Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum-27/2/19- Minutes released

12346»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    SDAddick said:
    PWR, so apologies if this has been covered.

One for the trust members, but has a fans consortium ever been seriously considered for buying the club? I know there are a lot of things we'd need to go through, and raising the money to maintain the operating costs, let alone the asking price, would be difficult and I don't know that we could do it. 

It might be worth it to try and force Roland's hand. He is not negotiating from a position of strength. His only ploy seems to be to hold the land (which he can't develop anything drastically different on) hostage until we're in a better position financially. But I feel like a fan consortium would really put him under pressure to just give it all away and walk away. 
    Even if we could get to a purchase price, the operating costs would be impossible without a serious backer. 
    Yeah, you're probably right, it's a pipe dream. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    stonemuse said:
    SDAddick said:
    PWR, so apologies if this has been covered.

One for the trust members, but has a fans consortium ever been seriously considered for buying the club? I know there are a lot of things we'd need to go through, and raising the money to maintain the operating costs, let alone the asking price, would be difficult and I don't know that we could do it. 

It might be worth it to try and force Roland's hand. He is not negotiating from a position of strength. His only ploy seems to be to hold the land (which he can't develop anything drastically different on) hostage until we're in a better position financially. But I feel like a fan consortium would really put him under pressure to just give it all away and walk away. 
    Even if we could get to a purchase price, the operating costs would be impossible without a serious backer. 
    Yeah, you're probably right, it's a pipe dream. 
    If only we knew of some Australians who could join the consortium!
  • Options
    Wow.

Just wow.

The proposal is so ludicrous I conclude that this was not the original plan and this was the best they could cobble up for the meeting. 

And lets get get one thing straight. Rolly would pass the so called fit and proper if he applied today. Nothing criminal and has the money.
  • Options
    Why the hell isn’t he cutting his losses and selling on the cheap if it’s been the regret of his life and he’s so desperate to get out?
    You’d surely take £15m or whatever and run
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why the hell isn’t he cutting his losses and selling on the cheap if it’s been the regret of his life and he’s so desperate to get out?
    His ego won’t let him walk away with £15m. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    His ego won’t let him walk away with £15m. 
    Yup, he still wants to prove he knew what he was doing ... at least he did. Hopefully his rant will now change that. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    The EFL buying the club?! What the hell.
    Proper double take reading that bit. Like asking Offcom to take over making Corrie.

Lunacy
  • Options
    razil said:
    we pointed out the likely conflict of interest as a starting point, but to be honest it was so utterly bizarre and almost surreal, it was hard to know what to say/where to look..
    I bet there was a loud thud as everyone's jaws hit the table!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I reckon they should (try to) sell the (whole including land) club to the English Football League. It would be fascinating.
    Who needs a TV with all this entertainment?
  • Options
    Perhaps the EFL should own all the clubs and make us all start with the same amount of money, no one can overspend, call it something like Financial Fair Play .... ooooh, and this guy called Roland Duchatelet could chair it and make sure everyone did as they were told ... because he’s a visionary and it makes total sense. 

Wibble 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The trouble is, he is making our club a laughing stock
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    A quite incredible 'proposal', which really beggars belief. How can LDT keep a straight face whilst putting that forward ? It will surely prompt further incredulity and contempt for Duchatelet in the football world and media - including, hopefully, in his own back yard. For me, this demonstrates the benefit of the FF meetings, however frustrating the ongoing impasse is and I'm grateful to the supporters who devote time and energy to it.

The thought did cross my mind that Roland was taking the piss but I then reminded myself that he has no sense of humour. His insidious plan to retain The Valley and Sparrows Lane has at last been made public. It's also consistent with Cohones' trip to Brisbane Road to see how they managed to incorporate flats in the ground's footprint.

As representatives of the FF made abundantly clear, a separation of the club and its ground is an absolute non-starter. We've been down that road before and any attempt to conclude a deal on that basis would be met with a furious response from Charlton supporters - something which must be made clear to any potential purchaser idiotic enough to give the idea a second thought.

I don't believe for a moment that there are any serious buyers at present. Football clubs always attract 'expressions of interest' and what we are being fed by LDT is Duchatelet's wishful thinking. As has been correctly pointed out by Henry Irving and others, this is entirely inconsistent with the TalkSport interview, when Duchatelet himself said that "there are no negotiations". I interpret that as meaning that he agreed an inflated price in principle a year ago and he is not now prepared to budge from that.

If this situation rolls into the summer, the consequences for the club will be very serious and I think there is likely to be more widespread support for further concerted protests and a Blackpool style boycott.
    And a likely escalation of unlawful protests.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The trouble is, he is making our club a laughing stock
    Not sure he is making the club a laughing stock but he sure as hell is making himself a laughing stock. 
  • Options
    And now it’s out there Roly is a loon, indisputable now, even his most ardent supporters will agree now surely! Actually what are they saying now on that other site?! 
    The EFL must be cracking up in private.  Can’t wait for their response! Pity they can’t take action regarding his mental state! 
  • Options
    At least we can now all agree that Fans Forum meetings are a good thing, after all, how much would you pay to go to Mondays meeting?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    At least we can now all agree that Fans Forum meetings are a good thing, after all, how much would you pay to go to Mondays meeting?
    No, waste of time, no one wants to hear LDT explain today : - )
  • Options
    Ironically this bonkers scenario isn’t uncommon here in Australia. The Australian Football Federation has owned clubs here in the effort to establish regional football clubs. Once they are viable, they get passed on to “new” owners.  I find it laughable myself but here things are a lot different in many ways including clubs not owning their own grounds. Is it possible that the Australian model also exists within Belgium and this is perhaps the nutbags reason for suggesting it? 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    No need to pay. Just invent your own fans' group, like some of the current attendees!
    Pakistani Addicks anyone?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Ironically this bonkers scenario isn’t uncommon here in Australia. The Australian Football Federation has owned clubs here in the effort to establish regional football clubs. Once they are viable, they get passed on to “new” owners.  I find it laughable myself but here things are a lot different in many ways including clubs not owning their own grounds. Is it possible that the Australian model also exists within Belgium and this is perhaps the nutbags reason for suggesting it? 
    ....or perhaps one of the Aussies let it slip.

Someone else to blame Rolly!