Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Qualification

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Quite random that Nego is playing for Hungary, never mind scoring for them!
    Why is it random

He is a first team player for the team who finished 2nd in the Hungarian top flight last season
    He’s French though

He Qualifies for Hungary through residency
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Damn... 2-1 Slovakia - 10mins to go
  • Options
    Damn... 2-1 Slovakia - 10mins to go
    Summer off for Conor
  • Options
    Shame for the Northern Ireland team. Slovakia qualify.
  • Options
    Scotland 4-3 up in pens.
    All scored so far......
  • Options
    Congratulations Scotland. See you in the summer.
  • Options
    Scotland qualify on penalties!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Referee is reviewing the penalty save... confirmed legal lol. Scotland do win after all.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Bloody hell, should be a fun match @ Wembley against the old enemy

Really didnt expect them to win those Play-Offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Marshall knew he was off his line and thats why he looked at the referee.

How has he got away with it
  • Options
    edited November 2020

If I remember right the laws say it’s legal as long as one foot is still on the line at the time the ball is kicked? You no longer have to have both feet planted on the line.
  • Options
    Group A
    Turkey 
    Italy 
    Wales 
    Switzerland 

Group B
    Denmark  
    Finland 
    Belgium 
    Russia 

Group C
    Netherlands 
    Ukraine 
    Austria 
    North Macedonia

Group D
    England 
    Croatia 
    Scotland  
    Czech Republic 

Group E
    Spain 
    Sweden 
    Poland 
    Slovakia  

Group F
    Hungary 
    Portugal 
    France 
    Germany 
  • Options

If I remember right the laws say it’s legal as long as one foot is still on the line at the time the ball is kicked? You no longer have to have both feet planted on the line.
    I know that but he had no feet on the line by the look of it, obviously havent seen a close up replay, surprisingly the tv havent shown that(wonder why they dont want to clear it up) but it looked like he didnt have any part of his foot  on the line, as I say he looked straight at the ref so he wasnt sure himself
  • Options
    Lookman can now take comfort in the fact that as Mitrovic has now missed his last two penalties he probably would have done so on Saturday too
  • Options
    Yeah I mean part of me hopes there is no crowds so they all miss their first tournament since 98 😂 That would be bitter sweet if we can’t go.
  • Options
    I've manually scrolled through the video and it seems he has his foot on the line until the absolute instant the ball is kicked
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Back foot still on the line after the ball left Mitrovic’s foot.

• Options
    Scotland, Serbia, Northern Ireland and Slovakia all went to extra time at the semi final stage. Three of them went to penalties. Serbia won in extra time.
    No they bloody didn’t!!

Incredible from Scotland, used to them finding very Scottish ways to not qualify - this time they found a Scottish way to qualify!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scotland, Serbia, Northern Ireland and Slovakia all went to extra time at the semi final stage. Three of them went to penalties. Serbia won in extra time.
    No they bloody didn’t!!

Incredible from Scotland, used to them finding very Scottish ways to not qualify - this time they found a Scottish way to qualify!
    Callum was referring to the Semi-Final games...

Serbia were the only team out of those four who'd got to the Final without needing a penalty shootout
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    No they bloody didn’t!!

Callum was referring to the Semi-Final games...

Serbia were the only team out of those four who'd got to the Final without needing a penalty shootout
    Ah ok - fair enough! 
  • Options
    Group A
    Turkey 
    Italy 
    Wales 
    Switzerland 

Group B
    Denmark  
    Finland 
    Belgium 
    Russia 

Group C
    Netherlands 
    Ukraine 
    Austria 
    North Macedonia

Group D
    England 
    Croatia 
    Scotland  
    Czech Republic 

Group E
    Spain 
    Sweden 
    Poland 
    Slovakia  

Group F
    Hungary 
    Portugal 
    France 
    Germany 
    Groups A-C have 1 strong side then should be a good battle between the rest. 
    D and E have 2 good sides who should qualify but might be a couple of upsets.
    And then there's F. 3 sides who could all win the tournament and poor old Hungary.
  • Options
    ffs Croatia again. 

to get out of our group will be actually pretty difficult. we should but it wont be easy. 
  • Options
    ffs Croatia again. 

to get out of our group will be actually pretty difficult. we should but it wont be easy. 
    England have not won a group at a tournament since 2006. I am pleased we are starting off against Croatia as will be  good test from the start.
  • Options
    ffs Croatia again. 

Croatia seem to be on the decline, I think 2018 was the peak for that group of players
  • Options
    ffs Croatia again. 

Croatia seem to be on the decline, I think 2018 was the peak for that group of players
    It still pisses me off no end whenever I hear Croatia. We should have been at least 2 up at half time in that semi and well on the way to the final.

For me, the biggest missed opportunity football wise since our 1/4 final at home to 'Boro or the Swindon play off semi.
  • Options
    I think we’ve got a pretty good group. We melted away against Czech Rep in our qualifying group but we destroyed them at Wembley. Croatia are not the same level they were and Scotland are Scotland.

The biggest worry is we have one of the Group F teams in the last 16.
  • Options
    ffs Croatia again. 

Two teams go through plus the 4 best third placed teams, all of our games are at Wembley. If we don’t get out of our group it would be a colossal failure.