Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry's Heroes

Comments

• Options
    I know it was a bit of fun, but does anyone else think the scoreline was fixed ?
    I must admit, I said to my son that it felt a little contrived in the end. 

I got the same sort of feeling when Clarkson, May and Hammond used to race over all terrains in different vehicles across hundreds of miles and end up running up to the finish line with just a few seconds separating them.  Good TV though, I mean ... so is the wrestling eh? 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Paul Walsh on the subs list for the game? And was the Andy Gray the one who played for us? They tried not to show the subs except for Lee Hendrie who they couldn't really avoid

Our Andy Gray played for Scotland. I assume it was the Andy Gray that played for Palace and Spurs.
    That's a good point, lol!
  • Options
    I know it was a bit of fun, but does anyone else think the scoreline was fixed ?
    I must admit, I said to my son that it felt a little contrived in the end. 

I got the same sort of feeling when Clarkson, May and Hammond used to race over all terrains in different vehicles across hundreds of miles and end up running up to the finish line with just a few seconds separating them.  Good TV though, I mean ... so is the wrestling eh? 
    We thought the same. But would the Germans involved agree to that?
  • Options
    Funniest thing was when they were being weighed.

Harry - How much is a kilo
    Parlour - depends what of Harry

Proper quick as well. 

• Options
    addick05 said:
    Funniest bit was Robbie Fowler being forced to wear the flamenco dress! To be fair to him he took it in good spirit - and he still knows where the back of the net is.
    He looked sharper in that match than for the last 10 years of his career 
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    No true professional sportsman would be involved in losing a "fixed" match for the sake of a TV show and especially not a German footballer. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    No true professional sportsman would be involved in losing a "fixed" match for the sake of a TV show and especially not a German footballer. 
    They are not professional sportsmen. They retired 20+ years ago.
    So it was a pure coincidence that the score was the same as the 1966 World Cup final v W Germany ?
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    So it was a pure coincidence that the score was the same as the 1966 World Cup final v W Germany ?
    Of course they are professional sportsmen! Professional doesn't mean just getting paid; which they probably were anyway. Would you tell Paul Walsh that he wasn't a professional sportsman? Or would you just shut the door in his face?

I was going to be a tree surgeon, had to give it up; couldn't stand the sight of sap...
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Riviera said:
    Of course they are professional sportsmen! Professional doesn't mean just getting paid; which they probably were anyway. Would you tell Paul Walsh that he wasn't a professional sportsman? Or would you just shut the door in his face?

I was going to be a tree surgeon, had to give it up; couldn't stand the sight of sap...
    They WERE and yes I would love to shut the door in Walsh's face once again :-)
    If they are then that makes you a Barclays Banker :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:
    Riviera said:

They WERE and yes I would love to shut the door in Walsh's face once again :-)
    If they are then that makes you a Barclays Banker :-)
    I saw Kev last week, he's a Director at Barclays now! 
  • Options
    No. I thought all along this will go to pens, and we will beat them. If they were going to fix it that would have been the fix I think. 

They missed a real good opportunity here to make something of this programme as the underlying stories were fascinating. At the end of the day, it just showed all the reasons why Harry never managed England. 
  • Options
    Great idea, but the whole programme had obviously been sexed up.

Harry taking his wife's passport by mistake was one of the more unbelievable incidents.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Great idea, but the whole programme had obviously been sexed up.

Harry taking his wife's passport by mistake was one of the more unbelievable incidents.
    Sexed up??

Didnt really feel turned on by the people I saw in it
  • Options
    I enjoyed that. Didn't expect to. Thought it was very touching. Especially the wags, bless em. 
  • Options
    Just watched it.  Found it very entertaining
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    As much as I can't stand Redknapp this is very watchable. Should have been El Tel.
     I was going to say I wonder if this thread could avoid pointless Charlton references but it's already been done...
    I can't stand him either but can't recall why! I was concerened when he was touted as the next England manager as I have always thought he was a chequebook manager rather than a good one but not a reason to dislike him.
  • Options
    This is really incidental in the time of 'the virus' .. however, 'arry has a new advert out on commercial radio, extolling the virtues of 'betvictor'  .. the last line of this opus has 'arry saying ..  'gotta go mate, the cat just pissed in me slippers' .. remarkable that this very rich man still is prepared to demean himself in this manner

• Options
    edited March 2020
    This is really incidental in the time of 'the virus' .. however, 'arry has a new advert out on commercial radio, extolling the virtues of 'betvictor'  .. the last line of this opus has 'arry saying ..  'gotta go mate, the cat just pissed in me slippers' .. remarkable that this very rich man still is prepared to demean himself in this manner

Methinks he likes the money.....

(Can someone post that brilliant Loadsamoney GIF of him and Tony Fernandes please?) 
  • Options
    Harrys Heroes: Euro Having a Laugh

Starts on ITV next week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love to ask Harry the backstory to Defoe leaving the club
  • Options
    Harrys Heroes: Euro Having a Laugh

Starts on ITV next week
    Looking forward to it, enjoyed it last year. I see Merson and Ruddock seemingly had a tiff from the trailer haha 
  • Options
    They'd better get it out quickly before Ruddock keels over with a heart attack, the guy weights 150kgs and is getting bigger all the time.

I listened to a podcast the other and an ex-player (I think it was Dominic Matteo) was saying that Ruddock is actually a really decent guy and has a heart of gold.

I am not sure if he a drinking problem or what the nature of his problem is but if you are walking around at 150kgs at 50 years old then you have got no chance of making 60.

I hope he does it but I don't like the chances.
  • Options
    Anyone else watching this
  • Options
    Anyone else watching this
    Yes.
  • Options
    Razor just told a story about a time, he stole a mini bar from Alan Shearers hotel room while Shearer was in the bath, Shearer chased him and some glasses broke, annd Shearer badly cut his little toe and apparently the players and coaches were to pissed to take him to hospital, he was 19 at the time

WTF 
  • Options
    I take it Steve Howey doesn't want to talk to the cameras?
     He played in the last series as well but never got a mention.
  • Options
    Fowler drops out and u need a striker.

Owen isnt a bad player to turn up
  • Options
    Oh my days, too much meat and veg on show!