Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Krystian Bielik has suffered an ankle injury - "Doesn't look good" - Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    Sigh.
  • Options
    Since JFC injury, days before the Season started it one injury after another, or suspensions or loan players going back.
    We had zero chance of one of the seven players on international duty not getting injuries. 
    The curse of Roland will go on till...

• Options
    I wasn’t impressed with a midfield of Cullen, Williams, Reeves and Aribo against Blackpool, albeit that is only 1 game. 

I would quite like us to try Fosu and Marshall in a flat 442 although not a huge fan of the latter. JFCs return for the end of the season might be a big boost if we don’t see Bielik again. 
  • Options
    Good that Williams is almost back

Didnt look good when he went down injured on Thursday
  • Options
    Kristian Bielik plays for Poland's U23 despite being injured and missing the game for Cafc. Was it an England player or a fan who injured Bielik this time ?  
  • Options
    I wasn’t impressed with a midfield of Cullen, Williams, Reeves and Aribo against Blackpool, albeit that is only 1 game. 

I would quite like us to try Fosu and Marshall in a flat 442 although not a huge fan of the latter. JFCs return for the end of the season might be a big boost if we don’t see Bielik again. 
    In my opinion the midfield you have selected would be a disaster. Maybe play those two in the same side if we are playing 3 at the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bielik is class at this level and a shout for POTY, gutted.  But if he’s back in time for the play offs it’s no biggie because I think most will agree that we’re finishing between 3rd and 6th with or without him.
  • Options
    Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. If he played between now and the playoffs I'd bet on him getting injured and missing out. Hopefully he'll be fit just in time to be involved. 
  • Options
    Maybe a chance for Lappo.

We have had so many injuries this season yet (touch wood) still look really good for a play-off place. If we finish in the top 6 with all that has happened then surely Bow has to be manager of the year.
  • Options
    Oh ffs this season has been a joke. He needs to be back for Playoffs.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Bielik is class at this level and a shout for POTY, gutted.  But if he’s back in time for the play offs it’s no biggie because I think most will agree that we’re finishing between 3rd and 6th with or without him.

I would say 5th or 6th, as we will free wheel to the Play offs, to try to keep our injury hit squad fit.
    Beat Bradford then cotton wool and plenty of ice.  Parker, Igor and Fosu must chip in with goals to help the prolific Taylor, Aribo and Reeves !  Assists from Williams would help.
  • Options
    would like to see Dijksteel in centre midfield
    Let us hope he signs a new contract soon
  • Options
    It is what it is :(
  • Options
    What is the expected return date? If he misses a month, I agree, not a bigee given our position in the league. I'm not bothered if we play the first play off game at home or away in all honesty.
  • Options
    We’ve got 3 or 4 really talented midfielders, but I rate him the highest.

On a big Wembley pitch he’d run the game, such shit luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How long is he out for?
  • Options
    would like to see Dijksteel in centre midfield
    Good shout!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    We’ve got 3 or 4 really talented midfielders, but I rate him the highest.

On a big Wembley pitch he’d run the game, such shit luck.
    Any Wembley final would be TWO months away, a bit soon to write him off yet!
  • Options
    “He went for a scan. We don’t know how serious it is yet, but it doesn’t look too good.” - Bowyer
  • Options
    We have a monster midfield for league one, unfortunately we need all of them to be fit. Bielik will be a massive miss.
  • Options

I would say 5th or 6th, as we will free wheel to the Play offs, to try to keep our injury hit squad fit.
    Beat Bradford then cotton wool and plenty of ice.  Parker, Igor and Fosu must chip in with goals to help the prolific Taylor, Aribo and Reeves !  Assists from Williams would help.

Know what you're saying but if you are expecting the afore-mentioned players to suddenly go on a goal-scoring run I think you're going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that the scan results aren’t too bad. He’s a key player imho. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

In my opinion the midfield you have selected would be a disaster. Maybe play those two in the same side if we are playing 3 at the back.
    Reeves, Williams, Cullen and Aribo wouldnt work IMO and definitely didn't against Blackpool. I am not 100% convinced by the diamond because we don't have anyone to play just behind the front 2. Not been massively impressed with Williams, lacks end product. I would certainly be tempted to try a flat 442, we lack width on some many occasions. Was ok under Grant but the strikers we have now need crosses in the box IMO, not that Marshall can cross to be fair. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Reeves, Williams, Cullen and Aribo wouldnt work IMO and definitely didn't against Blackpool. I am not 100% convinced by the diamond because we don't have anyone to play just behind the front 2. Not been massively impressed with Williams, lacks end product. I would certainly be tempted to try a flat 442, we lack width on some many occasions. Was ok under Grant but the strikers we have now need crosses in the box IMO, not that Marshall can cross to be fair. 
    Compare how we looked in the first 60 minutes vs Pompey (with Williams at the tip of the diamond)

to how we looked the whole game against Bristol Rovers.

Id agree Williams does need to add a few more goals/assists to his game, but I think a lot of what he does goes unnoticed. A 442 with perhaps two of the least consistent wingers in the league is also a massive recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    Honestly think he's our best player, has to be fully fit for the play offs