Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

BOLLOX!
    There’s a face from the past :)
    Died a few years ago, a down and out. 
    Didn’t know that 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

BOLLOX!
    You got home quickly.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

BOLLOX!
    Didn’t know that 
    Yeah, ended his days down in Crawley way. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

BOLLOX!
    You got home quickly.
    Yeah because I can only post from home can’t I. Jesus. 
    Staggered that your first thought is popping onto another clubs fans site. Can’t blame you though, it is a very good and no doubt more entertaining than the football you serve up. Enjoy.🥰
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

BOLLOX!
    You got home quickly.
    Yeah because I can only post from home can’t I. Jesus. 
    Staggered that your first thought is popping onto another clubs fans site. Can’t blame you though, it is a very good and no doubt more entertaining than the football you serve up. Enjoy.🥰
    Wasn’t even close to being my first thought. 

Agree on the second point. Hopefully that will change with Rowett at the helm 🤞
  • Options
    They have enough about them to stay up. Thompson, Wallace and Bradshaw very good players at this level.
  • Options
    If they go down I’ll put £50 to a charity of millwall fans choice 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Quite possibly the most Millwall response (non-physical) ever seen!!! ;)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Its a wind up mate. Some of the comments are brilliant though. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Its a wind up mate. Some of the comments are brilliant though. 

Are you a closet Charlton fan? Do your Millwall mates know this? first thing in the morning, lunchtime (not long after someone has posted). The only time I have checked out your forum is maybe the week before the game looking at the comments for a laugh!

• Options
    There’s a thread about our match on the millwall board - I reckon one of these 2 is the bloke banging on about how it’s not a big derby for them yet knows every stat and fact about us - they protest too much!!!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    There’s a thread about our match on the millwall board - I reckon one of these 2 is the bloke banging on about how it’s not a big derby for them yet knows every stat and fact about us - they protest too much!!!

Link ?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    You won’t find me saying it’s not a derby. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    It’s the biggest derby u got  - do u think most  West Ham, Leeds, or spurs would sooner beat u than any other team - dream on 
  • Options
    Injuries racking up and Millwall will have the new manager bounce, can't wait for the trip to the Den.... 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Nor me.

You will, however, find me continuously banging the 'it's not a rivalry' drum, much to the weird annoyance of some.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It’s the biggest derby u got  - do u think most  West Ham, Leeds, or spurs would sooner beat u than any other team - dream on 
    You sound like an angry 13 year old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm praying for unseasonal snow, get Grant back on loan from Huddersfield for just this one game for added symmetry, and then we might just have a chance.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If you’d ever attended one of our games v West Ham you’d see that most West Ham would definitely sooner beat us than anyone else. Some of their Johnny come lately fans will say spurs, but the vast majority of their traditional support will tell you it’s Millwall. Did you see their reaction when they beat us with a few minutes remaining in the league cup a few years ago? They had numerous mass pitch invasions. Bearing in mind we was just a L1 club then. 

As for Leeds, no one’s saying they’re our main rivals, obviously they hate Man U the most and for us it’s West Ham. We do class each other as rivals though, because of the history in the past 20 years. They voted us as their third biggest rival in one of those polls, behind Man U and Huddersfield. 

Re Spurs, of course they’re not our rivals. On the rare occasions we play them it gets a bit feisty but in between those game a we’re not on each others radar. 

Personally, after West Ham,  always felt that ouR games v palace have more of a derby feel to them than our games v Charlton. I don’t know why that is, but it just is. 

Again though I’ll reiterate, Millwall v Charlton IS a derby. Just not a fierce one. 

I’ve got no reason to lie about this. I’m happy to admit palace are a rival so why wouldn’t I about Charlton if that was the case? 

I thought you were talking a bit of sense, but then you say games vs Palars have more of a feel to them? that's a new one! bravo, dismiss it, but you and palars are our main rivals (and a derby)  and we are probably one of yours however you dress it up. Maybe Chelsea & West Ham above, probably due to the hooligan aspect, that's the only reason you can class Leeds as rivals too.
  • Options
    We have to face up to it....we’re just not hard enough  :(
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    You sound like an angry 13 year old.

dream on
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If you’d ever attended one of our games v West Ham you’d see that most West Ham would definitely sooner beat us than anyone else. Some of their Johnny come lately fans will say spurs, but the vast majority of their traditional support will tell you it’s Millwall. Did you see their reaction when they beat us with a few minutes remaining in the league cup a few years ago? They had numerous mass pitch invasions. Bearing in mind we was just a L1 club then. 

As for Leeds, no one’s saying they’re our main rivals, obviously they hate Man U the most and for us it’s West Ham. We do class each other as rivals though, because of the history in the past 20 years. They voted us as their third biggest rival in one of those polls, behind Man U and Huddersfield. 

Re Spurs, of course they’re not our rivals. On the rare occasions we play them it gets a bit feisty but in between those game a we’re not on each others radar. 

Personally, after West Ham,  always felt that ouR games v palace have more of a derby feel to them than our games v Charlton. I don’t know why that is, but it just is. 

Again though I’ll reiterate, Millwall v Charlton IS a derby. Just not a fierce one. 

I’ve got no reason to lie about this. I’m happy to admit palace are a rival so why wouldn’t I about Charlton if that was the case? 

I want to beat millwall more than any other team because half of my mates and people i associate with support millwall - and also because i've been on the wrong end of so many of our games. It's a true local derby to me, maybe because of where i do and have always lived - Eltham / Sidcup area. Most Millwall i know don't dislike Charlton and most have also been to loads of Charlton games. No, there is no big hooligan thing but that's not what i go to football for but of course we're all different.  

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Its a local Derby as opposed to a Rivalry to me, I feel sick on the day of the game and am desperate for any type of result, I know plenty of Millwall fans and get on fine with them.

Palace is not a real local Derby, I don't have any Palace mates yet I do detest every part of them, so much so I would be happy to never play them or have to visit Selhurst Park again. 

Life seems natural and I am far happier when we are above Millwall in the table, equally I am very comfortable being an 'anorak' as opposed to a 'herbert' if we are blanket stereotyping, (a load of old bollocks these days as both sets of supporters live in the same new towns or suburbs anyway).  

Just my opinion and I know plenty of valued posters on here who have the opposite view, (i.e. hate Millwall and couldn't care about Palace) 

For me, despite our very poor record against our near neighbours, the South London El Classico is the first game I look for when the fixtures are released. Its the one I miss most when we are kicking about league one and where strange outfits like Gillingham or Wimbledon crave our attention.        
    Totally agree
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @SE7toSG3 and @DOUCHER I don’t think we’re disagreeing too much on this. 
  • Options
    I don’t think London derbies are like 2 club cities anyway, where the city is genuinely divided between 2 closely matched sides like Manchester or sheffield or derbies between 2 nearby one club cities, Newcastle/Sunderland, Pompey/Soton etc

It’s not as if the whole of SELondon will be dominated by our match, as many people will probably care more about how Arsenal or West Ham do