Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry's Heroes

Comments

• You need a player so bring in a Welshman for an English team lol.

Typical Redknapp
  • edited May 2020
    Who were the extra 5 players he bought in for San Marino

Dave Besant
    Andy Gray
    Michael Grey(don't give him a penalty)

Cant work out the other 2 yet
  • AJaShea99 said:
    He means kilograms.
    Ah - sorry, couldn’t figure that out!
  • Who were the extra 5 players he bought in for San Marino

Dave Besant
    Andy Gray

Paul Walsh & Alan Kennedy I think
  • edited May 2020
    Who were the extra 5 players he bought in for San Marino

Dave Besant
    Andy Gray

Paul Walsh & Alan Kennedy I think
    So with Rob Lee thats 2 ex CAFC involved in the programme 

Obviously John Barnes as well lol but they other 2 are playing
  • Though Lee Hendrie was gonna get sent off there lol
  • In San Marino, and Harry just said its lovely here its a tax haven, Rosie my dog has just opened a bank account 🤣🤣🤣
    Don't laugh he's a fucking crook. End of. 
    Chill out it was just a joke. 
  • Rob Lee is one of the fitter, but at only an inch or so taller and a decade younger than me is 90k+. I am 80k and before lockup was 75k with little exercise.
    Yes, made me feel better although I am carrying more weight than you.

I watched the first episode on catch up last night. When the fitness guy was giving out the weights, Rob Lee actually tipped the scales at 101.3 kilos versus 91.2 the previous year. That’s a hell of a weight gain. That means he was just shy of 16 stone with a height of 5 foot 10 inches. If you feed that into the BMI calculator along with his age of 54 and assume he is a moderate exerciser, he is technically obese. I am 11 years older, 6 inches taller and hover around 95 kilo, so am regarded as overweight but if I could lose 5 pounds (~2 kgs) would be back in the green zone.
  • All very staged and scripted but still good entertainment. Didn’t need the cock fest though...
    I quite enjoyed it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it Steve Howey doesn't want to talk to the cameras?
     He played in the last series as well but never got a mention.
    I presume the producers don't want to spread the story too thin etc and no-one is really that interested in Steve Howey.
    True, but I don't see why many are interested in Lee Hendrie either. 
    But he's had the focus due to his story regarding his mental health etc.
  • Like this. Assumed it would be the usual Harry Redknapp Engerland bollocks but seeing them booze and the talk about the mental health aspects of retirement make it a decent programme. Could see something was up with Hendrie when he always talking of drinking.
  • Final episode tonight, including the big match v Germany 
  • You know what the Germans are like lol, they have probably been training for the past year to get revenge 
  • Over 500 caps in the German squad

Jesus christ
  • I’m in only on episode 2. I feel like Ruddock is a selfish cock but I reckon if you followed Merson around his family holiday in florida last year you would think exactly the same. Alcoholism is a disease. Ruddock is clearly an alchy. It’s impossible for a by stander to understand what is going on in that head. When the camera isn’t there is he depressed? Is it all for show?
  • Come on England
  • edited May 2020
    Cacau was Cackcack
  • edited May 2020
    A couple of times Seaman said it was 100% his last ever game it just felt right like when he retired.

After the game a German player said next time we will change our preparation, so it sounds like they want a 3rd game, if there is a 3rd game next year who will be the keeper.

Ian Walker?
    Tim Flowers?

Dave Bessant was used for the game Seaman was injured this series so maybe him
  • Come on England
    After loling this post I am guessing you didn't cheer Hendries goal like me either @Friend Or Defoe
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed that, good little three parter 
  • Did we win?
  • Off_it said:
    Did we win?
    Yep 1-0
    hendrie tap in after Kevin Phillips shot saved by the keepers legs
  • Off_it said:
    Did we win?
    Give you a clue, it didn't go to penalties.
  • Off_it said:
    Did we win?
    Give you a clue, it didn't go to penalties.
    Yeah but if it did go to penalties all they would have had to do is squeeze their left hands
  • Rob Lee is one of the fitter, but at only an inch or so taller and a decade younger than me is 90k+. I am 80k and before lockup was 75k with little exercise.
    Yes, made me feel better although I am carrying more weight than you.

I watched the first episode on catch up last night. When the fitness guy was giving out the weights, Rob Lee actually tipped the scales at 101.3 kilos versus 91.2 the previous year. That’s a hell of a weight gain. That means he was just shy of 16 stone with a height of 5 foot 10 inches. If you feed that into the BMI calculator along with his age of 54 and assume he is a moderate exerciser, he is technically obese. I am 11 years older, 6 inches taller and hover around 95 kilo, so am regarded as overweight but if I could lose 5 pounds (~2 kgs) would be back in the green zone.
    I've always thought those charts were designed by stick insects. 
    Totally unrealistic. 
  • Fair play to Merson.

My Spurs instinct was to always hate him growing up along with everyone else from that poxy club but another of the ex-Gooners, like Ian Wright, who seems to be a really warm, likeable fella.  I hope for his sake he doesnt fall off the wagon again.

Am surprised to see the direction Ruddock has gone in.  He seemed to show another side to him in Masterchef last year but this larger than life character he portrays on tv is way over the top.  Hopefully the pacemaker gives him a proper reality check that he needs to look after himself, especially with two young kids.
  • Come on England
    After loling this post I am guessing you didn't cheer Hendries goal like me either @Friend Or Defoe
    No I didn't ya freak.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Fair play to Merson.

My Spurs instinct was to always hate him growing up along with everyone else from that poxy club but another of the ex-Gooners, like Ian Wright, who seems to be a really warm, likeable fella.  I hope for his sake he doesnt fall off the wagon again.

Am surprised to see the direction Ruddock has gone in.  He seemed to show another side to him in Masterchef last year but this larger than life character he portrays on tv is way over the top.  Hopefully the pacemaker gives him a proper reality check that he needs to look after himself, especially with two young kids.
    Went to school with Ruddock, he was a year below me. He was (obviously) a class act as a footballer, a whipper snapper of a centre forward at time with no small amount of skill!

Played with him in a local 5-a-side team (The Daleks!!) for a very short while, and against him in the school's 'inter-form' annual 'Cake' cup competition (beat his form in the final one year, winning a dirty great cream cake!). 

He was always a bit of a 'jack the lad' at school, but a very popular and really good bloke, nonetheless. 
  • Carter said:
    I like this programme, it's a vehicle for these blokes who played the greatest game on the world to support each other. Loads of them all booze together and play golf with each other and its underrated how having that support network without realising it is there is valuable. 

Paul Merson was one of the best players I've seen in the flesh, the technique he had was very un-british. I'm glad he has turned his problems around 

Ruddock is an idiot, he reminds me of a good mate of mine and he is also a right horrible bastard to have on a stag do with you. My mate is having a bit of a Ruddock at the moment, overweight, ginger, drinks a phenomenal amount, coupled with the tennis he does as well and an atrocious diet of fried food and full fat dairy. And everyone let's him play right up to it, he is an excellent footballer annoyingly and his body can't handle that anymore which he has been struggling with for years and spends months at a time on crutches. I've tried to help him before and had a similar altercation with him as Merson did with Ruddock, always someone elses fault or can be done tomorrow 
    I don't doubt its meant in a jokey way and I know its still seen as acceptable to separate others out because of the colour of their hair, but for my kids sake, I look forward to the day when its as unacceptable as other ways of describing people...