Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bradford | Sat 30 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

We were top and Swindon bottom,
    Without checking, 99/2000 season ?

Sticking with 3-0 tomorrow.

Remember that one i think.  They parked the bus and their one squirmed under Deano's body into the net, if i recollect correctly...

Also a salutary lesson in life for my 11 year old who on the bus back home turned to me and said "Dad life isn't fair is it?"

2-0 to Lee Bowyer's red n white army.
  • Options
    Bradford last week sounded like a team in deep trouble so this has to be 3 points. We never make it easy though so I am going 1-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

Kiely basically scooped the ball into his own net.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

I had a picture in my mind of Deano making a faux Pas. 
  • Options
    Bowyer a happy man at the end
  • Options
    Bradford conceded 15 goals in last 6 league games, so you’d hope we’d manage a couple of goals at least
  • Options
    5-1 Igor x2, Taylor x2 & Reeves.

Expecting a rout and good momentum for the final run in 
  • Options
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

Yep, year we won the league. Michael Carrick sneaking one under Deano. 
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

Believe the stats showed that they won 1-0 without having a shot on target.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    hawksmoor said:
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

That's the one!  Typical Charlton. All ready for a big satisfying dump, then all we got was a damp fart!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hands up if you are going to give this man a brilliant reception at The Valley tomorrow... We're looking forward to seeing you, @billyclarke7 #cafc

• Options
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

Yep, year we won the league. Michael Carrick sneaking one under Deano. 
    I had no idea it was someone that good who had scored the goal (even if it was in reality a Deano howler), which will I suppose make Deano feel better! On loan from West Ham at the time and only 18
  • Options
    As a former Leeds player, Bowyer will no doubt get a friendly reception from the Bradford fans...
  • Options
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

Wow. Remember that. Kiely spilled it in at the near post.
  • Options
    Lapslie will be fit - he has just run past my house.
    Good lad.
    Too be fair, he’s probably run past everyone’s house!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    This is a massivr 3-0 win. 

If we plaike this every week, we could still get automatic promotion. You never know the title might even come our way too. 

COYA. 
    Doctor, someone's not taken their medication.
  • Options
    I think we'll win.  I hope Grant sinks the Nigels.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every match is, as they say, a big game now but a win tomorrow will take us 12 points ahead of Peterborough in 7th and, to all intents and purposes, seal our play-off place with 7 games to go. It will also enable us to put some pressure on Pompey for 4th place and a second home leg in the semi-final.

I don't expect tomorrow to be easy but if we can get our noses in front, Bradford may, like other struggling teams low on confidence, feel a sense of doom and conclude that they are in for a long and arduous afternoon. Let's hope so.

Like @Sage, I hope that Naby Sarr comes back into the side, as his passing from the back will help us split the lines offensively, particularly as they are likely to get lots of men behind the ball. More importantly, I had a vivid dream this week that the Nabster curled a beautiful free kick into the top right hand corner of the Covered End net (i.e. to the goalie's left), although I couldn't identify the opposition and so this 'premonition' - stoked by plentiful Tuscan food and wine - may come to pass in one of our other remaining five home games (including the play-off semi-final). Remember, you heard it here first.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Charlton 0 Swindon 1

He did - that was the game where Swindon won without having a shot on target. For the goal, the guy pulled it back from an acute angle and Deano tried to smother it at his near post, and managed to squeeze it under his body back towards his own goal and roll across the line - haven't ever seen anything similar before or since!

I remember we spent the whole game battering them, but couldn't seem to force it over the line, with Matty Svensson missing some good chances.

We had a very similar game against Huddersfield a few weeks later, where absolutely tore them a new one for ninety minutes, only to be undone by their one shot on target.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    It’s been two months since we last played (ok 2 weeks but it seems like 2 months), the sun is shining, it’s like the season is starting all over again...and in a way it is, as it’s a mini season in itself...one last push to try and win everything now and see where we end up...
  • Options
    Going against the grain on this one.......

They have a leaky defence - we dont score many.

Always do poorly against the bottom sides 

Players either been away on international duty so lots of travelling or sat at home on their mini-break.

They have a striker we chased last year (Doyle), a player returning to the Valley (Clarke) and we have one of their cast-ofgs (Marshall)

Ergo.....0-2 (Doyle & Clarke - with Marshall giving away a pen)
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not you golfie!
  • Options
    2-1 Win , will not be easy. COYRS!!
  • Options

Players either been away on international duty so lots of travelling or sat at home on their mini-break.

They have a striker we chased last year (Doyle), a player returning to the Valley (Clarke) and we have one of their cast-ofgs (Marshall)

I might be wrong, but I believe the only bottom 6 side we've lost to this season is Rochdale away and they were probably about 15th at the time.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I might be wrong, but I believe the only bottom 6 side we've lost to this season is Rochdale away and they were probably about 15th at the time.
    Ooo so close... they were 14th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45923589

If Scunthorpe drop a place this weekend then they're the other bottom six team we've lost to this season
  • Options

Ooo so close... they were 14th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45923589

If Scunthorpe drop a place this weekend then they're the other bottom six team we've lost to this season
    Damn I was going to say 14th :-(
  • Options
    We don't seem to run away with games this season, but this has been the season of penalties.
    I feel we will be awarded a penalty today, the issue is will we score it.