Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    All jokes aside, shit like this is beyond cringeworthy. But I console myself in the fact that it’s only a hundred or so dickheads within a crowd of 18k. 
    Are the dickheads the ones doing it or the ones that stay out of it? 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Excellent score so far 👍. The calls for Rowetts head will be ringing loud. 
    It wasn't great, admittedly.

However, it's a bit rich to hear from a Charlton fan about calling for a managers head  :D

We've had 5 full time managers in 16 years. I think you've had that many this season alone  ;)
    All jokes aside he must be under serious pressure.

Rotherham (2 points) and Swansea (1 point) are the next 2 visitors to the Den. If you don't get at least 4 points from them he'll be in big trouble as your October fixtures are tough.
    Yeah, he's under pressure alright. Rightly so as well. He's been given more money to spend than any manager before him. He's broken our tiny transfer record 4 times and has the team playing some of the most negative football I've seen in a while. He loves a defensive midfielder and is devoid of giving the team any form of attacking outlets.

It says something when your only attacking outlet is a right back on loan from Arsenal.

Trouble is, it's not as if we haven't got the players to mix it up. He seems so scared of trying something different that he's painted himself in to a corner of being completely defence focused.

Even the coaching team are all of the defensive mould.

We played 2 strikers on Sunday and backed them up with 3 centre backs and 3 defensively minded central midfielders. Take in to account the keeper and that only leaves 2 wing-backs to support those 2 forwards. We didn't stand a chance.

Loving this. Sounds like Millwall lose their next game, Rowatt goes and if the fans get their way an attack minded coach comes in.  You will get pummelled each week and we will have a derby to look forward to again next season in L1. 🤣
    Someone's confident of staying up themselves 🤣

It's not even about completely switching to all out attack. It's about getting someone in that has more than one plan and is able to utilise the players at their disposal.

Even we haven't seen what us attacking looks like so the 'pummelled' prediction is massively premature...but not necessarily inaccurate
     :D I'd rather finish 15th - bottom trying to play football and have a go than finish 15th - bottom playing this passive brand of football that seems to be born out of staleness as much as the management being devoid of ideas.
  • Options
    To be fair it’s hard to see Millwall losing home games against Rotherham and Swansea whose results so far have been dire. Worst case scenario to me looks like four points. Hopefully I’m wrong but I think Millwall will be comfortable mid table. 
  • Options
    Excellent score so far 👍. The calls for Rowetts head will be ringing loud. 
    It wasn't great, admittedly.

However, it's a bit rich to hear from a Charlton fan about calling for a managers head  :D

We've had 5 full time managers in 16 years. I think you've had that many this season alone  ;)
    All jokes aside he must be under serious pressure.

Rotherham (2 points) and Swansea (1 point) are the next 2 visitors to the Den. If you don't get at least 4 points from them he'll be in big trouble as your October fixtures are tough.
    Yeah, he's under pressure alright. Rightly so as well. He's been given more money to spend than any manager before him. He's broken our tiny transfer record 4 times and has the team playing some of the most negative football I've seen in a while. He loves a defensive midfielder and is devoid of giving the team any form of attacking outlets.

It says something when your only attacking outlet is a right back on loan from Arsenal.

Trouble is, it's not as if we haven't got the players to mix it up. He seems so scared of trying something different that he's painted himself in to a corner of being completely defence focused.

Even the coaching team are all of the defensive mould.

We played 2 strikers on Sunday and backed them up with 3 centre backs and 3 defensively minded central midfielders. Take in to account the keeper and that only leaves 2 wing-backs to support those 2 forwards. We didn't stand a chance.
    Nailed it
  • Options
    The people in that video were probably West Ham supporting journalists disappointed that the game wasn’t against Portsmouth.
    No Millwall fan need react because as they repeatedly collectively sing, ‘We don’t care’.
    It must also have been one of those West Ham supporting journalists we hear in the video of the Leeds players getting off the coach calling somebody a ‘black c**t’. It certainly wasn’t that boy in the police costume in the car with his grandmother (?) doing it now he is grown up, community club of the forever are Millwall.
    Cue the ‘people in glass houses’ reaction.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The people in that video were probably West Ham supporting journalists disappointed that the game wasn’t against Portsmouth.
    No Millwall fan need react because as they repeatedly collectively sing, ‘We don’t care’.
    It must also have been one of those West Ham supporting journalists we hear in the video of the Leeds players getting off the coach calling somebody a ‘black c**t’. It certainly wasn’t that boy in the police costume in the car with his grandmother (?) doing it now he is grown up, community club of the forever are Millwall.
    Pin on Screen caps
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Are you sure about that? Just listened again. I heard c*nt, c*nt again, fat c*nt, useless c*nt, a few more c*nts, but at no point did I hear black c*nt. 

Trying to intimidate the Leeds team (and failing by the looks of it) and all a bit muggy. But at no point racist from what I can hear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I am far too hooked on this video, I've decided my favourite bit is the guy who comes down in the beanie at 00:29 and gets his arms around the shoulders of those two warriors and gives them a momentum boost to carry on with the bouncing and gesturing.

We need some of that, pure unfiltered passion 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I am far too hooked on this video, I've decided my favourite bit is the guy who comes down in the beanie at 00:29 and gets his arms around the shoulders of those two warriors and gives them a momentum boost to carry on with the bouncing and gesturing.

The surprising thing to me is that they allow these in to the Tool Box.

Scotsman Riding Bouncy Ball On Road Pulled Over For DWI  Hyundai Genesis  Forum
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Are you sure about that? Just listened again. I heard c*nt, c*nt again, fat c*nt, useless c*nt, a few more c*nts, but at no point did I hear black c*nt. 

Trying to intimidate the Leeds team (and failing by the looks of it) and all a bit muggy. But at no point racist from what I can hear. 
    Look at your hair you c**t can be added to the list but I agree, I didn't hear any race related c*+ts being used. I might be wrong but I didn't notice any when I listened.
  • Options
    'Selhurst Timber' big advert

gotta be someone having a laugh
  • Options
    Moving this thread back to millwall.....millwall posters, if rowett does get sacked, who would you want as manager?

from a Charlton point of view, I reckon you should go for big mick or get Paul Jewell back into management 😬
  • Options
    Chunes said:

He claps his hands as baseball cap passes him to unite with tigger. He's been waiting for Leeds at home since the fixtures came out and now it's his moment to shine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:

The surprising thing to me is that they allow these in to the Tool Box.

Scotsman Riding Bouncy Ball On Road Pulled Over For DWI  Hyundai Genesis  Forum
    Well, I’ve heard kids these days doing balloons.
  • Options
    Moving this thread back to millwall.....millwall posters, if rowett does get sacked, who would you want as manager?

from a Charlton point of view, I reckon you should go for big mick or get Paul Jewell back into management 😬
    It's a good question. One I haven't really given too much thought to if I'm being completely honest.

Nathan Jones has been mentioned, as has Steve Morison (no I don't know, either, other than 'that Millwall spirit, innit').

Doing a quick search, and using potentially unreliable information, Dean Smith sticks out. He's probably out of our price range and would see us as a step down from where he's at. Jesse Marsch? again, feel like we'd be reaching with that one.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Absolutely didn't happen, and frankly disgraceful that you have suggested it did...
    Play from 42 seconds in. It sounds to me like ‘Piero you c**t, you black c**t’. 
    If I am wrong what is the bloke actually shouting?
  • Options

Heard Warnock is leaving Huddersfield. I’d be happy with him
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Absolutely didn't happen, and frankly disgraceful that you have suggested it did...
    I mean, it's probably the clearest bit on there. "Piroe you c*nt. You fat c*nt".
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I mean, it's probably the clearest bit on there. "Piroe you c*nt. You fat c*nt".
    You’re right, clear as day. 

On another note, wildly embarrassing 😳 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I heard him call out you Woke cnut
    But how do we define woke? 😉
  • Options
    Classic Seth.