Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    Amazes me that some of the Millwall lot are calling for Rowett's head already.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Amazes me that some of the Millwall lot are calling for Rowett's head already.
    I’m not in the Rowett out camp yet, but playing devils advocate, they’ll say it isn’t just this season. Take the tail end of last season as well, over the last 12 games it’s been relegation form. Add to that the dire football (it can be really tedious at times), the baffling formations and the failure to utilise our flair players, I can see why people are turning. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Bumped this as I need some cheering up today. Not that I think for one second that relegation is remotely on the cards but after last season’s heroic efforts and missing out on the playoffs by the smallest of margins its reassuring to see the spanner’s reverting to type and calling for Rowett’s head so early in the campaign. I think repeating last seasons over achieving was always going to be tough for Millwall but a very secure mid table position looks to me at least the very worst they can expect. 
    hope not - i think they are in a relegation nosedive - one of the few positives at the moment 

As things stand, I’d say you have more chance of relegation than us this season. We haven’t become a bad team over night, and we actually strengthened in the summer. There’s just something not right in the camp at the moment. Get that sorted, whatever it may be, and we’ll be fine. Probably nearer not mid table than the play offs but no where near relegation. 

For the record, I don’t think either of us will get relegated. But if I had to have money on one it would be your lot (can feel a little charity bet coming up 😁)
    Not interested in a bet but I’m quite confident we will finish higher in league 1 than u do in the championship - there is no way we will be relegated but I think you could - quite a few of your fairweathers I know who decided to get a season ticket for the first time in years for this season are regretting it already and ensure me u r poor 
  • Options
    @MillwallFan @Big_Bad_World I'm curious how Nisbet is doing.

Was surprised to see he hadn't scored a league/cup goal yet as he seemed to be banging them in during the friendlies.

Honestly thought he was gonna get 20+ goals this season for you lot seemed a very good signing when you got him, still early on so wondered why he hadn't scored yet, is it a case of still settling down or does it seem like the Championship is to much of a step up for him
  • Options
    I play golf with Rowett's Dad.
    Gary and the Chairman had a very good relationship.
    The new Chairman goes to the Chief Exec now - it's all changed and the new Chairman doesn't love Millwall like his Dad did.....
  • Options
    @MillwallFan @Big_Bad_World I'm curious how Nisbet is doing.

Was surprised to see he hadn't scored a league/cup goal yet as he seemed to be banging them in during the friendlies.

Honestly thought he was gonna get 20+ goals this season for you lot seemed a very good signing when you got him, still early on so wondered why he hadn't scored yet, is it a case of still settling down or does it seem like the Championship is to much of a step up for him
    It’s hard to tell to be honest. Because the way Rowett is currently setting us up he gets very little service. Just feeding off scraps. Pre season we was playing with a bit of freedom. 
  • Options
    I think the level of expectation Their fans have makes it seem worse then what it is
    From the outside looking in I think he has done a decent job up to now 
    & he needs them to get off his back & get behind him but they don't have none of it if they loose against Stoke 
    They will give him so much stick he will have had enough & walk
    I watched his interview after the Norwich game you could see he's well hurt by their actions 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    I think the level of expectation Their fans have makes it seem worse then what it is
    From the outside looking in I think he has done a decent job up to now 
    & he needs them to get off his back & get behind him but they don't have none of it if they loose against Stoke 
    They will give him so much stick he will have had enough & walk
    I watched his interview after the Norwich game you could see he's well hurt by their actions 
    Our levels of expectation are really not that high. We don’t expect to be challenging at the top of the table. We all know ours is one of the smallest budgets in the league. 

What we dont expect is to play so defensively at home with 5 at the back against a bang average Bristol City team. Away from home against someone like Norwich (who he happened to revert back to a back four against!) we could understand, but not at home against teams we should be looking to beat. That’s not the Millwall way. 
    I still think he’s got enough in the bank to have at least ten games to sort it out, but some of his decisions baffle me at times. 

Oh, and for the record I think the chants aimed at him up at Norwich were bang out of order. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes your dammed if you do & dammed if you don't but it's results that count 
    Given time he will work out the best way forward but I reckon you need another CB in 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Wellred said:
    Sometimes your dammed if you do & dammed if you don't but it's results that count 
    Given time he will work out the best way forward but I reckon you need another CB in 
    Yeah you could be right. Missing Cresswell. Our bad run coincided with him getting injured towards the end of last season and now he’s back at Leeds. 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Yeah you could be right. Missing Cresswell. Our bad run coincided with him getting injured towards the end of last season and now he’s back at Leeds. 
    Top player you should have gone all out to buy him Leeds would have taken a decent offer it's money in the bank 
    You lost Murray at the end to didn't help
     Matters could have seen you over the line 
    But I do think GR is still finding the right balance trying to fit the new players in with the old as you have plenty of quietly in your side & once he sorts out your best 11 & Shape for them it will click
    That's why I think your fans should get behind him rather then on his back 
    One thing I do like about him his honest doesn't give it yea but no but & addresses what's going wrong 

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Top player you should have gone all out to buy him Leeds would have taken a decent offer it's money in the bank 
    But I do think GR is still finding the right balance trying to fit the new players in with the old as you have plenty of quietly in your side & once he sorts out your best 11 & Shape for them it will click
    One thing I do like about him his honest doesn't give it yea but no but & addresses what's going wrong 

Yeah I agree with all that. I admire your knowledge on all things ‘Wall 😁
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Yeah, he'll be changing his username to Wallred any day now. 
    Don’t scare em off - be nice to discuss their relegation over the season 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Kips said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Even though my loyalty has been pushed to it's limits at times like ground shearing changing our nickname & all the crap  with our owners I still am 
    Charlton through & through & always will be 

• Options
    I think managers like Rowett become a bit more conservative with each season they spend in the game.  In a way, it’s worse when he has a season like last season and there’s an expectation to keep it at a similar level or kick on.  I recall Millwall having a bad start last year and he turned it around, but sometimes it can go the other way and nerves creep in and as to Millwall Fan’s point, everything becomes about not getting beat, rather than winning games.  

• Options
    edited August 2023
    DOUCHER said:
    Kips said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Will be very happy to do that discussion with you Doucher lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    cabbles said:
    I think managers like Rowett become a bit more conservative with each season they spend in the game.  In a way, it’s worse when he has a season like last season and there’s an expectation to keep it at a similar level or kick on.  I recall Millwall having a bad start last year and he turned it around, but sometimes it can go the other way and nerves creep in and as to Millwall Fan’s point, everything becomes about not getting beat, rather than winning games.  

Curbs was similar, think back to the 1st season when we were relegated and the first couple of seasons after we won the league and compare that to his last couple of seasons.....though that well may have been down to the personnel at his disposal and of course the loss of Scott Parker.
  • Options
    Rowett eats in my restaurant once a month or so, always tempted to spike his drink with chilli oils whenever he's in. Juvenile I know but he's part of the Scum so a little bit of rage bubbles up whenever he walks in. (He's actually a really lovely guy and so are his wife and kids)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Curbs was similar, think back to the 1st season when we were relegated and the first couple of seasons after we won the league and compare that to his last couple of seasons.....though that well may have been down to the personnel at his disposal and of course the loss of Scott Parker.
    Yes, and for me there are a couple of nuances.  One being that we were in a league where we could’ve been relegated at any point, therefore it was in his best interests to be more conservative.  Two, football was very different then when compared to the money and what players are paid now.  Don’t get me wrong, he was still competing with top clubs and having to pay decent money in wages, but if you compare it to Millwall or any other Championship club with their budget, the money some of the top end clubs like Leicester are paying are obscene.  Even the likes of Cardiff/Stoke who have come down and stayed down now for a couple of years, are probably paying some players 20k a week.  

that’s a big ask for Millwall or any other similar size club to compete with.  The jobs that Luton and Coventry have done have been outstanding 
  • Options
    Millwall being battered at home by Leeds
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Excellent score so far 👍. The calls for Rowetts head will be ringing loud. 
  • Options
    Gary’s doing a magnificent job at Milllwall, he should stay in the post.