Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    Think Conference North would be a good level for Bury next season. 
  • Options
    Bury's problems to be fair were more to do with the various owners they've had and how previous takeovers and transfers had been financed, it's not as if they'd especially been splashing out on players in recent years. Indeed they're basically a L1/L2 yo yo side, rather than a side only above their natural level due to a sugar daddy (like Salford)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Richard J said:
    If you take Darlington 1883 into consideration (the club that formed out of Darlington) then they started from the Northern League Division One (three below the Conference North)

Seems though that was because they planned to play at a Ground that didnt mean Northern Premier League requirements so had to start a level lower

I guess if Bury can continue playing @ Gigg Lane then they'll enter the League below the Conference North
  • Options
    If they keep the same owner I suspect they wont start next season at all sadly
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    If you take Darlington 1883 into consideration (the club that formed out of Darlington) then they started from the Northern League Division One (three below the Conference North)

Seems though that was because they planned to play at a Ground that didnt mean Northern Premier League requirements so had to start a level lower

I guess if Bury can continue playing @ Gigg Lane then they'll enter the League below the Conference North
    The problem for such clubs is that the ground may be unaffordable for them to use with the reduced gate income, and that they don't own the ground anyway...
  • Options
    Hardly a surprise that Bury weren't allowed back in.

Steve Dale is still the owner and the CVA/debts are still there.

Nothing has changed.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    If you can’t access Twitter, the tweets posted above are here....

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1177814475673673728.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The petition for an Independent Regulator for Football mentioned earlier on this thread and by CASTrust, https://www.castrust.org/2019/08/petition-for-an-independent-regulator-for-football/stands at 9125 signatures, short of the 10000 needed to trigger a response.

Normally there would be plenty of time left to achieve the requisite number, but because of the General Election all "live" petitions will close at midnight today, 5 Nov.  So if you wish to sign, do it now!!

This is the explanation in full:

Legislate for the creation of an independent regulator for football
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/268665

Because of the General Election, the closing date for the petitions you signed has changed. All petitions now have to close at 00:01am on 6 November. This is because Parliament will be dissolved, which means all parliamentary business – including petitions – will come to an end until after the election. This means the petitions site will be closed and people will not be able to start or sign petitions.

We’re sorry we weren’t able to give you more notice that this would happen.

The petitions will be available for people to read on the site even though it will be closed for signatures. These petitions won’t be reopened after the election.

The Government can’t respond to petitions during the election period. This means if any of the petitions has over 10,000 signatures, they can’t receive a response from the current Government after 5 November. After the election, the new Government will have to decide whether it wants to respond to petitions from before the election.

The current Petitions Committee, the group of MPs who decide whether petitions are debated, won’t exist after 6 November. This means that if any of the petitions has over 100,000 signatures, they can’t be scheduled for debate during this Parliament. After the election, there will be a new Petitions Committee, and they will be responsible for deciding which petitions are debated.

The petitions site will open again after the election, but at the moment we don’t know exactly when. You can follow us on Twitter @HoCPetitions for updates, or check back on the petitions site for news if you prefer.

Ahead of the General Election on 12 December, make sure you’re registered to vote. You can check whether you’re eligible to vote and find out how to register at: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. The deadline to register to vote is Tuesday 26 November.

• Options
    Petition signed, now 9132.
    868 more signatures required before midnight.
  • Options
    Violence is never the answer, Dale could be the exception.
  • Options
    The English Football League should be made to pay reparations to Bury for a loss of earnings following the club's expulsion from League One, a select committee inquiry has concluded.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50302522
  • Options
    Now up to 9207 signatures.

• Options
    clive said:
    The English Football League should be made to pay reparations to Bury for a loss of earnings following the club's expulsion from League One, a select committee inquiry has concluded.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50302522
    It’s a start. I don’t know if they went into more detail, but they would probably need to clarify the prohibition on borrowing using the ground as an asset. I think they would need to carve out an exemption that allowed you to borrow for stadium improvements, but for no other reason. I would also prohibit selling the ground unless the proceeds were exclusively to pay for a new ground. 
  • Options

The English Football League has begun a formal investigation into Macclesfield Town's failure to pay their players.

Players at the League Two club went on strike last week over unpaid salaries.

Macclesfield have until 16:00 GMT on Wednesday to satisfy the EFL's request for information, with the threat of beginning disciplinary proceedings "if matters cannot be resolved".

In that eventuality, an independent disciplinary commission could impose financial or sporting sanctions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50389723

• Options
    Will be really surprising if Macclesfield arent the next to follow Bury!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/nov/21/macclesfield-town-crisis-late-wages-players-strike-high-court-league-two

Just have to hope that their mess isnt as deep as Bury's (Mortgaging the ground to finance other ventures etc.)

Current owner sounds like another Duchatalet though!!

Macclesfield have one of the smallest budgets in the Football League and among the lowest average gates.

There is no chairman, no chief executive, no general manager, no commercial manager and no academy. Alkadhi, as the only stakeholder, the only director and the only board member, calls the shots but few are being fired. He lives in Ibiza and has not attended a game at Moss Rose this season. “

I never wanted to be at the helm,” he says. “It’s a money-losing business so it does not serve me at all to spend time on getting things right here

• Options

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/nov/21/macclesfield-town-crisis-late-wages-players-strike-high-court-league-two

Just have to hope that their mess isnt as deep as Bury's (Mortgaging the ground to finance other ventures etc.)

Macclesfield have one of the smallest budgets in the Football League and among the lowest average gates.

There is no chairman, no chief executive, no general manager, no commercial manager and no academy. Alkadhi, as the only stakeholder, the only director and the only board member, calls the shots but few are being fired. He lives in Ibiza and has not attended a game at Moss Rose this season. “

I never wanted to be at the helm,” he says. “It’s a money-losing business so it does not serve me at all to spend time on getting things right here

A grim situation. I was really surprised Daryl McMahon and Steve Gritt took the job there, a shambolic club oop north.
  • Options
    This is a crying shame for the club & its supporters - and downright shameful that the EFL are standing by while so many clubs are struggling with owners who by any common sense meaning of the words are unfit to be in charge of a Subbuteo set.

For those who don't know it, Macclesfield is a lovely market town, whose main industrial claim to fame was silk weaving, and which lies at the edge of the Peak District National Park.

Yes, the town itself is only 52,000, and there are easy rail connections to Manchester where the big clubs will always draw the glory hunters.  But at the prices United & City charge for tickets I would have thought there was ample scope to build a solid following of locals for a local club, if only Macclesfield Town had a decent owner who showed some interest in the place and the people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A grim situation. I was really surprised Daryl McMahon and Steve Gritt took the job there, a shambolic club oop north.
    The phone clearly does not ring much for Mr Gritt.

He has bills to pay.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    This is a crying shame for the club & its supporters - and downright shameful that the EFL are standing by while so many clubs are struggling with owners who by any common sense meaning of the words are unfit to be in charge of a Subbuteo set.

For those who don't know it, Macclesfield is a lovely market town, whose main industrial claim to fame was silk weaving, and which lies at the edge of the Peak District National Park.

Yes, the town itself is only 52,000, and there are easy rail connections to Manchester where the big clubs will always draw the glory hunters.  But at the prices United & City charge for tickets I would have thought there was ample scope to build a solid following of locals for a local club, if only Macclesfield Town had a decent owner who showed some interest in the place and the people.
    Agree with this. Macc is a lovely place - gateway to many a ride round the peak district for me, and much nicer than people Daaahn Saaahf would believe. Honestly, it's not all grim Oop Norf
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Agree with this. Macc is a lovely place - gateway to many a ride round the peak district for me, and much nicer than people Daaahn Saaahf would believe. Honestly, it's not all grim Oop Norf
    I’ve never stopped there but have been through it loads of times on the train and it looks a really nice place.
  • Options
    Journey between Macclesfield and Buxton is a brilliant road to drive down

Did it in September and its pretty much left turn | right turn | left turn as you wind up and across the edge of the Peak District

Much better and much more fun than Motorway driving
  • Options
    Macclesfield have told the EFL that they are unable to fulfil tomorrows fixture
  • Options

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/december/efl-statement-macclesfield-town-v-crewe-alexandra/

Macclesfield Town has informed the EFL that they will not be in a position to fulfil Saturday’s League Two fixture against Crewe Alexandra.

As a result of this formal notification, the League has been forced to suspend the game and under EFL Regulations, the Club is now deemed to be guilty of misconduct and will be referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission. The EFL will now consider the matter of determining when the fixture will be played.

The EFL had met members of playing staff at Macclesfield Town alongside representatives of the PFA earlier on Friday and during that constructive meeting it was made clear that the health and wellbeing of both the players and staff had been adversely affected by the ongoing late payment of wages and, as a result, would be unable to focus on on-the-pitch matters.

The EFL has considerable sympathy with the difficulties faced by all those affected at the club and is continuing to offer appropriate support to players via the PFA and to staff through our partnership with mental health charity Mind.

At the meeting the EFL also outlined its position, the options available in respect of taking action and stressed the responsibility it has in ensuring the competitions are governed correctly.

In addition to the existing and potential future regulatory action being taken, the EFL will continue to work on assisting in attempting to secure an appropriate resolution to the overall challenge facing the Club. It has been utilising central payments to ensure players and staff were paid whilst the owner has looked to find a sustainable longer term solution to the ongoing issues.

It does remain the obligation of the Club to find a way to deliver on the commitments it has made to its players, staff and other stakeholders, including the EFL and its member Clubs.

Last month Macclesfield Town was charged with misconduct under EFL Regulation 63.7 and referred to a Disciplinary Commission for failing to pay its players on the applicable payment due dates, with a hearing to be held later this month. 

• Options
    "EFL wasting time on Macclesfield when they should be processing our takeover"

Say impatient Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Phoenix club has been formed by Bury fans with an application submitted to join a League in the 10th tier of the pyramid

Doesnt look like they'll be playing at Gigg Lane though
  • Options
    Macclesfield have been docked 6 points, with a further 4 point deduction suspended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50861229
  • Options
    Morecambe in trouble as well I believe, admin looming.