as i doubt her antics trouble the Times front page. 
  • Options
    I don't think that's actually what was said though. As heinous a person as she is (and she absolutely IS a rotten piece of work) she probably didn't just spontaneously decide one day to wake up and become a scumbag.

The Sun and other media who encouraged and rewarded her bad behaviour and made it financially beneficial to act in these ways and mitigated the consequences will have made things a whole lot worse.

This is NOT to excuse her bad choices and appalling behavior but chances are if she'd just been ignored and faded into obscurity she'd either have stopped or faced more punishing effects for continuing. The Sun really does have at least a bit of culpability for it.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Maybe you'd have to read the Sun to find out what she's been up to, as i doubt her antics trouble the Times front page. 
    I usually find out from reading this thread....
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    To be fair, she lives quite local to me and it often makes the local news channels and social media. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    thenewbie said:
    I don't think that's actually what was said though. As heinous a person as she is (and she absolutely IS a rotten piece of work) she probably didn't just spontaneously decide one day to wake up and become a scumbag.

The Sun and other media who encouraged and rewarded her bad behaviour and made it financially beneficial to act in these ways and mitigated the consequences will have made things a whole lot worse.

This is NOT to excuse her bad choices and appalling behavior but chances are if she'd just been ignored and faded into obscurity she'd either have stopped or faced more punishing effects for continuing. The Sun really does have at least a bit of culpability for it.
    The Sun never made her do anything. There's a word called no.
    She is totally out of control but they are still encouraging her bad behaviour by keep paying her out for stories holidays knowing she's mentally not well 
    Knowing it will lead to another story 
    Looks like their already started on her daughter princess sadly no doubt encouraged by her mum 

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    thenewbie said:

I know. I specifically said it doesn't excuse it. But at least part of the reason that she chose (of her own free will) to make the choices she made was because she knew she'd get money/fame for doing it.

I'm not saying that she is anything other than a rancid excuse of a human being. But her being wrong doesn't mean that the Sun aren't ALSO wrong.
  • Options
    Like all these parasites if people didn’t read the stuff written or watch the crap on TV then the media wouldn’t report on them. She was one of the 1st people to exploit that and now being a celebrity for doing fuck all is considered a career choice. The woman would skin a turd if it got her in the papers
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    People banging on about the sun but what about itv having her on I’m a celeb and the bbc for having her on numerous things including celebrity masterchef. Surely they’re just as culpable. Anyway, im sure the majority agree she should be inside. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    PopIcon said:
    thenewbie said:

I know. I specifically said it doesn't excuse it. But at least part of the reason that she chose (of her own free will) to make the choices she made was because she knew she'd get money/fame for doing it.

I'm not saying that she is anything other than a rancid excuse of a human being. But her being wrong doesn't mean that the Sun aren't ALSO wrong.
    I disagree, what is wrong to you may not be wrong to Katie Price or even me. She has made a life for herself in the limelight. It's who Katie Price is, she's made more dosh than most and lived a very comfortable lifestyle.

It's not the papers you need to blame, it's the people who read them. People want trash and titillation.