Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Krystian Bielik has suffered an ankle injury - "Doesn't look good" - Bowyer

13»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

The Arsenal loanee played 90 minutes against England’s U21s on Thursday, March 21st and, while away with his country, he suffered a minor ankle sprain. 

Bielik is likely to sit out the weekend clash against Bradford but it is hoped that he could return for the Addicks’ clash against Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, April 6th.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c9b94deb8743/krystian-bielik-injury-update
    Great news but i'd like to think we don't push to rush him back for the 6th, i'd rather get him fully fit even if it takes another week or so.

Sounds like a plan. It's not as if we're pushing for a place in the play-offs and auto promotion in not going to happen. Cotton wool time for certain players I think.
  • Options
    Excellent.
  • Options
    Far better than feared and was hinted to me. Thankfully it could only be Forster-Caskey and Page to only come back now. Seems as though Forster-Caskey is actually a little in front of Page, who would’ve thought that back in October?

Good news and hopefully have them all available for the play-offs. But having Bielik back in just over a week is great news.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Far better than feared and was hinted to me. Thankfully it could only be Forster-Caskey and Page to only come back now. Seems as though Forster-Caskey is actually a little in front of Page, who would’ve thought that back in October?

Good news and hopefully have them all available for the play-offs. But having Bielik back in just over a week is great news.
    @sage where is Page in terms of recovery?
  • Options
    Sage said:

The back Page
  • Options
    Sage said:

Page 3 I believe.
  • Options
    Excellent news, I believe he is a very important player for us in the games against the other top sides - i.e. the playoff matches. I'll admit I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of the players for other teams in this division, but I don't think there are any other league one midfielders who can marry physicality and technique the way Bielik does.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Good question.

If it was any other player, I’d be able to give a more definitive answer, but even going back to last season, Page’s recoveries are different to others, they don’t always go to schedule as you can tell with this season too unfortunately. This is not any fault of Page’s, it’s just the way injuries go sometimes. He has just been very unlucky.

He is now doing work outside and beginning to bring more and more ball work into it too. If I was pressed to say where he is in terms of coming back, maybe a week or two behind Forster-Caskey, at this very moment. That can quickly change though, we still need to see how Forster-Caskey reacts to contact training and game time at U23 level. Page may creep in front of him and be back even sooner. But it would probably be a safe bet to say we could see him in 3 weeks, possibly 4, which isn’t far away at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Good question.

If it was any other player, I’d be able to give a more definitive answer, but even going back to last season, Page’s recoveries are different to others, they don’t always go to schedule as you can tell with this season too unfortunately. This is not any fault of Page’s, it’s just the way injuries go sometimes. He has just been very unlucky.

He is now doing work outside and beginning to bring more and more ball work into it too. If I was pressed to say where he is in terms of coming back, maybe a week or two behind Forster-Caskey, at this very moment. That can quickly change though, we still need to see how Forster-Caskey reacts to contact training and game time at U23 level. Page may creep in front of him and be back even sooner. But it would probably be a safe bet to say we could see him in 3 weeks, possibly 4, which isn’t far away at all.
    I’m going to be optimistic (possibly foolish) and say 3 weeks, he could be back for Oxford away, 19th April.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Believe some of these comments are well over the top. For me Bielik is only now beginning to use the ball far better than he did only a couple of months ago. He is now starting to take one touch and pass, before it was 4 touches before passing.

He will be a big loss, 100%, but it’s not disastrous. Cullen at the base of the diamond is more than competent, especially against the level of opposition we have for the remaining games of the season.

He isn’t our best player, for me Aribo is far better than him and would be a bigger miss to our side now in our current situation than Bielik is. 

Bielik and Forster-Caskey to be back at the end of next month and we will go into the play-offs looking strong.

Don’t panic.
    Both Cullen and Bielik are well above this level. We do have an issue around playing both which is hard not to do because they are so good. Because we have Cullen, Bielik is not such a miss for us. Although he is a terrific player.

It is true that if we lost Taylor, we would be completely buggered.
    Good point and I’d rather have them both here and one on the bench than having one of them at a top 6 rival. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Good question.

Thanks @sage very sage like.

I will hold you to that promise, cross your heart hope to die that page will 100% FACT play in four weeks time : - )
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Good question.

I will hold you to that promise, cross your heart hope to die that page will 100% FACT play in four weeks time : - )
    Let’s hope so cause I wanna see us win the play-offs in May!

On a side note, I really am looking forward to having Page back, he gives us a different dimension to the side and an outlet out wide left. Purrington has been good and solid since joining and is getting better going forward, he’s helped us with balance, which is so important in defence, but Page is the better player and suits Bows style far more.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Good question.

Let’s hope so cause I wanna see us win the play-offs in May!

On a side note, I really am looking forward to having Page back, he gives us a different dimension to the side and an outlet out wide left. Purrington has been good and solid since joining and is getting better going forward, he’s helped us with balance, which is so important in defence, but Page is the better player and suits Bows style far more.
    Agree, we have missed him
  • Options
    Given the diamond and our lack of attacking wing backs, with Cullen capable of holding, I'd like to see Briek given a run out at RB, I think he could be a revelation. It also might give him a door to the Gunners 1st team.