Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    I said start of the season that Jed Wallace, their man who can find the net when they need it most, going is a big blow and they could struggle without the right recruiting.

However, they’ve had arguably the three toughest away games in the league it’s no wonder they’ve hit a rough patch.  I think they’ll be sweet, they’ll go back to basic building from the back and get a the wins they need at the den being solid and having just enough to find the net when required.  
  • Options
    I said start of the season that Jed Wallace, their man who can find the net when they need it most, going is a big blow and they could struggle without the right recruiting.

However, they’ve had arguably the three toughest away games in the league it’s no wonder they’ve hit a rough patch.  I think they’ll be sweet, they’ll go back to basic building from the back and get a the wins they need at the den being solid and having just enough to find the net when required.  
    Agree this is pretty much spot on but the thread was defo worth a bump! And if they do happen to lose on Saturday you never know...
  • Options

Good post and I think you’re right. It does seem we are badly missing Jed. The strange thing is though, when he was out injured last season for a fairly long period we went on one of our best runs of the season. Nothing really makes sense in football does it. 
  • Options
    They will be absolutely fine unfortunately, seen a lot of their fans calling for Rowett to be sacked! They’ve had a couple of flirts with play off contention and all of a sudden think they’re more than what they are, bizarre 
    I don’t think it’s a case of thinking they’re more than they are. You’ll struggle to find a Millwall fan who has that attitude. Most revel on the ‘small club punching above our weight’ ethos. 

It’s just they find Rowett too negative. That’s the main gripe spouted by the Rowett out brigade. Having Rowett in charge is like “driving with the handbrake on” is how I’ve just read it described on MO. They’re worried the talent we currently have at the club isn’t  being fully utilised. 
    I read your post match twitter thread feed and it suggests otherwise, most of the comments were complaints about negative football or saying he needs to go etc. 

last 4 seasons: survived relegation, 8th, 11th, 9th. I would say Millwall as a club are well punching atm, where else do your fans expect to be, is Millwalls squad even good enough for promotion? If he was sacked you’d be straight back down to league 1 within 2 seasons, he’s doing a great job 
  • Options

Good post and I think you’re right. It does seem we are badly missing Jed. The strange thing is though, when he was out injured last season for a fairly long period we went on one of our best runs of the season. Nothing really makes sense in football does it. 
    I noticed this, football is a funny old game in that sense, you can draw parallels with United and Ronaldo, the best player the world has ever had but he seems to make the team worse.  

The championship bubble is ending IMO, there’s slowly becoming a bigger gap between the haves and the have nots in terms of budget and as we can all see there are about 5/6 yo-yo teams who seem to only get stronger (once in the 2nd tier), shame really, from your POV if millwall are to ever make a go of it it has to be soon. 
  • Options
    How much longer before PL 2 ? There was a short window when we might just have made the cut. Sadly we’re a very long way from that possibility. 
  • Options
    8th place in the 3rd Division? Don't think we're in a place to take the piss out of anyone at the moment.
    Completely agree, when I see us giggling at palace when they let a last minute goal in against United or arsenal I think wtf is there to giggle at, I’d love to concede a 93rd minute winner at a full valley to United right now.  
  • Options
    They will be absolutely fine unfortunately, seen a lot of their fans calling for Rowett to be sacked! They’ve had a couple of flirts with play off contention and all of a sudden think they’re more than what they are, bizarre 
    I don’t think it’s a case of thinking they’re more than they are. You’ll struggle to find a Millwall fan who has that attitude. Most revel on the ‘small club punching above our weight’ ethos. 

It’s just they find Rowett too negative. That’s the main gripe spouted by the Rowett out brigade. Having Rowett in charge is like “driving with the handbrake on” is how I’ve just read it described on MO. They’re worried the talent we currently have at the club isn’t  being fully utilised. 
    I read your post match twitter thread feed and it suggests otherwise, most of the comments were complaints about negative football or saying he needs to go etc. 

last 4 seasons: survived relegation, 8th, 11th, 9th. I would say Millwall as a club are well punching atm, where else do your fans expect to be, is Millwalls squad even good enough for promotion? If he was sacked you’d be straight back down to league 1 within 2 seasons, he’s doing a great job 
    I’m a bit confused. Did you actually read my post before replying to it? Because most of your reply is pretty much what I said. 

Btw, I personally don’t want Rowett out. I never said I did. I’m just saying that those who do want him gone do so because they don’t like his negative tactics. Not because we believe, as a club, we should be higher than we are. Thought I made that clear in my post. 
  • Options

I’m a bit confused. Did you actually read my post before replying to it? Because most of your reply is pretty much what I said. 

Btw, I personally don’t want Rowett out. I never said I did. I’m just saying that those who do want him gone do so because they don’t like his negative tactics. Not because we believe, as a club, we should be higher than we are. Thought I made that clear in my post. 
    Yeah you basically confirmed what I said and then I confirmed it again and now you’re reconfirming it? 

Your club is punching above it’s weight, has done for at least 3 seasons, I’ve said it’s laughable that your fans want him out and if he was to go, you’d go down, irrespective of how the football is looking. 

Thanks for the concern if I can understand words though, fair play mate 👍🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OG top goal scorer for them so far this season.
  • Options
    Millwall need to sack Rowett asap if they are to progress to the next level.

Downwards that is.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Yeah you basically confirmed what I said and then I confirmed it again and now you’re reconfirming it? 

Your club is punching above it’s weight, has done for at least 3 seasons, I’ve said it’s laughable that your fans want him out and if he was to go, you’d go down, irrespective of how the football is looking. 

Clear as mud. Especially that last line 😂

you said the stuff you read on Twitter would “suggest otherwise” which would imply that what you read was contrary to what I said. It wasn’t. 😆

• Options

Surely that would depend on who we brought in to replace him? 🤷🏻
  • Options

Surely that would depend on who we brought in to replace him? 🤷🏻
    Pardue hopefully 
  • Options
    Millwall are now a well run club that’s found a strategy that keeps them competitive in The Championship without risking financial ruin. No mean feat. Berylson is sensible and Rowett is a steady Eddie. I did think that they may have had a slim chance of playoffs this season but I think I was wrong there. I still think they’ll finish comfortably mid table I’m now off to gargle with soap and water 
  • Options
    They’ll win at the weekend and then those calling for Rowetts head will be getting frothy about the playoffs. Muppets 
    Sounds like everyone oh here to be honest.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    It’s crowded down there yes but they’re only one point above the drop following last night’s 2-0 defeat to QPR at the Den.

They have lost the second most games in the league so far with five defeats from nine played. Only Huddersfield have more with six defeats.
  • Options
    Comes to something the only bit of light this season could be them going down, but then that'll ruin next season as well when they take the usual piss and 6 points and take a promotion spot away from us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comes to something the only bit of light this season could be them going down, but then that'll ruin next season as well when they take the usual piss and 6 points and take a promotion spot away from us
    That’s presuming you stay up this season 😉
  • Options
    Can’t see Millwall going down.  I mentioned somewhere a few weeks ago, it would be hard this season on the basis that expectation would be up a notch after last season.  Not for all fans, but naturally for some.  The Championship is hell to get out of now.  It’s changed so much because of the parachute payments.  

If you’re a fan and look at the business Millwall have done at the start of the season you would say, decent, spent £1.5m on a forward.  Okay, lost Wallace but they couldn’t do anything about that.  Even spending £1.5m doesn’t touch the sides now.  It’s crazy how much money is swilling around at the top end of the Championship.  It won’t be like last year, but imagine having to try and get out of a league that Mitrovic played in.  Impossible for so many clubs.  There’s now a core of Championship clubs that probably want to be like a core of Prem clubs, and success is just staying in the division 
  • Options
    them going down and us staying up are the targets this year - sad but true 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I'd rather them stay up for the time being as we know thats 4-6 points dropped automatically 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I'd rather them stay up for the time being as we know thats 4-6 points dropped automatically 
    I’ll take my chances - always want them relegated 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Luckily for us our ‘blip’ is occurring early in the season. If Rowett doesn’t sort it out in the next couple of months and we’re still around the relegation zone a few months in, he’ll be replaced. 

Our squad has enough about it to easily avoid relegation, with the right man at the helm, getting the best out of them. 
  • Options
    They'll stay up, probably by keeping their heads just above water most of the season then going on a run right at the end, like us in 13/14. 

TBH these days if I had a choice to relegate either palarse or millwall, Id pick the nigels. 
  • Options
    This is an era when Millwall are close to their ‘ceiling’ which apart from two seasons in the late 80’s is the top end of the second tier. 

In modern football things change quickly as we saw with Barnsley last season. I don’t know enough about their current side to make an analysis, but I do rate Rowett as a good manager who should keep them out of the bottom three.
  • Options
    It's really hard as a smaller club, to repeat a good season in the Championship. Barnsley had one good season, lost their manager and best players then went down the next. Huddersfield are in danger of repeating that.

Luton and Millwall have had more stability, but both are slightly underperforming this season after overperforming last season.